Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 133 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: XTE Quantum Universal for 5530 v30!

I bricked my 5530 trying to install this :/ but it was still under 30 day warranty so im getting a replacement.

My questions are:

Why does the "XTE Quantum for 5530" folder only contain the .rofs3 file? is the .rofs2 not required?

My original product code is 591858 (America Black/Red), and it only has FW v11.0.054 available so I changed my product code to 581328 (America Black/Red). I then updated to v30.0.009 using Nokia Software Updater.

I then used Navifirm to download the v30.0.009 FW for product code 581328, and replaced the original .rof3 with the XTE Quantum .rofs3 and the .rofs2 in the RX-8HS download link, and flash it with JAF.

I did notice that the original FW .rofs2 has V12 and the end and the XTE has V22 at the end.

First try I had the error at the end "phone booted but not in flash mode". After that the phone would not restart.

I reflashed the original v30.0.009 FW for prod. code 581328 but the phone would get stuck in "Test Mode". I had to remove the battery to exit "Test Mode" but the phone did not turn on. If I held the power button, the phone would vibrate once.

I then reflashed the v11.0.054 firmware for prod. code 591858 that came with my phone, but it would still get stuck in "Test Mode", and only vibrate once when trying to turn it on.

I tried holding the green/red/camera & power button, it didn't work.
    I tried booting with no sim card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting with no memory card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting WITH the sim card and NO memory card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting WITH the memory cand and NO sim card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting after removing the battery for 5,10,30 min, it didn't work.

I really liked FW v30.0.009 while I had it, and I wanted to see how much better XTE Quantum was, but I wasn't able to flash it.

What can I do differently once I get my next phone so I don't brick it again?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by edxmon
    I bricked my 5530 trying to install this :/ but it was still under 30 day warranty so im getting a replacement.

My questions are:

Why does the "XTE Quantum for 5530" folder only contain the .rofs3 file? is the .rofs2 not required?

My original product code is 591858 (America Black/Red), and it only has FW v11.0.054 available so I changed my product code to 581328 (America Black/Red). I then updated to v30.0.009 using Nokia Software Updater.

I then used Navifirm to download the v30.0.009 FW for product code 581328, and replaced the original .rof3 with the XTE Quantum .rofs3 and the .rofs2 in the other download link, and flash it with JAF.

I did notice that the original FW .rofs2 has V12 and the end and the XTE has V22 at the end.

First try I had the error at the end "phone booted but not in flash mode". After that the phone would not restart.

I reflashed the original v30.0.009 FW for prod. code 581328 but the phone would get stuck in "Test Mode". I had to remove the battery to exit "Test Mode" but the phone did not turn on. If I held the power button, the phone would vibrate once.

I then reflashed the v11.0.054 firmware for prod. code 591858 that came with my phone, but it would still get stuck in "Test Mode", and only vibrate once when trying to turn it on.

I tried holding the green/red/camera & power button, it didn't work.
    I tried booting with no sim card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting with no memory card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting WITH the sim card and NO memory card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting WITH the memory cand and NO sim card, it didn't work.
    I tried booting after removing the battery for 5,10,30 min, it didn't work.

I really liked FW v30.0.009 while I had it, and I wanted to see how much better XTE Quantum was, but I wasn't able to flash it.

What can I do differently once I get my next phone so I don't brick it again?
    O M G! What have you done?
    Couldn't you send me 1 PM?
    After flashing to v30 you shouldnt have flashed it to v11
    That killed your phone. Its suicide man
    You could have reported it befor flashing to v11
    We are here to help you! I dont want any newbee again getting his phone killed by such mistakes

Flashed with a cfw, phone doesnt boot up? Ask us before you flash with something else or do something silly

I feel very sorry for you

NEVER EVER DOWNGRADE YOUR PHONE AGAIN.
    Didnt you read the message that j.a.f gave before flashing?

Anyways I am sorry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    O M G! What have you done?
    Couldn't you send me 1 PM?
    After flashing to v30 you shouldnt have flashed it to v11
    That killed your phone. Its suicide man
    You could have reported it befor flashing to v11
    We are here to help you! I dont want any newbee again getting his phone killed by such mistakes

Flashed with a cfw, phone doesnt boot up? Ask us before you flash with something else or do something silly

I feel very sorry for you

NEVER EVER DOWNGRADE YOUR PHONE AGAIN.
    Didnt you read the message that j.a.f gave before flashing?

Anyways I am sorry
    It was dead after flashing with the v30.0.009 CFW, i tried reinstalling MRX-8HS and XTE MULTIPLE times, they all had the same result it doesn't matter what killed it or when, all that matters is that it bricked. Don't feel sorry, I lost nothing but time, and time is what I have most. I will get a brand new phone free of charge and now I have knowledge. Live and learn, and knowledge is power. I have both a SE w810i and w902 to use until I get my new 5530.

When I modified my phone I assumed all risks and responsibilities, so If I don't feel bad, you shouldn't either, but thank you for your concern friend.

What I need now is advise on what I will have to do in the future with my new phone, not grief about the past that can't be changed

PS.: "Organiser" in MRX-8HS's menu screenshot is not spelled correctly, it is spelled "Organizer", with a "Z"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Bricking with a cfw is different. You can always repare it. I bricked mine many times but I always flash it back to live after few tries
    But a downgrade will lead you to a Nokia store for sure!

Read all J.a.f tutorials and cfw cooking tutiorials. Search the forum. I wil help you soon but now I cant coz I am operating from mobile currently

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    Bricking with a cfw is different. You can always repare it. I bricked mine many times but I always flash it back to live after few tries
    But a downgrade will lead you to a Nokia store for sure!

Read all J.a.f tutorials and cfw cooking tutiorials. Search the forum. I wil help you soon but now I cant coz I am operating from mobile currently
    Thank you, I do not remember if I tried flashing OFW v30.0.009 before or after I tried v11.0.054, but I do remember I tried both. I could successfully flash ALL but v11.0.054, the nokia "Test Mode" screen said "v30.0.009" at the top, but it would never boot.

I've read 3-4 different JAF guides, and they are a little bit different, I don't know which method to follow. Some say to check "Normal mode" some say to leave it off. Some others say to use the JAF USB driver, some other says to use the NSU USB Driver.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by creepynaif
    Actually this is the fastest and most complete patch for 5530

Just hoped to get some more themes pre-installed
    I dunno any good ones for 5530 (a good fit for that phone)
    The rofs3 has no more space left to put some theme into it, but you can try as long as the rofs3 no larger than 13MB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by edxmon
    It was dead after flashing with the v30.0.009 CFW, i tried reinstalling MRX-8HS and XTE MULTIPLE times, they all had the same result it doesn't matter what killed it or when, all that matters is that it bricked. Don't feel sorry, I lost nothing but time, and time is what I have most. I will get a brand new phone free of charge and now I have knowledge. Live and learn, and knowledge is power. I have both a SE w810i and w902 to use until I get my new 5530.

When I modified my phone I assumed all risks and responsibilities, so If I don't feel bad, you shouldn't either, but thank you for your concern friend.

What I need now is advise on what I will have to do in the future with my new phone, not grief about the past that can't be changed

PS.: "Organiser" in MRX-8HS's menu screenshot is not spelled correctly, it is spelled "Organizer", with a "Z"
    When you found the extension name is difference than your's, click rename on your default rofs3, copy the name and rename it in the XTE rofs3, then you can flash it to your phone, the "Organiser" you mentioned is taken from a mod, and i don't know how to rename it, so the "Organiser" which has wrong spelled is not caused by me...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Organizer = US English
    Organiser = UK English

Who cares anyways

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for your great works.. I'm using XTE Quantum universal for my 5530..
    I have some questions.. Why does orange tornado home screen have error fonts? How to fix those errors? I didn't find the orange tornado in C or E..
    thanks before..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dr1k
    Thanks for your great works.. I'm using XTE Quantum universal for my 5530..
    I have some questions.. Why does orange tornado home screen have error fonts? How to fix those errors? I didn't find the orange tornado in C or E..
    thanks before..
    Pirates killer told of that it's font's problem, he you change the font, the problem will solve

Page 7 of 133 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast