Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Guide: Flash Your Dead 5800/any BB5 phone using JAF tool

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1517
    My only "downgrade" attempt was when you told me to try going back to my original firmware, which was 21.2.025. I tried unchecking the factory setting and it made no difference. This time around, Manual Flash, Dead USB, Normal Mode, and Use INI were checked. The product code was change prior pretty much for certain, so I thought it wouldn't be necessary to check it. I want to do this with software because it's way cheaper, but if anyone thinks that getting one of those JAF boxes (I saw them for around $35 on ebay) would get me out of this jam, I'll do it. Thanks for sticking with me on this so far, 5800XM_User
    try flashing with an unticked normal mode

Quote Originally Posted by Bl3nch0z
    my phone doesnt not get an error if i plug the chargre on while its off the phone will come on and boot by itself, it will reset itself but never has an error
    you have been pmming me about this problem, and you did do something with your PM or permanent memory. When you downgraded, you corrupted the mobile's PM, the restarts are a security feature of Symbian when there's something wrong with the PM. You need to get it serviced.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks oreo for the help, i can longer get it fixed by nokia because i have voided the warranty, is they any other to service e.g jaf box ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    try flashing with an unticked normal mode
    I just now tried this. (Manual Flash, Dead USB, Use INI) and it's still as dead as it was before. What's really screwing with me is the flasher is saying it finishes 100% okay every time, but it's still not working on the phone. I'm open to any options you may still have left, including servicing the phone or one of those JAF boxes (if it'd help). My budget just prevents me from dropping $200+ on a new phone right now.... Thanks a bunch for helping me this far, people. I'm glad there's people nice enough to help out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1517
    My only "downgrade" attempt was when you told me to try going back to my original firmware, which was 21.2.025. I tried unchecking the factory setting and it made no difference. This time around, Manual Flash, Dead USB, Normal Mode, and Use INI were checked. The product code was change prior pretty much for certain, so I thought it wouldn't be necessary to check it. I want to do this with software because it's way cheaper, but if anyone thinks that getting one of those JAF boxes (I saw them for around $35 on ebay) would get me out of this jam, I'll do it. Thanks for sticking with me on this so far, 5800XM_User
    Sorry masterchief1517 what i meant is flash it with ur original product code with 40.2.005. If anything just take it to a shop to look at or Nokia care but they might take forever...

thanks oreo for the help, i can longer get it fixed by nokia because i have voided the warranty, is they any other to service e.g jaf box ?
    Bl3nch0z u can fix it by taking it to a shop that can flash a new .rpl usually a cyclone box or mxkey would be best to use.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks for the post 5800XM_User i want to buy a jaf box with mkey and do it myself, do u know how to restore rpl ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@Oreo - you haven't got back to me?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vijaygupta
    @Oreo - you haven't got back to me?
    whoops, sorry mate. i totally forgot. can you please pm the problem me so that i can remember later when i get home mate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

sent the message..btw, is there any way in this forum to see all your subscribed posts whether there are any replies to them or not?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks for the post 5800XM_User i want to buy a jaf box with mkey and do it myself, do u know how to restore rpl ?
    I would like to buy a JAF or Universal Box but it'll be used once and collect dust after a week or so.
    I've read only how to flash a .rpl but never did. However I did fix my phone from popping up "contact retailer" after downgrading but reboots every 5-10min of usage. The term is called Watchdog mode, its like a built in firewall if something wrong with the system or doesnt match it reboots.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i will use it alot to unlock phones and its much cheaper then takin it to a repair shop twice

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast