Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1295
  1. #1111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,321
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    My request to the greatest fw porter shadowninty : Please teach me how to port any cfw to RM-593. I really have no idea why we cant port any cfw to RM 593 as we can do for any other RM s.

  2. #1112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    235
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Quote Originally Posted by 008Rohit
    My request to the greatest fw porter shadowninty : Please teach me how to port any cfw to RM-593. I really have no idea why we cant port any cfw to RM 593 as we can do for any other RM s.
    He hasn't really ported to RM-593 yet lol. Most likely because he doesnt have an rm593 phone..

    It was mostly luck that I even got Variant2 to work.. Reports that Swift doesn't work at all(doesn't even boot up from what I hear). Not sure about the other variants, or why Var2 works but swift doesnt..

    Hopefully he can figure out why 593 is so different, and how to port cfw properly to 593.. I'm willing to be a guinea pig tester if either of you need one bswann may too

  3. #1113
    shadowninty
    Guest

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Quote Originally Posted by snowballsn
    He hasn't really ported to RM-593 yet lol. Most likely because he doesnt have an rm593 phone..

    It was mostly luck that I even got Variant2 to work.. Reports that Swift doesn't work at all(doesn't even boot up from what I hear). Not sure about the other variants, or why Var2 works but swift doesnt..

    Hopefully he can figure out why 593 is so different, and how to port cfw properly to 593.. I'm willing to be a guinea pig tester if either of you need one bswann may too
    The only way this could be caused is because of differing ROFS structures... :L

  4. #1114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    235
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    The only way this could be caused is because of differing ROFS structures... :L
    Yeah, rohit found out the be9 structure is different on 593. He's gunna try to get it working for 593, but not sure how likely it'll be.

  5. #1115
    shadowninty
    Guest

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Quote Originally Posted by snowballsn
    Yeah, rohit found out the be9 structure is different on 593. He's gunna try to get it working for 593, but not sure how likely it'll be.
    hmmm...
    I wonder could it be some files register as 0b
    Like what happend with Nokia Editor...

  6. #1116
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Looked at many posts on this and various other forums. Goal, adding a russian language pack to the Nuron (RM-597). It is only available in some of the European FW with RM-588 - but direct flash kills the body. Attempted to extract language from one of FW (v12) and added back to RM-597 - flashed ok and allows to select in menu, but goes into constant reboot after startup (something wrong?). Want to try XTEnsion (read the FAQ, Israeli language pack has the Russian in it). Any way you can tell me where and how to get that language pack? Will it work to add to American/English language and reflash - still keeping same RM-597? Turning to you as experts. Thanks to anyone who can provide any input!

  7. #1117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    235
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Quote Originally Posted by coolmen777
    Looked at many posts on this and various other forums. Goal, adding a russian language pack to the Nuron (RM-597). It is only available in some of the European FW with RM-588 - but direct flash kills the body. Attempted to extract language from one of FW (v12) and added back to RM-597 - flashed ok and allows to select in menu, but goes into constant reboot after startup (something wrong?). Want to try XTEnsion (read the FAQ, Israeli language pack has the Russian in it). Any way you can tell me where and how to get that language pack? Will it work to add to American/English language and reflash - still keeping same RM-597? Turning to you as experts. Thanks to anyone who can provide any input!
    There may be additional things you need to do to get Cyrillic working, though I am not 100% sure if that is even an issue here. I'll let the masters at CFW look into it. Main reason for my reply: Coolmen777 meant RM-593. Sent me a PM previously about it, and just wanted to let you guys(that may help him) know which it is. RM593(only one referred to as nuron) 12.2.082 tmo fw.

  8. #1118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,321
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Quote Originally Posted by snowballsn
    Yeah, rohit found out the be9 structure is different on 593. He's gunna try to get it working for 593, but not sure how likely it'll be.
    ROFS Structure is different from BE9 structure.
    Maybe T-Mobile has edited the firmware. :P

  9. #1119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    235
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    Quote Originally Posted by 008Rohit
    Maybe T-Mobile has edited the firmware. :P
    Maybe? I'm sure they did. They cripple all of their non-smartphones, and remove some of the useful features(like 3G lock) in the 5230 for whatever reason. Basically I tell people if they get a tmo phone, either get one from the manufacturer itself or get one that can be flashed.. Too many times have I gotten a phone from tmobile that has tons of features, only to find that tmobile removed most of them..

  10. #1120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,180
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: XTEnsion 5230 & 5233 | XTEnsion^10 & XTEnsion^9 | Universal - For All 523x RM's

    That's probably why you can get two for free with contract


 
Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia 5800 - RM-356 V52 - C6v20 Xtension Legacy 1.0
    By Upakul in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 8535
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM
  2. Nokia 5530 - v30 - Xtension^10 english only and Xtension^10 Universal available
    By MR-X in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 1329
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM
  3. Nokia 5800,5530,523x,X6 - All RM's - C6 v40 - Nokia Photon C6-02 | Released!
    By 008Rohit in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 11944
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 10:39 AM
  4. how to install CFW on the 5530 (Xtension)
    By badfps in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 03:28 PM
  5. Problem installing Xtension^1 - HELP PLS!!
    By Orton in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 09:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •