Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 15 of 262 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    shadowninty

Default Introduction and How-To

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    Introduction

Hi everyone. This is the Quicken Custom Firmware Page. Here, you will find a highly modified Custom Firmware for your Nokia 5800. I built this firmware for the community to use. It contains a multitude of modifications designed to make your experience better when using the Nokia 5800. It is designed for optimum perfirmance and usability. I personally saw to it that each and every single modification was working in the best manner possible.

I would like to thank first and foremost, PNHT, without whom, the firmware modding scene will not come to life. I would also like to thank my friends in forum.dailymobile.net. Of course, I'd also like to say thanks to everyone following me at the Hack Symbian blog.

How to Use

First off, you would need to use the tools necessary to flash Quicken. You would also need to learn how to use these tools. Remember that reading this section entirely before asking questions can save you a lot of trouble. So I suggest you take 15 minutes of your time for hassle free usage. If you already have the applications mentioned here or you already know how to flash, you may skip this. This is a step by step guide so don't be scared. Read on.

Backup

This is first and foremost. You need to backup your data before attempting to do anything. This tutorial will clear your entire phone of it's contacts, messages and a lot of other information stored in your mobile phone. You need to do this unless you don't care of the data in your phone. There are several ways of achieving this. I will describe here the easiest way to backup, Using Nokia OVI Suite.

OVI Suite - Homepage

There are other ways to backup and I'll outline them in the future. For the meantime, this is the easiest way to do it, so it will do.

Clean Your Memory Card

There are some settings files and other data on your microSD card, clearing them out will eliminate bugs and ensure error-free usage.

• Connect your microSD card to your Personal Computer/Notebook. You can do this either by connecting through the USB cable provided with your handset and selecting "Mass Storage" as the connection mode while the microSD card is inside your phone or by through connecting a card reader and placing your microSD card in the card reader.
    • Delete the following Folders from your Memory Card.
    • Private - Settings Files for Symbian and Other Applications.
    • Resource - Resource files for Applications like menus and help files.
    • Sys - Application Executables
    • System - Other unnecessary files.
    • If you have used the phone's "Mass Storage" mode, take out the microSD card from the phone and place it somewhere safe. - More Information

Download and Install JAF

JAF, short for Just Another Flasher, is the utility we're going to be using to flash our Nokia 5800. It's pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it. But until then, I would suggest you follow this guide to the letter. This will reduce the chances of having errors or problems.

• Download JAF 1.98.62 and JAF_OGM_PKEY_EMULATOR 5. - Download Link
    • Run the installer. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, run it as an Administrator. - More Information
    • You will be prompted to install "Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers". Choose "No".
    • If you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will be asked to install unsigned drivers. Choose "Yes" for all the drivers.
    • If you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will get a couple of error messages. That's normal. Continue with the Installation.

Set Compatibility Settings

If you are on Windows Vista or Windows Seven, you will need to set certain compatibility settings for JAF to work perfectly.

• Navigate to the folder where you had extracted JAF and set the compatibility settings for "JAF_OGM_PKEY_EMULATOR".
    • If you are on Windows Vista, set it to "Run as Administrator" - More Information
    • If you are on Windows 7, set it to Compatibility Mode, Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - More Information

Download Flashing Files

• First, you need to determine if your Phone is an RM-356 or RM-428 Phone. You can easily do this by typing *#0000# in the dialer. This will show some information about your phone, including the "RM-XXX" Version.
    • Download the latest release of the C6 Firmware for the Nokia 5530 (RM-504) . It can be found stickied in the PNHT Forum. Download Link
    • Download latest release of Quicken for 5530 at first post
    • Extract both archives into their own folders, respectively. I suggest you use 7zip.

Set Flashing Files

• The flashing folder will vary upon whether your system is 32 bit or 64 bit. - More Information
    • If your system is a 32 bit system, Create this folder on your Computer. "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-XXX\", where "RM-XXX" is your RM Version. e.g. for 5530 "RM-504".
    • If your system is a 64 bit system, Create this folder on your Computer. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-XXX\", where "RM-XXX" is your RM Version. e.g. for 5530 "RM-504".
    • Copy all the files from the C6 Firmware for the Nokia 5800 and place it in the newly created folder.
    • Copy all the files from the Quicken firmware and place it in the newly created folder. You will be asked if you'd like to replace files. Choose "Yes" everytime it asks.

Run JAF

• Run "JAF_OGM_PKEY_EMULATOR" from where you extracted JAF to.
    • Click on Go.
    • You'll get an error, "BOX DRIVER NOT INSTALLED". Click on "OK".

Choose Settings

• Click on the BB5 tab.
    • Uncheck "CRT 308".
    • Check "Manual Flash" and "Dead USB".
    • Leave "Normal Mode" checked.

Choose Flashing Files

• In Jaf, Check "Use INI". This takes time to load so please be patient.
    • Choose your phone model, including "RM-XXX" version.
    • After selecting, the buttons tagged "MCU"; "PPM" and "APE Variant" should turn green.

Flash Your Phone

• Turn Off your Phone and plug it into the USB port.
    • Click "Flash".
    • The Log Box should now show "Searching for Phone".
    • Press the power button for half a second. Do not press and hold it like when you are turning on your Phone.
    • You should hear a "USB Connected" sound from your Computer.
    • It will start installing drivers if this is your first time flashing. Let it run until it finishes. If it fails or JAF shows "Not Found" in the Log Box, press "Flash" again and repeat the procedure.
    • Your Phone will now start flashing. Wait until the Log Box says "Done!!!". At this point, you may now remove your phone from the USB port.

Initial Usage

• Enter the current date and time.
    • Your Phone will now go to the homescreen.
    • Do not try to open anything yet. Instead, let all the keys and the display go off. This takes about a good minute.
    • Unlock your phone. Then turn off your Phone.
    • Insert the microSD card. Turn your Phone on.
    • Again, do not open anything. Let the keys and display go off.
    • Unlock your phone. You may now restore your backup data or sync it with OVI Suite.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [Euro 1+2 VERSIONS RELEASED]5530 4 LIFE XTEnded~Edition[ONLY CFW WITH QT & J

BTW Shadowninty why didnt you give me pre-release beta

Anyway doesnt matter it worth waiting for!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [Euro 1+2 VERSIONS RELEASED]5530 4 LIFE XTEnded~Edition[ONLY CFW WITH QT & JRT2]

Yeees,! is amaizing! ,!
    is a nice CFW , thanks for the hard work,
    this is a great work
    tthaks for shared!

PD , i found the first bug, the T9 mode don't work in spanish language,
    i think the solution is modify the file ecom-2-0.spi,1

shadowninty

Default F.A.Q./Frequently Asked Questions

F.A.Q./Frequently Asked Questions

Is RomPatcher Included?

No, RomPatcher is not included because this firmware is pre-hacked. Installation of any application is possible including RomPatcher, which you can download here. - Download Link

How is the battery life of your custom firmware

I generally use my phone quite heavily. I browse using WiFi, listen to Music, take a lot of pictures, have a security software running, constantly use SMS and occasionally use the GPS to navigate. I get one whole day on every full charge.

Why is there a message that says "Installing" when I first open the OVI Store?

In PNHT's release of the C6 Firmware for the Nokia 5800, the automatic installation of the OVI Store was disabled. It will install only once and you'll be able to use it normally.

In your changelog, it says that you have removed the "1 New Message" popup. Why is it suddenly showing up again?

You have installed Nokia Notifications. When you remove the widget from your homescreen, the default settings of the original firmware get restored, including the "1 New Message" popup. To resolve this, you must open "File Browser" from the "Tools" Folder in the Menu and navigate to C:\Private\10202BE9\Persists and delete 102824A0.cre. Then you must restart your Phone.

How do I get back the "1 New Message" pop-up back?

Copy this text file to C:\Private\10202BE9 then delete C:\Private\10202BE9\Persists\102824A0.cre. After that, restart your phone. - Download Link

Are other Languages available?

Yes. To request for a Language, please specify the following information:

• Quicken Version, Including RM-XXX Version
    • Language
    • A country variant which could probably contain the Language you are looking for. I'm having a hard time looking for that and you should be able to help since you know which countries the LAnguage you are looking for might exist in. See the list below.

Once a requst has been completed, I will announce it on the thread and add it to the Downloads Page of Minima. You may then download it along with the original release. Overwrite the rofs2 file in the original release with the one from the Language Pack. You may then flash it to you Phone.

Alternatively, if you would like to import your own Language, you may follow this tutorial. - Tutorial Link

A known limitation to adding other Languages is the loss of the Original Nokia N8 Tones. These are high quality and large in size compared to the C6's. If you request for a Language, you will only have the Original C6 Tones. So if you would like to import Languages, you need to delete all the sounds in rofs2\data\sounds\digital. Then you need to place the original tones from the PNHT C6 Firmware to the same folder.

Is my current software version important when flashing?

Here's a general rule. Do not downgrade. When it comes to Nokia, downgrading will kill your phone. Since Quicken uses the latest firmware, you will be upgrading. However, if you are on version 50 or lower, I would still recommend that you update to v51 through OVI Suite or Nokia Software Updater before flashing Quicken.

I don't like your start-up screen. How do I get the default one back?

Copy this text file to C:\Private\10202BE9 then delete C:\Private\10202BE9\Persists\101F8763.cre. After that, restart your phone. - Download Link

I don't like the way the Menu is arranged. How do I bring it back to the default?

Overwrte this file: "C:\Private\200113dd\content\matrixmenudata.xm l" with the provided one. Restart your phone. - Download Link

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [Euro 1+2 VERSIONS RELEASED]5530 4 LIFE XTEnded~Edition[ONLY CFW WITH QT & JRT2]

thanks for replying,

I don't format the phone,! I'll ax using the CFW, is very good: D the best,
    just wait to fix the problem the T9 Spanish,

i'am sure you can fix the problem easily!

shadowninty

Default .: Some Words From Oreo27 :.

Hey Guys, I finally released this firmware. I've been working on this for two weeks straight and did all the mods myself. I've spent many long nights on this one to get the best results. It's working perfectly. I'll be updating this with the latest mods all of the time. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to say it or ask it here.

I hope everyone enjoys this. Cheers!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [Euro 1+2 VERSIONS RELEASED]5530 4 LIFE XTEnded~Edition[ONLY CFW WITH QT & J

oh, i use hard reset after flash the phone, sorry the english is difficult for me, i try flash aigan.

shadowninty

Default .: Download Board :.

.ownload Board :.

Quicken 1.0 For 5530

Guide To flashing by Oreo27

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

next version adds brazilian portuguese language. :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i love the CFW... though the orange and orange tsunami is bugged... Upakul recently updated his cfw to fix known bugs, i think you should update your CFW with the changes... could you also disable the turning controls in the homescreen?? it messes up with a few applications

if this CFW would be bug free, i think it would be very awesome!!!

Page 15 of 262 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast