PHP Warning: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in ..../dbtech/dbseo/includes/autoloader.php on line 38
Official firmware v11 for 5800 thread - Page 5
Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    KenSpain

Default Re: Nokia 5800 Firmware V11

I couldn't get NSS to work either (never recognised the phone). There is an update; that is what this thread is about. Update with Phoenix, just chose your product code based on desired region (you're able to browse the list when choosing which version to apply). Of course this invalidates the warranty, but I did it anyway. I used the PhoenixSlayer version on a clean version of XP after a fruitless two days attempting to do it on Vista. NSS didn't work for me on XP either.

KenSpain

As far as screen savers, now that you mention it I don't see anyway to apply one. It used to be power saver - animations I think, but nothing like that exists in V5. The screen saver would have to be an app that would disable the power saving function (lights out), the most we can do now is 60 seconds. With the battery problems I would be hesitant to do that though

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

did anyone get the Nokia Software Updater to run the update for their 5800 already?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Tried it yesterday after updating the NSU itself: Phone not supported!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

just wanna ask for a link where to download Pheonix Flashing software
    thanks!

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaleb
    Tried it yesterday after updating the NSU itself: Phone not supported!
    DITTO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Do I have to update firmware/software for my 5800?

generally it is a really good idea to update your firmware for various reasons, stability, additional components added, bugs fixed, removed etc. especially in early stages of firmware developments it is wise to update. now if you are a power user and want the ability to hack your phone and do some freedom fighting stuff with it then you would have to wieght the pros and cons of every firmware upgrade. if you are just a general user of the phone then i would always recommend that you update with the latest firmware.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

be patient it will happen soon, just keep on checking it. hopefully any day now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

can you pleae kindly post a tutorial how u updated firmware using phenoix
    ive given up on waiting for the nokia through phone release

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by SS2006
    can you pleae kindly post a tutorial how u updated firmware using phenoix
    ive given up on waiting for the nokia through phone release
    Download Phoenix here: http://rs255.rapidshare.com/files/17..._2008_41_4.exe

Download update here: http://rs23.rapidshare.com/files/176..._v2.0_5800.exe

Use XP only, I spent two days trying on Vista without success.

Fully charge your phone. Do a backup. Uninstall all Nokia apps (better if they were never installed) Reboot. Install update (it just copies everything to the hard drive. Install Phoenix, accept everything when it starts to warn you. I think at this point I rebooted again. Plug in your phone via usb, XP will begin to recognise Nokia Tube and a whole bunch of stuff. Wait until everything has been installed, it takes a while. Launch Phoenix, Click on the pull down menus that says no connection and choose USB. Click on "Product" and choose "Phone Information" This should give all the information on the connected phone and will tell you if it has been recognised. I had no problem with this step on a clean copy of XP (Nokia never installed). Now click on "File" and then "Open Product" scroll down to RM-356 Nokia Tube. Select and click OK. Now go to "Flashing" and click on "Firmware update" This opens a window and where you will select the version of the FW you want. Click on [...] to open a new window with all of the available versions (all of EMEA). Choose the one you want for your region they are pretty obvious. Euro1 has the main European languages, all have English. There are Red and Blue versions of each. Now click "REFURBISH" and wait while Phoenix installs the FW and the phone will reboot (does not take long), after which you will have to choose country, date time etc. No problem doing it with sim and memory card installed. Once it reboots and XP has again recognised Nokia Tube, have Phoenix "Read" the phone again just for the fun of it. You should see the new version and corresponding product code. You can disconnect it at any time at this point. It will automatically choose the default language for the region you have chosen (Mine went to Spanish which I then changed to English), you can change it to those available for the product code in Settings the usual way. There are much more complete and complex instructions on the web, but this is the way it went for me.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast