Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: |Nokia 5233/5232/5228| |Revenge^6| |Custom Firmware|

Quote Originally Posted by Sbdevilmind
    Hello, creator of revenge^6. First, i would like to thank you for this superb cfw. Heard about your recent bad times, am really sorry. Hope you get well soon.
    Anyways, i wanted to put forth a request. Since you might be planning to make a revenge^7, based on the latest firmware, once you get well, i want you to solve the FLASH bug in your firmware. I am not talking of the flash support in default web browser being faulty due to flash live homescreen feature. I am talking of the problem in which one can not open flash related files like .swf or .nfl etc in the phone. If not for this problem, your firmware would have been perfect. Btw, i am using '8hs speed type 2 cpu mod'. Also, please find a way to make the phone's gallery to scan only particular folder on the memory card (for eg, images folder). Hope you keep my request. Its not just coming from me. Many advanced users, like me, are having trouble with this bug. With best regards, sujan baruah (sbdevilmind).
    my my my this guy wrote all this stuff ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hello, creator of revenge^6. First, i would like to thank you for this superb cfw. Heard about your recent bad times, am really sorry. Hope you get well soon.
    Anyways, i wanted to put forth a request. Since you might be planning to make a revenge^7, based on the latest firmware, once you get well, i want you to solve the FLASH bug in your firmware. I am not talking of the flash support in default web browser being faulty due to flash live homescreen feature. I am talking of the problem in which one can not open flash related files like .swf or .nfl etc in the phone. If not for this problem, your firmware would have been perfect. Btw, i am using '8hs speed type 2 cpu mod'. Also, please find a way to make the phone's gallery to scan only particular folder on the memory card (for eg, images folder). Hope you keep my request. Its not just coming from me. Many advanced users, like me, are having trouble with this bug. With best regards, sujan baruah (sbdevilmind).
    About the gallery thing, sorry bro but symbian files don't allow selectively searching some folders. The option is that you can selectively remove some folders from being scanned. Like if you (The CFW creator) removes E:\wallpapers\ from being scanned, the gallery will scan every other folder but it won't look inside E:\wallpapers\. That's how symbian works. (I know, stupid symbian)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anshmiester78900
    my my my this guy wrote all this stuff ?
    LOL!

Ppl type alot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yep, i have got flash lite installed. Hey, isn't it supposed to be preinstalled in the firmware. I even tried installing separately but an error popped up saying 'component is inbuilt'. Besides, many of my friends faced this issue. And please don't give comments like 'reset your phone' or 'you made some mistake during flashing' etc, cause i tried every possible way of getting it to work, but since nothing seemed to work, i had no choice but to contact the one who made it. Where is he, by the way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks, ishandigipunk, for clarifying. Just as you are using katalyst cfw which has the feature of not scanning the wallpapers folder, so it would be a safe bet to assume that symbian's ability to skip scanning of certain folder is restrained to the automatically created folders, right?
    So, is it not possible to make a rom patch which has the ability to make selective folder scanning restrictions? Or a guide to do such kind of modding, will also do.
    Btw, how is your opinion on katalyst cfw. Is it better than revenge^6, in terms of transition effects and speed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yep, i have got flash lite installed. Hey, isn't it supposed to be preinstalled in the firmware. I even tried installing separately but an error popped up saying 'component is inbuilt'. Besides, many of my friends faced this issue. And please don't give comments like 'reset your phone' or 'you made some mistake during flashing' etc, cause i tried every possible way of getting it to work, but since nothing seemed to work, i had no choice but to contact the one who made it. Where is he, by the way.
    It MIGHT be possible that the installer you're using for flashlite has other components built in it. Try extracting it's files & see.

Thanks, ishandigipunk, for clarifying. Just as you are using katalyst cfw which has the feature of not scanning the wallpapers folder, so it would be a safe bet to assume that symbian's ability to skip scanning of certain folder is restrained to the automatically created folders, right?
    So, is it not possible to make a rom patch which has the ability to make selective folder scanning restrictions? Or a guide to do such kind of modding, will also do.
    Btw, how is your opinion on katalyst cfw. Is it better than revenge^6, in terms of transition effects and speed.
    It's not restrained to only those folders which are automatically created by the FW mate.

N about Katalyst vs Revenge, well i'd rather not compare.
    First off, iwalkwithshadow is a more experienced modder then me n moreover, has a lot more knowledge than me.
    Secondly, comparing like this isn't in the spirit of the forum.

So try it yourself, if you like it, keep it. No problem with it.
    But don't compare CFWs like that.

Hope you don't mind. I'm not being rude.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yup cfw's shouldn't be compared it takes a lot of hard wrk for a cfw creator to make a cfw

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thats a good spirit between you modders. I too should learn making some cfw of my own. But s60v5 modding has become the same everywhere, no offence, but i am talking of trying to get some of the n8 rom files to work with s60v5 hardware. N8 transitions seem normal compared to transition effects of modded symbian^1 firmwares. After seeing carousel effects in spb and album flow in imelo, its obvious that symbian^1 doesn't have any hardware restrictions to perform the effects implemented in n8. If only nokia actually put the graphics accelerator to good use in the UI like those of android, one would have seen the vast difference between symbian^1 and ^3. But the amount of knowledge actually required to change the codes and integrate the firmware with the hardware components is completly out of my reach, as well as everyone here. No offence here too, but no one can seriously believe to be able to make such things without full knowledge of software development. No one here is a developer, all we are doing is changing certain files from the rom and replacing them. Correct me if i am wrong. Although i have to admit that this is certainly not easy and what you guys are doing by giving us such wonderful mods for free is definately respectable. I am just putting forth some possibilities, hope no one is offended. Btw, i am a complete newbie. I have used symbian^1 for only about 2 months. Before that, all i did was to try putting videos as menu backgrounds in s40v5. Although many icons disappeared, lol.
    And i am sorry for asking a comparison between the firmwares. Hope i am excused.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ishandigipunk
    N about Katalyst vs Revenge, well i'd rather not compare.
    First off, iwalkwithshadow is a more experienced modder then me n moreover, has a lot more knowledge than me.
    Secondly, comparing like this isn't in the spirit of the forum.

So try it yourself, if you like it, keep it. No problem with it.
    But don't compare CFWs like that.

Hope you don't mind. I'm not being rude.
    +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thats a good spirit between you modders. I too should learn making some cfw of my own. But s60v5 modding has become the same everywhere, no offence, but i am talking of trying to get some of the n8 rom files to work with s60v5 hardware. N8 transitions seem normal compared to transition effects of modded symbian^1 firmwares. After seeing carousel effects in spb and album flow in imelo, its obvious that symbian^1 doesn't have any hardware restrictions to perform the effects implemented in n8. If only nokia actually put the graphics accelerator to good use in the UI like those of android, one would have seen the vast difference between symbian^1 and ^3. But the amount of knowledge actually required to change the codes and integrate the firmware with the hardware components is completly out of my reach, as well as everyone here. No offence here too, but no one can seriously believe to be able to make such things without full knowledge of software development. No one here is a developer, all we are doing is changing certain files from the rom and replacing them. Correct me if i am wrong. Although i have to admit that this is certainly not easy and what you guys are doing by giving us such wonderful mods for free is definately respectable. I am just putting forth some possibilities, hope no one is offended. Btw, i am a complete newbie. I have used symbian^1 for only about 2 months. Before that, all i did was to try putting videos as menu backgrounds in s40v5. Although many icons disappeared, lol.
    And i am sorry for asking a comparison between the firmwares. Hope i am excused.
    Dont Ur Fingers Pain To Type So Much??
    LOL!
    But Even Though Most Mods R same If U Put Sum Efforts It Will Be Different.

Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast