Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Guide: Flash Your Dead 5800/any BB5 phone using JAF tool

Hey guys, I've been trying to revive my phone for about the last 8 hours solid. I've got a RM-428 (Product Code 0581837) that I swapped over to Code 0574994. I ran the NSU to install 40.2.005 and with two minutes left, it came up with a "closing application now" window or something of the like, did just that, and then my phone started to restart. Except this time around, it got stuck on the white screen and would fade to black while showing a bunch of random bars. The phone would just do every time I tried to restart after removing the battery. I tried using Phoenix and it said it flashed fine, but it was still the same result. Tried JAF according to the guide posted here and once more, still the exact same result, even though it fed back as "successful."

I'm normally pretty good at this kind of stuff, but this time has me really thrown! I could really use some help because I don't have the money to buy a new phone right now and I'm really going to need this thing to work in the next couple of days. If anyone has some words of wisdom...I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1517
    Hey guys, I've been trying to revive my phone for about the last 8 hours solid. I've got a RM-428 (Product Code 0581837) that I swapped over to Code 0574994. I ran the NSU to install 40.2.005 and with two minutes left, it came up with a "closing application now" window or something of the like, did just that, and then my phone started to restart. Except this time around, it got stuck on the white screen and would fade to black while showing a bunch of random bars. The phone would just do every time I tried to restart after removing the battery. I tried using Phoenix and it said it flashed fine, but it was still the same result. Tried JAF according to the guide posted here and once more, still the exact same result, even though it fed back as "successful."

I'm normally pretty good at this kind of stuff, but this time has me really thrown! I could really use some help because I don't have the money to buy a new phone right now and I'm really going to need this thing to work in the next couple of days. If anyone has some words of wisdom...I'd be extremely grateful!
    try to flash it again with the product code 0574994 u want and follow the guide but click on change also product code under MCU & flash away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl3nch0z
    doe anybody know how to fix a restarting issue with the noki 5800 ? restarts by itself and has funny graphics before it does ? i have tried reinstalling firmware ?
    Did u by any chance downgraded ur phone?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yea i did try a downgrade because i couldnt flash it with an original current version

so i tried a downgrade so i could retry an upgrade

my software works it jus keeps on resseting

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bl3nch0z
    yea i did try a downgrade because i couldnt flash it with an original current version

so i tried a downgrade so i could retry an upgrade

my software works it jus keeps on resseting
    u might have damaged ur phone & probable have to get it serviced.
    just to confirm things, put ur phone on the charger and turn it on. let it cycle on and off by itself, if it reboots constantly and stops with a error let me know what it is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 5800XM_User
    try to flash it again with the product code 0574994 u want and follow the guide but click on change also product code under MCU & flash away.
    I have tried this as well, but it did not come up with any different result. Would getting firmware for a different product code and using that same technique you mentioned above help?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1517
    I have tried this as well, but it did not come up with any different result. Would getting firmware for a different product code and using that same technique you mentioned above help?
    u can try to flash it with ur original firmware.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 5800XM_User
    u can try to flash it with ur original firmware.
    Just tried this and it did not work. It went through the full procedure and then failed at the very end. Instead of showing strange bars when it turns on, it shows the Nokia logo (as usual), then fades into a solid white screen and sits there for about 30 seconds until fading to black and turning off.

Pooling phone...
    Product Code changed!
    MCUSW: V ICPR72_09w06.2
    03-03-09
    RM-428
    (c) Nokia
    APESW: V 21.2.025
    VariantSW: V 21.2.025
    Prodcode: 0581837
    Setting test mode...
    Failed! Aborting!
    Done!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hmmm... u never tried to downgrade right?
    is factory setting checked? if so try unchecking it so its blank.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My only "downgrade" attempt was when you told me to try going back to my original firmware, which was 21.2.025. I tried unchecking the factory setting and it made no difference. This time around, Manual Flash, Dead USB, Normal Mode, and Use INI were checked. The product code was change prior pretty much for certain, so I thought it wouldn't be necessary to check it. I want to do this with software because it's way cheaper, but if anyone thinks that getting one of those JAF boxes (I saw them for around $35 on ebay) would get me out of this jam, I'll do it. Thanks for sticking with me on this so far, 5800XM_User

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

my phone doesnt not get an error if i plug the chargre on while its off the phone will come on and boot by itself, it will reset itself but never has an error

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast