Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 427
  1. #371
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas333
    Has anyone encountered this program called SecureWidgetPreInstaller? Since I've installed v50, it's always running, and it's not possible to terminate it using the built-in taskmanager. I suspect it using all of the CPU power, and so draining the battery, because the phone has become very slow since the update, and because the battery only lasted half a day.

    Can anyone shed some light on this problem? If there is no other solution, I might have to do a hard reset.
    Same problem here. Is there a solution?
    Can we downgrade?

  2. #372
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    127
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Quote Originally Posted by OoOshii
    Has anyone tried out the "Rihanna service launcher" or the "quick office" PLZ HOW U GET THEM!!!
    I tried them ,and they are working fine,maybe you installed one of the modded firmwares ,try flashing again using nsu,or using JAF like I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by dell
    Hi All,

    I just tried twice to download v50 frm v40 and the total downloaded stated as 156.6 mb but when reach it jus moved on to 230+mb and then sometimes restart all over from 0. anyone can help? thanks
    Go to http://btusers.com.ar/nan/nokia
    find your product code then download all the files to one place (total size about 140 MB)
    then flash using JAF :

    to flash v50thanks to appleorangefruit )

    1.open jaf and tick manual flash, and dead usb and untick crt 308, untick normal mode
    2. navigate to folder where the v50 original firmware is downloaded to
    3. rename the core file .C00 to .c0r
    4. now come back to jaf, press MCU and wait for 30 sec for popup to come and select the core file
    5. then press PPM and select the rofs2
    6. then press CNT and select rofs3 (select show all file types first)
    7. then press APE variant and select this file RM-356_50.0.005_026_000_U01.uda.fpsx
    and press ok
    8. switch off ur phone and connect to pc .
    9. press flash button
    10. press ok on the error box
    11. then immidiately press the power button on phone once (dont keep holding it)
    12. thats it.... v50 firmware is flashed...
    13...remove your battery then put it back inside to restart the phone and that's it.
    enjoy

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas333
    Has anyone encountered this program called SecureWidgetPreInstaller? Since I've installed v50, it's always running, and it's not possible to terminate it using the built-in taskmanager. I suspect it using all of the CPU power, and so draining the battery, because the phone has become very slow since the update, and because the battery only lasted half a day.

    Can anyone shed some light on this problem? If there is no other solution, I might have to do a hard reset.
    Strange.....When I first started the phone after flashing there was a SecureWidgetPreInstaller running in the background ,I tried to kill it but with no luck then after 3 minutes or so it displayed a message saying installation failed ,go to app manager to install. and it was gone.
    I would try soft resetting ,then hard resetting if I were you.


  3. #373
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Not available yet for my 5800 with product code 0578087
    Not via FOTA nor NSU.

    //P

  4. #374
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Hi
    I updated from v40 to v50 using NSU
    Menu grid kinetic scrolling is sluggish
    music player is good
    kinetic scrolling in music playing is very good
    i guess sound quality improved a bit.!!
    When scrolling song list in music player using side bar, Alpabet appearing on centre of screen as we in ipod.
    hide option instead of exit button
    no find option in music for me
    no quick office,no rihana
    browser is good
    new ovi sync application

    it failed to start with memory card inserted,had to remove microsd to wake the cell
    Its best to do hard format to get free memory in c
    before update free mem on c drive is 36.5mb
    after update also its same
    when i did hard rest,it became 73mb
    when i restore using backup from microsd,it came to 61mb,but phone failed to start again
    better to format my card also,will do later tonight


  5. #375
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,271
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Quote Originally Posted by pibroens
    Same problem here. Is there a solution?
    Can we downgrade?
    I got it this morning after I restarted my phone. Then my pics disappeared from the gallery. Fixed it in like 15min.

    Turned off the phone, took out the card, ran it for disk check and reinserted it, turned on, and voila, working wonderful phone.

  6. #376
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA


  7. #377
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Is it worth changing product code or should I just wait until they release it for my prod.code 0578087?
    Can't stand the wait...

    Is it worth changing from fw V40 to this one? The only flaw for me with that one is that the native browser crashes like all the time. Otherwise all good. U guys like V50?

    /P

  8. #378
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    464
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Just updated but have not hard reset yet!

    Music player improvements are good
    Overall kinetic scrolling is improved...it is more fluid now
    There is some kinda kinetic scrolling in browser as well...auto fullscreen feature is also good though laggy
    Didnt find any new apps else than Ovi sync (but it doesnt work with wifi ?)
    Didnt see any improvements in Camera :\


    Btw, it is really good to see how Nokia is taking care of an old model.

  9. #379
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter77
    Is it worth changing product code or should I just wait until they release it for my prod.code 0578087?
    Can't stand the wait...

    Is it worth changing from fw V40 to this one? The only flaw for me with that one is that the native browser crashes like all the time. Otherwise all good. U guys like V50?

    /P
    it's up to you dude, on my end i already changed my product code because until now if i didn't changed my product code..my fw for 5800xm will still be V31.0.101. btw my orig product code is 0583152.

    now it's 0573730.

  10. #380
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

    Quote Originally Posted by shahood
    Just updated but have not hard reset yet!

    Music player improvements are good
    Overall kinetic scrolling is improved...it is more fluid now
    There is some kinda kinetic scrolling in browser as well...auto fullscreen feature is also good though laggy
    Didnt find any new apps else than Ovi sync (but it doesnt work with wifi ?)
    Didnt see any improvements in Camera :\


    Btw, it is really good to see how Nokia is taking care of an old model.
    yup, kudos to nokia. cheers!


 
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Application for seeing availible RAM and showing where phone memory went
    By deathbyguitae in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 02:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •