Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default 5800 v50 BUGS & FLAWS!!!

We all know this is coming so here it is...

So far my 5800 has gotten alot more sluggish and is Hanging Left, Right an Centre! UpDated not less than an hour and have had to take the Battery out 5 times because of Freezing and during different tasks. Latest one was Changing Theme. And it's an Offical Ovi The BlackDMMM00012 Theme that done it. Before that it was on the first Start Up. Didn't Boot right at all, Came up System Error and then started to Install something, installed what ever it was and then hung. 2 steps forwar Nokia an 7 Back! FFS!!!

Haven't even got to try the New Browser, which if crashes once, I'll be selling my 5800 an 3 5230's to score a Droid, Nokia is Way behind the times. 5800 is PANTS compared to some new CHEAP counterparts!

Kinetic Scrolling in Apps Menu is Lagging to Bits! Sick I rushed in to UpDate! No QuickOffice of yet either

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 v50 BUGS & FLAWS!!!

Hey guys!

Today I installed v50 on my 5800, but I can't find the Office application anywhere... I looked for it everywhere, but it seems, I don't have it Oo Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
    Dan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-Dee
    We all know this is coming so here it is...

So far my 5800 has gotten alot more sluggish and is Hanging Left, Right an Centre! UpDated not less than an hour and have had to take the Battery out 5 times because of Freezing and during different tasks. Latest one was Changing Theme. And it's an Offical Ovi The BlackDMMM00012 Theme that done it. Before that it was on the first Start Up. Didn't Boot right at all, Came up System Error and then started to Install something, installed what ever it was and then hung. 2 steps forwar Nokia an 7 Back! FFS!!!

Haven't even got to try the New Browser, which if crashes once, I'll be selling my 5800 an 3 5230's to score a Droid, Nokia is Way behind the times. 5800 is PANTS compared to some new CHEAP counterparts!

Kinetic Scrolling in Apps Menu is Lagging to Bits! Sick I rushed in to UpDate! No QuickOffice of yet either
    Well i updated and doesn't seem to be having a problem. I ran opera mobie 10 along with taskman and was sms'ing... No problem with me. And yess the menu kinetic scrolling IS LAggly, but it doesn't make a huge difference to me. And btw i think nokia just edited the n97 firmware for 5800 ...coz facebook think that im using an n97... No it says 'downloand facebook app for your n97'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

and ake sure your phone mem is as free an possible..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

if it's buggy then expect a new firmware coming soon.. lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

KS in app menu is laggy. For my code (Balcan RED) quick office is missing. Music player library wan't refresh after hard reset (potential problem there).

So far, nice update!

themightym

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

For me, in general device some slower but maybe I need hard reset... Also Music player opening takes 12-18 sec

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

wow some of you guys have some serious problems. i updated straight from a cfw and i didnt hard restart or anything and it's working just fine the only problem i had was that i was getting a invalid server name error when using the web browser but then i used a different wireless connection and i havent see the problem since then. mine did come with office but it said i had to purchase to use it. i guess u guys can try flashing again or something good luck to you this firmware is great and the good thing is that we all were somewhat settled with v40 and didnt expect more but this, this is a welcomed surprise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I recommend a hard reset which I did...

My menu KS is not laggy. Very fast...

Before hard reset I have 47.2 mb after 68.2mb with all my programs and themes(I always install themes in C installed.

Buttttt I also formated my memory card and install my all app, music etc. one by one.

Now my phone fast as never before. And also I'm very tired about uptading and installing...

And dissapointed about quickoffice... I want office :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Being a leaked FW, I would assume that its unfinished. Thats probably why there are quite a few major problems still not resolved.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast