Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Need help in changing product code and updating firmware for Nokia 5800 XM

Thanks a Ton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Change Product Code on Nokia 5800

this worked! wouldn't update OTA(i triple checked server parameters), but NSU worked fine. Thank you!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi all
    Thank you for the tutorial and explanations, it's working great, although some people can't get JAF to work on their computers, but mine works perfectly and it's fairly simple too.
    I have a North America version of Nokia 5530 XM, I changed the product code to HK area so it can decode Chinese character.
    I've seen quite a lot of people asking why they don't see any change after changing the product code.
    well, after changing the product code, you won't notice any change on your cellphone.
    You need to upgrade the firmware (or reinstall the firmware if you already have to newest version) via NSU.
    Once installation is done and after your phone reboot, you will notice the change.
    For my case, I get the Chinese language pack I wanted.
    This thread is very helpful, although reading through 30 pages take some time, but all you need is patience and keep reading ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ynn447
    Hi all
    Thank you for the tutorial and explanations, it's working great, although some people can't get JAF to work on their computers, but mine works perfectly and it's fairly simple too.
    I have a North America version of Nokia 5530 XM, I changed the product code to HK area so it can decode Chinese character.
    I've seen quite a lot of people asking why they don't see any change after changing the product code.
    well, after changing the product code, you won't notice any change on your cellphone.
    You need to upgrade the firmware (or reinstall the firmware if you already have to newest version) via NSU.
    Once installation is done and after your phone reboot, you will notice the change.
    For my case, I get the Chinese language pack I wanted.
    This thread is very helpful, although reading through 30 pages take some time, but all you need is patience and keep reading ...
    i did the same thing, but Latest available software for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0575407 (HK) is still Version: 21.0.101

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by myliew
    i did the same thing, but Latest available software for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0575407 (HK) is still Version: 21.0.101
    Your FW is a customized HK version. If you want to update to V31, you will need to change that product code into something that is already in V31.
    Look for example at this list: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...html#msg101862

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia 5800 Product Code Change, Help NEEDED :(

Well this is my 1st message and post ever on this forum, but i have been looking around here since i bought my tube on the 01.10.2009, so here goes the questions :P
    I live in Serbia, my provider is Telenor (and this sucks...the latest firmware for me is still 21.025 which i have...cant update not even to 30...not to mention 31...)
    Phone: Nokia 5800 Black Eddition, RM-356, product code 0577229, the phone was made in hungary if that means anything :P
    Now the main question is if i change the product code(i know i lose my varinty then, and i know i can change it back) but when i change it back, is there anyway to know that my product code was changed(except the firmware version it self) so i would i can change the code back if i screew up my phone or something :P
    And the second question is how safe is this to do? Via NSS? Can any of you confirm that it is a succsses?
    And if all of the answers to the questions above satisfy me :P to what product code is it best to change? Do i need to find a product code that fits my country? Or can i just choose any product code i find... and if i do use a product code from a other country will it effect my calls or messages in anyway, or will it effect the phone it self?
    I know some of these questions sound veeeeeeery stupid, if not all of them :P But i would love to hear from you guys and gals about your expirience with product code changing via NSS
    Thank you all in advance Mods feel free to delete the post if i violated some rules or if this topic already exists(if it does please PM me the link cause i wasnt able to find it) Thanks

-----------------------------------------------
    Search before posting. Topic merged. // Usta

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@Rockeer,
    Read through this thread and you will see a lot of useful info.
    I'll try to answer you in short: Nokia Care can see that you have changed the code.
    It is safe to change the code via NSS. No problem there.
    Use a product code that is already in V31 FW. Take care that the language you want is linked to that code.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@usta
    ty m8 but i use english so i gues i can use product code, ok il look true cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Need help in changing product code and updating firmware for Nokia 5800 XM

Hi,

Sorry I have been reading alot but am still confused and dont wanna mess it up.

I have a 0578087. Could you please tell me to which I should change to update and then how to get the swedish language best.

Which one is the simplest walkthrough for stupids?

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi!
    I have some question about upgrading my n5800 RM-356. I have read both methods JAF/NSS. I didnt try it yet, because I want to know how do the backups work on new FW. Some say that the backup on older FW is useless on new, and they crash your phone. The only thing you can sync are contacts and calendar. Therefore, since the backup was linked to previous product code.
    Next I was wondering if it is necessary to change back to the primary product code, after modifying and upgrading. Or can remain the same?
    And last. Once you have changed the product code, you no longer need it to change, when the new FW is available?
    Sorry if my questions was allready answered...

oooh... what about reseting a phone after upgrading? Some people say, that after reset appears alarm bug?

Sorry for so many questions and for my bad english

Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast