Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 37 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5530 4 LIFE XTEnded Edition CFW for 5530 [TESTING~VERSION WITH OMNIA HS & QT4.7]

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Oh and BTW anyone want to test my new menu mod.
    Its the same as the older one but half the size
    OK, was just about to flash, so let's have it! PM me.

shadowninty

Default Re: 5530 4 LIFE XTEnded Edition CFW for 5530 [TESTING~VERSION WITH OMNIA HS & QT4.7]

Quote Originally Posted by mmmelaney
    OK, was just about to flash, so let's have it! PM me.
    You can just put it in C:
    Need to test it before putting it in public CFW
    Made it yesterday while waiting for taxi
    Took an hour and a half to make.

Here it is
    It goes in C:\private\101f4cd2\content\

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hello friend, i have asked you for tamil language support pack, or the method to add it. Plz help me to find it out

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by srasatheesh
    hello friend, i have asked you for tamil language support pack, or the method to add it. Plz help me to find it out
    Sorry I'm busy

First download a tamil rofs2 for your phone from Navifirm

shadowninty

For those who want C2Z patch

I present:
    C2Z Maker!

Remember to hit Green Arrow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    You can just put it in C:
    Need to test it before putting it in public CFW
    Made it yesterday while waiting for taxi
    Took an hour and a half to make.

Here it is
    It goes in C:\private\101f4cd2\content\
    OK, I flashed my phone and messed around with the new menu. Very Very nice. You get a double +1 for this because I'm kind of an organization freak and the default Nokia Menus were driving me nutty. You also taught me how to save my own custom menus across cfw flashes. I love you for that.

For others: After getting your menus just how you want them save C:\private\101f4cd2\content\appshelldata.xml to your memory card. Then put it back after your flash; restart the phone. HOWEVER, shadows menu config has some special stuff in it that enables you to move those stubborn icons that won't move in other firmware. So use this one first before setting up your menus.

I have attached screen shots of my results once I finished messing around with it, as well as my version of the config file in case you need it, shadow. Thank you, Thank you!

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by mmmelaney
    OK, I flashed my phone and messed around with the new menu. Very Very nice. You get a double +1 for this because I'm kind of an organization freak and the default Nokia Menus were driving me nutty. You also taught me how to save my own custom menus across cfw flashes. I love you for that.

For others: After getting your menus just how you want them save C:\private\101f4cd2\content\appshelldata.xml to your memory card. Then put it back after your flash; restart the phone. HOWEVER, shadows menu config has some special stuff in it that enables you to move those stubborn icons that won't move in other firmware. So use this one first before setting up your menus.

I have attached screen shots of my results once I finished messing around with it, as well as my version of the config file in case you need it, shadow. Thank you, Thank you!
    Thanks.
    Looks great your version does.
    I left default icons as well in folders change theme and see!

I meant to do a whole new version as I've been using my trusty old menu mod for two years! (first on my 6120c) and it needed a change as there was loads of apps in it that people don't use anymore (especially python apps )

Any report any bugs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

On a side note: My phone was acting strange and a little slow again after this firmware flash, and applying the menu mod. But I don't think it could be the mod. My problems: The menus and programs were a little laggy, and Ram Blow would crash every time I opened it.

Last time I had this problem it was with Xtension^5. I reflashed and it was gone.

Things in common with the last time it acted like this:
    *I installed ActiveFile, and VibrateCall and, CpuMon, and RamBlow. Maybe Ramblow is conflicting with one of these? (All other apps worked fine with Ramblow on another CFW flash.)
    *Last time, I applied my own settings from backup, which changed the menus (overwriting that appshelldata.xml file.) This time I didn't restore all of my settings, only this file.

I tried it out with all Home Screens and several themes, both bloated and simple. Same result; the menus seemed sluggish and the touch seemed kind of numb. RamBlow was not running in the back ground most of the time.

It seems like a long shot to conclude that this file is creating these problems but I wanted to let you know about the problem since I am testing this mod for you. I will uninstall these apps, and re-flash to see what else I can come up with.

shadowninty

You did restart after using right.
    This CFW is based on X^5 and I think the way Upa has changed the way RAM and C caches store files in this version is not good for some apps such as Ramblow while being benificial for other apos such as SPB Shell, Opera Mobile, Java Apps from what I have seen from ising his CFWs and my XTEnded ones

shadowninty

Oh and I will have a look at my Menu Mod for any Dirty Code which my old one was full of.

Oh and try restoring settings.

Also VibraCall seems to put some strain on processor from what I've seen with SpeedyGo! despute low RAM load

EDIT: I'm wondering if I should hide SPB Shell as well?

Page 37 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast