Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    jingle bell

Default Re: Nokia 5800 Firmware V11

hi,i updated my express to firmware 11,man its like driving a Porsche,fast,quick reaction whenever you touch the screen.This express is absolutely better than samsung omnia(i owned for a month and sold it)express is value for money

imie

model 5800d, all have been patched with the latest firmware from the factory. i bought mine oso have been v11.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

PC Suite works, I am using it myself!

Pretty upset Nokia have yet to release a fix for the bugs in this phone, though most are not that problematic for me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: New firmware coming out to the Nokia 5800 - v11.0.08

ny idea when its gona get released for all the rm's?

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaleb
    For the people who already installed V11,did this update correct:
    -clock doesn't appear when the phone is on standby(black screen)
    -Missed calls and SMS notifications don't appear when the phone is on standby(black screen,need to unlock keypad) nor when surfing in the menu(need to return to the homescreen to see the sms or missed call)
    -Battery last 24h only while not abusing from wifi,calls and GSM only
    -Choice of single tap or double tap for the menus
    Clock does not appear on standby.
    SMS sound when in other menus or on standby, but you have to go to main screen to see the new message bar at the bottom. calls bring it out of standby but if you don't answer to goes back to whatever screen you were on and again you have to navigate to the home screen.
    One tap to open icons in grid format (e.g. applications, menu...), if the screen is in list format (e.g. settings), one to select (bar across entire screen) another to open. No way I can see the change that.

From what I can see the update did not address any of your questions. Actually I appreciate the SMS not interferring with whatever I am doing. I can wait to see it. Missed calls are shown with a little return arrow thingy icon on the top bar next to bluetooth ect. Kind of hard to notice given that testing to answer your questions was the first time I saw it. I haven't recived any SMS since I started wrting this so I don't know if that arrow things will also show SMS. Now I'll be on the look out, thanks, haha. The thing is that these are not bugs, just design problems so I don't think they will be in any hurry to change it. As for the clock thing, I am sure someone will release a workaround (screen saver)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KenSpain
    If the phone was bought from an operator at a discount the product code is unique to that operator and cannot be updated by Nokia without the permission of the operator. These updates require customisations and come much later than the "vanilla" software.

"When Nokia releases a handset, it has its original unbranded software on it. Sometimes this is refered to as EURO1 APAC1 or EUROA, there are many variants of this "vanilla" software for different regions, and multiple versions in the regions for different languages, such as EUROB APAC2 and EURO2 etc. Each variant gets a different product code that distinguishes the software in the handset.
    Interesting !
    Question : How come then that if you go to Nokia's site there's no mention on the v11 firmware for the 5800 anywhere ?

http://europe.nokia.com/A4579163
    http://europe.nokia.com/A4577225

It's like the 5800 doesn't even exist yet

KenSpain

Quote Originally Posted by dtracks
    It's like the 5800 doesn't even exist yet
    I agree. I even put the product code that I updated to (0559363, obviously included in the V.11 update) into the Nokia website to check for updates and it says that there are none. I wonder where the update file came from. It may be something still under development. Whatever, it works for me, I hope it is under development cuz it still needs some improvements to be a true Iphone killer (although it killed any desire I had to have an Iphone)

http://europe.nokia.com/A4577224

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: New firmware coming out to the Nokia 5800 - v11.0.08

nope. haven't read anything about it yet!
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Of course we are in the first steps of the 5800,the very first FWs are always slow and don't use the full potential of the phone,I think V12 or perhaps V14 will bring more speed(specially when using themes effects),more battery,faster GPS...
    The N95 got 30% more speed and 25% more battery thanks to FW releases but after several months.
    The 5800 is not buggy it just need to be faster in the touch operation,let's say 30% faster,battery could last more too!
    About the screensaver...I didn't found a way to use a screensaver is it me or it's missing in V5?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi, how do you change product code for this unit?
    actually i bought mine in hong kong.
    the problem is that there is no current update for the 5800. im still using V10.

i use NSS to change product code on my E51, but wont work on this unit.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast