Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    KenSpain

Default Re: Nokia 5800 Firmware V11

Quote Originally Posted by SS2006
    also on my device updates, it says
    Software Version: v10.0
    then it says
    Custom Version 10.0.010blue01
    is that how it is on all phones
    also is there some code i can punch in that will give me my current information and product code etc..
    thanks alot brother
    Yes it is the same, only I have Custom Version 11.0.008 blue.01. If you had a network operator version there would be additional numbers (e.g. ...10.0.01.0021.02 Blue.01) Identifying the network operator. The only code is the one you used to get the information you posted (*#0000#). ALso, there is a readme in the firmware file with all of the versions it contains (Transceiver = Product Code), Click on it to install and before you hit continue it will open the readme.txt and you can look through it before installing to get the product code you want to use for the update. If you don't want to install at that moment just cancel after you read it and there will be no changes to your system. Another thing you can do is drop by a Nokia service centre and ask them to update it.

Peace be upon you

wrcboy

Hey guys,

I'm just curious... do you think it's worthy to change the FW with this phoenix thingy and void warranty with it? Or should I wait and have it updated at the local Nokia dealer?
    I've updated my 5300 with NSU and it went pretty well apart from losing the original language.

Cheers

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by wrcboy
    Hey guys,

I'm just curious... do you think it's worthy to change the FW with this phoenix thingy and void warranty with it? Or should I wait and have it updated at the local Nokia dealer?
    I've updated my 5300 with NSU and it went pretty well apart from losing the original language.

Cheers
    For me it depends on where you got your phone, mine was sim locked to a carrier so by unlocking it and updating (thereby changing the product code form the operator specific one) I have increased its resale value. Right now my phone is exactly as it would come at full price. BTW I have to use the operator cuz most of my clients (companies) do, so its cheaper for them to call me and has the best coverage or did 6 years ago when I first subscribed (I have contracts with three carriers). If you paid full price just take it to a Nokia service centre and they will probably update it for you. I don't remember if I posted it here or somewhere else but Nokia cannot update FW if its is a custom operator version without the permission of the operator and that comes way after everyone else (depends entirely on the operator). Also you shouldn't lose your language if you use the correct regional version. For ex. mine is the Hispania version of Euro1, so it has all of Euro1 plus Spanish regional languages which the Euro1 doesn't have.

wrcboy

Quote Originally Posted by KenSpain
    For me it depends on where you got your phone, mine was sim locked to a carrier so by unlocking it and updating (thereby changing the product code form the operator specific one) I have increased its resale value. Right now my phone is exactly as it would come at full price. BTW I have to use the operator cuz most of my clients (companies) do, so its cheaper for them to call me and has the best coverage or did 6 years ago when I first subscribed (I have contracts with three carriers). If you paid full price just take it to a Nokia service centre and they will probably update it for you. I don't remember if I posted it here or somewhere else but Nokia cannot update FW if its is a custom operator version without the permission of the operator and that comes way after everyone else (depends entirely on the operator). Also you shouldn't lose your language if you use the correct regional version. For ex. mine is the Hispania version of Euro1, so it has all of Euro1 plus Spanish regional languages which the Euro1 doesn't have.
    yes, I've read something you've written about the carrier and the limitations by them. mine was factory unlocked, bought in hungary, with made in hungary sticker on the box. I suppose I'd better take it to Nokia, and that way I can be sure that I don't mess everything up like I did before and more importantly, keep the warranty

thanks for your answer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi, anybody know the selection for Singapore ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Dude the download size is huge for a FW,the update via NSU will be that big?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank god it all went good! I'm happy
    I was also able to change my stupid product code to EURO 1
    Ken Spain: with euro1, will the through phone udpater work now?
    Like people who had the euro1 product code, were they able to go from version 10 to 11 through the in phone updater. Because thats the product code we should be aiming for, so in the future we don't have to use phenoix again, so is Euro1 the one? Thanks

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaleb
    Dude the download size is huge for a FW,the update via NSU will be that big?
    HAHA no, the file contains all of the versions for the entire region

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by SS2006
    Thank god it all went good! I'm happy
    I was also able to change my stupid product code to EURO 1
    Ken Spain: with euro1, will the through phone udpater work now?
    Like people who had the euro1 product code, were they able to go from version 10 to 11 through the in phone updater. Because thats the product code we should be aiming for, so in the future we don't have to use phenoix again, so is Euro1 the one? Thanks
    Supposedly with the next update, we now have product codes that were included in the first batch of updates. If I were more adventurous I would flash version 10 Euro1 and try over the air, maybe if I get bored, jeje

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by maxyeo
    Hi, anybody know the selection for Singapore ??
    I don't see a specific Singapore version in the APAC bundle. There is 0570196: APAC1 RED MALAYSIA and 0570197: APAC1 BLUE MALAYSIA, seeing as its right across the causeway (I've had some great times at Raffles) maybe it is included in 0559950: APAC1 BLUE / 0559476: APAC1 RED. Hope this helps

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast