Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Guide: Flash Your Dead 5800/any BB5 phone using JAF tool

Quote Originally Posted by abhije
    it is directly connected n i tried other usb ports too..but outcome is the same..
    i hv win 7 pc 32bit.. i flashed ma phone many times previously !!
    try redownloading the firmware files then mate. sometimes the download can become corrupt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    try redownloading the firmware files then mate. sometimes the download can become corrupt.
    I tried different FW, the C6 port from pnht n the main fw too from navifirm but it still outcome same, please suggest some other tweaks n thanks a lot for the replies..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried different FW, the C6 port from pnht n the main fw too from navifirm but it still outcome same, please suggest some other tweaks n thanks a lot for the replies..
    try downloading an official firmware from here

btusers.com.ar/nan/nokia/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i wanna ask something guys......m facing a problem with the CFW...whenever i format my memory card completely,it shows 1.9 GB memory.....but after this,when i try to reinstall the softwares,it prompts that the software is already exist,even though card is fresh now..also prompts that,"Application data stored to memory card,will no longer be usable"............what's the reason......?
    N from the day m facing this problem,not able to flash my phone,i think my CFW has corrupted,but working fine in my fone...!!!

At the time of flashing,pressing the ON/OFF button starts flashing process,but in my case,just a beep sound appears n then it gets totally blank n JAF says...PHONE NOT FOUND......in short my phone isn't responding,but phone isn't dead....

Is there any process to flash or remove a corrupted CFW,when it doesn't support the normal flashing process...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

okk i will try it but I had tried the navifirm's original fw n these firmwares are working well with other phone that i flashed rt away..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildlook
    i wanna ask something guys......m facing a problem with the CFW...whenever i format my memory card completely,it shows 1.9 GB memory.....but after this,when i try to reinstall the softwares,it prompts that the software is already exist,even though card is fresh now..also prompts that,"Application data stored to memory card,will no longer be usable"............what's the reason......?
    N from the day m facing this problem,not able to flash my phone,i think my CFW has corrupted,but working fine in my fone...!!!

At the time of flashing,pressing the ON/OFF button starts flashing process,but in my case,just a beep sound appears n then it gets totally blank n JAF says...PHONE NOT FOUND......in short my phone isn't responding,but phone isn't dead....

Is there any process to flash or remove a corrupted CFW,when it doesn't support the normal flashing process...
    would you happen to have a card reader?

okk i will try it but I had tried the navifirm's original fw n these firmwares are working well with other phone that i flashed rt away..
    it could be that the firmware got corrupted. editing it with nfe or any other editor sometimes corrupts it.

try to download it from there first then let us know what happens mate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

it could be that the firmware got corrupted. editing it with nfe or any other editor sometimes corrupts it.

try to download it from there first then let us know what happens mate.
    Well I tried everything, I flashed my friend's 5800 with the same fw, it works but in my case there is same sending error again and again..
    don't know what to do ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

would you happen to have a card reader?
    Yes,but would this help......... n how

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys please help me out.. I have aleady flashed my 5800 twice but this time it is creating havoc !
    Under BB5 Tab, after unticking CRT 308, when I am clicking on Use INI, it is showing the following error.

JAF version 1.98.62
    Detected PKEY: 90009699
    Card life counter: 99.99%
    P-key nokia module version 01.02
    FBUS INTERFACE NOT CONNECTED!!!
    USB Cable Driver version: 7.1.35.0
    Changing mode...Done!
    Detected P-KEY: 90009699
    Init usb communication...
    Failed! Aborting! (I tried once again and below error came back)
    Failed! Aborting!

I tried with Nokia Ovi Suite (Ver- 2.2.1.23) on and off both.. I also tried by clicking that new driver 7.0.2.0 installation with No and Yes Both.. I cant proceed further as the window (that comes for selecting my phone model) doesn't come . I have all files in their order in that RM-356 folder.

I also tried both Pkey Emulator versions i.e. V4 and V5. My OS is Vista-32 bit.

Please help me out !

Regards,
    Jinesh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well I tried everything, I flashed my friend's 5800 with the same fw, it works but in my case there is same sending error again and again..
    don't know what to do ?
    a couple of things to try are to redownload the firmware, change the usb port, hard reset the device before flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildlook
    Yes,but would this help......... n how
    first things first, remove your microSD card and plug it in your PC. format it from there.

second, hard reset your device using the three finger salute.

Press and hold GREEN + RED + CAMERA when powering up.Keep the keys pressed until you get the shaking hands. That should fully reset the device, with a lock code of 12345
    then download the official firmware from NAVIFIRM and place it somewhere. delete everything in the RM-356 folder.

copy the firmware files you've just downloaded to the RM-356 folder. flash your device.

re-insert your microSD card.

tell me how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jinesh999
    Guys please help me out.. I have aleady flashed my 5800 twice but this time it is creating havoc !
    Under BB5 Tab, after unticking CRT 308, when I am clicking on Use INI, it is showing the following error.

JAF version 1.98.62
    Detected PKEY: 90009699
    Card life counter: 99.99%
    FBUS INTERFACE NOT CONNECTED!!!
    USB Cable Driver version: 7.1.35.0
    Changing mode...Done!
    Failed! Aborting! (I tried once again and below error came back)
    Failed! Aborting!

I tried with Nokia Ovi Suite (Ver- 2.2.1.23) on and off both.. I also tried by clicking that new driver 7.0.2.0 installation with No and Yes Both.. I cant proceed further as the window (that comes for selecting my phone model) doesn't come . I have all files in their order in that RM-356 folder.

I also tried both Pkey Emulator versions i.e. V4 and V5. My OS is Vista-32 bit.

Please help me out !

Regards,
    Jinesh
    it's simple mate. you probably don't have your JAF ini. it's very odd not to have it but here it is anyway.

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=23054.0

also, i would suggest reinstalling OVI suite as if you have selected yes in the installation of JAF, you'll end up using the old driver. reinstalling OVI Suite should fix this. don't forget to restart after.

let me know how it goes mate.

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast