Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 40 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Update : 4shared LINK : N97 Piratedv5 CFW [Now Compatible with v22 + v21)-RM-505

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford
    How will this perform if ported to N97 Mini on 12.0.110?
    same performance probably, why not just update mate?

whoops LOL

Default Re: Update : 4shared LINK : N97 Piratedv5 CFW [Now Compatible with v22 + v21)-RM-505

DONT USE THIS UPDATE FOR N97 MINI!!!!

this is for the N97 32GB ONLY

search the forum for N97 MINI CFW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiPPERD

haha. didn't notice that. thanks buddy. +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiPPERD

Not true. I ported it to N97 Mini using NokiaEditor Beta 7 to rebuild rofs3 and it works fine.

Just do what I did and it should be fine.

1. Flash to 12.0.110 using original firmware (get files for your model from Navifirm) but using the attached rofs3 file to replace the Navifirm version in usual way using JAF (I used 1.98.62 for Windows 7)
    2. After it has finished (wait for restart prompts etc and it has settled), do a hard reset
    3. Format mass memory using in-phone file manager (backup anything you need)
    4. Format memory card using in-phone file manager (backup anything you need)
    5. Flash again using JAF
    6. Wait until it prompts you to restart your N97mini to finish installation
    7. Done

Mine works perfectly, and installed games, SPB, Gravity etc since install and everything works perfectly. I flashed twice, as first time has install errors, but second time worked perfectly. If you format memories prior to first flash and get no errors, no need to do point 5.

The rofs3 file ported to N97mini is attached. It is for v12.0.110 and I have a variant 0591466 UK keyboard layout. Use Navifirm to get origial 12.0.110 firmware for your layout, and replace the rofs3 file with the attached, renaming it to the same as yours as per usual.

If yo're having issues flashing N97mini using JAF, take battery out, connect USB cable and when you click "flash", insert the battery. No need to touch power button as inserting the battery will prompt the flash to begin.

Enjoy (and cheers pirate!)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I used this firmware to upgrade my N97 but I find my phone to be clunky and slow.
    Too be fair, it was slow and clunky before the upgrade and this is why i chose this firmware to try and improve matters, but it didn't.

Should I have done anything before the upgrade?

I did do a hard reset after the upgrade.

dog-man

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford
    Not true. I ported it to N97 Mini using NokiaEditor Beta 7 to rebuild rofs3 and it works fine.

Just do what I did and it should be fine.

1. Flash to 12.0.110 using original firmware (get files for your model from Navifirm) but using the attached rofs3 file to replace the Navifirm version in usual way using JAF (I used 1.98.62 for Windows 7)
    2. After it has finished (wait for restart prompts etc and it has settled), do a hard reset
    3. Format mass memory using in-phone file manager (backup anything you need)
    4. Format memory card using in-phone file manager (backup anything you need)
    5. Flash again using JAF
    6. Wait until it prompts you to restart your N97mini to finish installation
    7. Done

Mine works perfectly, and installed games, SPB, Gravity etc since install and everything works perfectly. I flashed twice, as first time has install errors, but second time worked perfectly. If you format memories prior to first flash and get no errors, no need to do point 5.

The rofs3 file ported to N97mini is attached. It is for v12.0.110 and I have a variant 0591466 UK keyboard layout. Use Navifirm to get origial 12.0.110 firmware for your layout, and replace the rofs3 file with the attached, renaming it to the same as yours as per usual.

If yo're having issues flashing N97mini using JAF, take battery out, connect USB cable and when you click "flash", insert the battery. No need to touch power button as inserting the battery will prompt the flash to begin.

Enjoy (and cheers pirate!)
    Yes he did.
    I helped him
    He does not lie
    But he never gave me a +1

orite ok... well i didnt test this as have no n97 mini but i was just being cautious for others...

surely as the n97 has extra features to the n97 mini this would cause problems though as the things would be there but not work...?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marvinloess
    if u downloaded all ur fw files and CFW files
    rename this CFW name same with original fw files..
    then replace it ...
    done
    flash

Hi! First of all I wanna say that you are doing a great job!!
    I just wanna know if I can flash my friend's N97 RM-507 with this cfw? I know that i need to rename those files but I read all the 27 pages and no mantion about diffrent RM or differnt version 22.x.110.
    He has a V22.2.110 RM-507
    Thanx!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man
    I used this firmware to upgrade my N97 but I find my phone to be clunky and slow.
    Too be fair, it was slow and clunky before the upgrade and this is why i chose this firmware to try and improve matters, but it didn't.

Should I have done anything before the upgrade?

I did do a hard reset after the upgrade.

dog-man

Am I the only one who still finds their N97 slow and clunky even after upgrading with this firmware?

dog-man

i find the fone slows down if u install things to it...

the firmware needs be changed so that EVERYTHING installs ALL files to E rather than C... but from my understanding
    the fone does not choose the drive to install to... and its the SIS file itself that tells the files where to go... didnt know if there was a firmware round this?

or at least a guide to change the SIS files...? hint hint

Page 40 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast