Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Change Product Code on Nokia 5800

OK I searched through the thread but couldn't find anyone with the same issue I have.

I downloaded the PKEY 3, 4 and 5. From multiple sources.
    Every time I extract the files (to desktop or anywhere else), I get no error message, but the OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v 5.exe file doesn't appear (or whatever version I downloaded)

Tried rebooting the PC, of course, but no luck. Does the file have a specific parameter/bit that would hide it from a regular explorer view?

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by LilYoda
    OK I searched through the thread but couldn't find anyone with the same issue I have.

I downloaded the PKEY 3, 4 and 5. From multiple sources.
    Every time I extract the files (to desktop or anywhere else), I get no error message, but the OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v 5.exe file doesn't appear (or whatever version I downloaded)

Tried rebooting the PC, of course, but no luck. Does the file have a specific parameter/bit that would hide it from a regular explorer view?
    Disable your antivirus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasua
    Disable your antivirus.
    Argh! Can't. This is my only windows machine, and I can't stop the A/V...
    Can someone upload the .EXE somewhere directly? Maybe I could download the .EXE directly

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by LilYoda
    Argh! Can't. This is my only windows machine, and I can't stop the A/V...
    Can someone upload the .EXE somewhere directly? Maybe I could download the .EXE directly
    PM me your email address.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok so I just got a 5800 for a great price here in the USA. The firmware is V 20.2.014 RM-428. Code 577454.

I love the phone but I really need Chinese on it. I heard that USA versions are NAM versions or something. I use a SIM card with T-Mobile. Does that mean I can't flash it with a HK or Taiwan product code? Thanks

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by slease
    Ok so I just got a 5800 for a great price here in the USA. The firmware is V 20.2.014 RM-428. Code 577454.

I love the phone but I really need Chinese on it. I heard that USA versions are NAM versions or something. I use a SIM card with T-Mobile. Does that mean I can't flash it with a HK or Taiwan product code? Thanks
    Read this http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/ind...ic,4035.0.html

JWaller360

Just want to say thanks for downloads and instructions, just updated my Orange UK v11 to v20 software, amazing difference, Thanks!!

Airborne

Hi. I only have the latest Nokia Ovi Suite installed and no PC Suite. Is that ok, or should I also install the PC Suite in order to change the product code and update my 5800 to V2. I have Slovenian (Slovenia not Slovakia) Vodafone branded (SIMOBIL) product code phone that has no available software updates. Which product code contains Slovenian language and enables installation of V2... firmware trough NSU? I was thinking the BALKANS Red product code is ok for me? Please give me a confirmation. Thank's in advance!

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne
    Hi. I only have the latest Nokia Ovi Suite installed and no PC Suite. Is that ok, or should I also install the PC Suite in order to change the product code and update my 5800 to V2. I have Slovenian (Slovenia not Slovakia) Vodafone branded (SIMOBIL) product code phone that has no available software updates. Which product code contains Slovenian language and enables installation of V2... firmware trough NSU? I was thinking the BALKANS Red product code is ok for me? Please give me a confirmation. Thank's in advance!
    1. No, you don't need pc suite when you got ovi suite.
    2. Balkans red 0559299 there is only v20.0.012 firmware for now.
    Balkans - English, German, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian, Greek

Airborne

Thank's Nasua, I am getting close to changing the code, although I am a bit afraid of loosing the warranty .
    Good Day

Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast