Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NOKIA 5800 V50.0.005 AVAILIBLE VIA NSU and OTA

Quote Originally Posted by torko
    well thanks to all I'm from Macedonia and i just update before 2 hours my nokia 5800(unhacked) from V21.0.025 to V50.0.005.I update with NSU and downloading and installing software take me about 20 minutes
    first i make backup and then i remove my memory card.when i first start up the phone it's look great then i adjust settings and turn off touch vibration.then i go to file manager and i see that phone memory is 59,3MB.I turn off the phone and make hard reset.then i set up time zone,date,ect.i go to file manager and the phone memory was 79MB i back memory card and make restore from backup and the phone is flying.The KS in menu is a bit laggy,but in the phonebook is excelent i feel a big difference in this software.Camera have better quallity and also work second camera.The Music player has very nice interface and side volume buttons is work perfectly. But there is no Rihanna application,and Quickoffice the radio RDS doesn't working,and one question:where is the maps navigation,like in OVI Maps 3.03? thanks Nokia new firmware is rocking
    Just a doubt...you said Music player has very nice interface but i see the same music player, only difference is the mini album art before the songs!

Can anyone post screen shots of the music player interface while playing a song.

Regards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mossimo53
    I have a CFW v40 but when i try to upgrade to v50 it tells me that it cannot via JAF flashing (normal flashing) or OTA. Can somebody tell me if and how i can upgrade to Nokia v50 or would I have to flash it as a dead phone.
    try the dead usb option mate works every single time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Just finished updating my phone tonight. I'm really impressed with the improvements on the music player, like what you guys posted (smooth kinetic scrolling while playing a track).

Besides that, the contacts carousel on the contacts bar homescreen scrolls smoothly unllike in v40, even when playing music. Though it's a bit unresponsive when you try pressing the "Add" or a contact.

Only problem is the application folder (menu) kinetic scroll. It's not so really that smooth.

Lastly, I don't notice any difference with the touch vibration. Seems to me it's the same like v40.

Btw, is Ovi Maps present in the "Installed applications" of the Application manager?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have a Nokia 5800 RM-428 can i update by using the RM-356 product codes?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranho
    i've only realized now that my 5800 bought in spain is made in hungary and that it says that the v31 is the most updated version.

can somebody help me? can I update the firmware anyway? and how?
    Help please?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TTK
    i have a Nokia 5800 RM-428 can i update by using the RM-356 product codes?
    You'll have to wait for a couple of weeks Just like the release of v40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranho
    Help please?
    Download the software to upgrade your phone's firmware from: http://europe.nokia.com/support/down...oftware-update

Install it on your PC and run it. Once you've run the software, follow the instructions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by torko
    where is the maps navigation,like in OVI Maps 3.03? thanks Nokia new firmware is rocking
    That would be the Maps application in the first menu, ie. when you press the menu button. Then you go to "Drive" and enter your destination.

Quote Originally Posted by xhXnx
    Lastly, I don't notice any difference with the touch vibration. Seems to me it's the same like v40.
    I think the touch vibration, haptic feedback, is a little more stronger than before, very subtle though but noticeable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidism
    I think the touch vibration, haptic feedback, is a little more stronger than before, very subtle though but noticeable.
    I have to agree now.. lol. I noticed it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok, this is odd. So I updated via FOTA, then finding the KS in menu laggy sometimes (well sometimes it smoothens up), I decided to reinstall the firmware. NSU wont work on my Vista lappy for some reason, and Ovi Suite worked perfectly since its initial conception for me so I used that. I finished the download in like an hour (my brother was playing DoTA on the other PC and was hogging bandwidth), but when it was about to install, It gave me an error stating that I have non commercial software installed!

Then I read here that it comes with Quickoffice 4.2, and I already have Quickoffice 6. Is that the cause?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    Ok, this is odd. So I updated via FOTA, then finding the KS in menu laggy sometimes (well sometimes it smoothens up), I decided to reinstall the firmware. NSU wont work on my Vista lappy for some reason, and Ovi Suite worked perfectly since its initial conception for me so I used that. I finished the download in like an hour (my brother was playing DoTA on the other PC and was hogging bandwidth), but when it was about to install, It gave me an error stating that I have non commercial software installed!

Then I read here that it comes with Quickoffice 4.2, and I already have Quickoffice 6. Is that the cause?
    That error happens when you use a CFW, as other members said

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast