Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 V50 battery?

Finaly I discovered the problem. Everyone can reproduce this situation.
    I'm listening music in my phone with the headphone plugged to my automotive radio/cd player.
    When I arrive at work, I unplug the headphone cable and continues to listen the music with the speakers. (and the problem begins ...). Then, average power consumption goes to 0.25W. The only way to stop the high consumption is reboot the phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

so my battery is barely one year old, and i used to charge my phone once in two days with using music player over bluetooth headset and chatting over Edge, almost never used wifi in home network. With the new fw/hacked and only 10 apps installed it last mostly one and half day without using it at all! after 20 hours 4 bars dropped and I let it untouched.... and yesterday I made almost 80 pics in best quality and after 6 hours battery empty, so back on charger, and after full charge it went dead just 2 or 3 hours later!!
    I noticed that the battery was warm all the time, not hot but just warm...

And today I am using my phone without memory card and seems like no problems till now.... I let you know what changed and what helped

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My battery goes dead after 3 days now, used to last 6, but the phone is about 1.5 years old

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My battery was great until I get v50. In fact I'd only have to charge it every couple of days.

However, since v50, it will last from about 7am - 5pm and only go down by 1 bar. However, by 7pm it will go down to 1 bar and start beeping at me - in 2 hours it's losing nearly all of the battery.

I have gravity running, getting regular updates from twitter. However, it's doing this all day, not just during the 2 hours in which the battery drains. I'm not doing anything extra with the phone.

It's got to the point where I had to buy an emergency charger at the weekend and carry it everywhere with me.

I'm going to try doing the battery refresh process tonight (i.e. drain battery, charge to full while off, charge to full when turned on, then repeat process) and see if that helps, but its a conincidence it started happening with v50.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok, even without memory card my 5800 on fw50 doesnt last longer than 15 hours, and I have no programs on C , i even removed the rompatcher hack, without success, but the new beta java 2,1 seems very suspicious.... I uninstalled it and another thing, I did the factory settings format, which is the soft format, all you loose are bluetooth paired deevices, all settings, but messages , applications, and saved wifi network remain. The phone seems faster, and i gained 7 MB ram after startup!!!

The thing is, I always made a full backup, and after new fw i didnt set the settings manualy, but from the backup file... maybe the prob here.
    Will report after day of use

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, i did hard reset some days ago. Now phone can work longer than before. I formatted my memory card, and installed just some most important applications i need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

wow i find a solution. try to turn of 3G and switch on GSM.i try this and my 5800 battery life now is 4 days chears )))

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried to turn to gsm and turn off automatic operator search, but didnt helped, my phone was realy fast draining, under 24 hours

So solved! what helped me was uninstaled the new java beta 2,1 (not sure if this was causing the problem too) and than soft reset and i set all my settings manualy not from old backup.

Now I am back on 2 - 3 days with using my phone over edge, touching it all the time , checking mails, taking videos etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

this must be related to the integration of kinetic scrolling on the menu.. mine lasts for 1 and half day. Played around with camera 1 day..

Quote Originally Posted by xhXnx
    this must be related to the integration of kinetic scrolling on the menu.. mine lasts for 1 and half day. Played around with camera 1 day..
    what must be relatet the java thing ??

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast