Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 689 of 854 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699739789 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 8536
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 - RM356 C6v11 - Pixel*1 [My journey ends here - Thanks]

how can I install the latest ovi maps when I cant even uninstall the pre-installed old version ovi maps?! when I try to install the latest ovi maps, it says, "unable to install. component is built-in"
    how do I update it without using SW update? I already have the installer for the latest version of ovi maps. I don't want to repeat the whole flashing thing. I just want to install the latest ovi maps.
    the pre-installed ovi maps doesn't even work on my 5800. it always exits when I open the application..
    anyone here can help me?

Quote Originally Posted by danielcf
    how can I install the latest ovi maps when I cant even uninstall the pre-installed old version ovi maps?! when I try to install the latest ovi maps, it says, "unable to install. component is built-in"
    how do I update it without using SW update? I already have the installer for the latest version of ovi maps. I don't want to repeat the whole flashing thing. I just want to install the latest ovi maps.
    the pre-installed ovi maps doesn't even work on my 5800. it always exits when I open the application..
    anyone here can help me?
    Maybe the ovi maps installed is the latest one. But u say it doesnt work, rite? Have u tried uninstalling? Try ending the ovi process using kill me and then uninstall.

If not then remove ovi maps from upa's rofs n flash n then add manually later. All the best!
    -=DevilYazdan=-

..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by devilyazdan
    Yes dude, i found it. Nice mod.

1) Download this file (attached here):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9vyjphzxazshzgd

2) Apply Open4All patch in RomPatcher.
    3) Copy "Private" folder into C:\ drive on your phone, replace all and turn off display rotation in system Settings.
    4) Just reboot your phone after all, and enjoy!

To disable this mod, just remove file: C:\Private\10282BC4\Rules\theodore_Qwerty.rul, and restart your mobile.

Ok, one more thing, locking ur phone (screen) is in potrait, so add this file in private\10202be9
    i appreciate ur efforts dude...gr8 work...
    but hey man...i DONT wanna use ROMPAtcher....im ready to edit my cfw wid nokia editor 7...jus tell me where ive got to put my files inside rofs2....if its posible....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by koolboy398x
    i appreciate ur efforts dude...gr8 work...
    but hey man...i DONT wanna use ROMPAtcher....im ready to edit my cfw wid nokia editor 7...jus tell me where ive got to put my files inside rofs2....if its posible....
    u shud put that file in ur rofs2/private/10282bc4/rules/

then repack and restart ... hit thanks if it helps u .. all d best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by danielcf
    anyone here can help me?
    yes while upa releasing it and even now ovi maps is 3.06 is beta .. so he din add it ... he added a stable version maps that is 3.04 ... u need use . app file to remove maps inbuilt from ur rofs2 .. search fr .app file experetti posted it ... pm him he ll provide u ...m on mobile so unable to provide ...sry fr that

hope it helps..hit thanks if it helped u ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gautam_5800
    Put all ur songs inside E:\Music and then refresh m8
    ive done that and still no music in library... anyone know how to solve this problem??

5800XM
    cfw - x^10 universal
    fw - v51

edit - ive format my memory before i flashed my phone...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazuri19
    ive done that and still no music in library... anyone know how to solve this problem??

5800XM
    cfw - x^10 universal
    fw - v51

edit - ive format my memory before i flashed my phone ...
    try to put it in E:/sounds /my music :-) if folder doesnt exist create urself :-) n then reset factory settings once tat is *#7780#
    hit thanks if u succeed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi guys. I know this is at the very end of a long thread (which i have read) but id just like to give my first post on the subject.

Ok, my Nokia 5800. I was using SPB Mobile shell which im sure a lot of users are. But due to RAM limitations the phone would often bomb out, frozen internet, not being able to type etc. I decided the only way to go was to flash the firmware with something that makes better use of the RAM.
    So i found this thread.

My original firmware was v40.
    The screen in my phone was NOT original, i had replaced it with a screen from ebay descirbed as 'genuine nokia'. My old screen had a small crack in it.

Ok, i debated it all day. Should i, shouldnt i, i didnt want to ruin my phone. I decided, and then i I flashed using the guides found on the web. The thing was, most were different. Only slightly, but still slightly different. The main bulk was the same, but some where saying flash with other files taken from navifirm etc.
    To flash Pixel*1 firware, flash with 3 FILES ONLY. Do not mix and match with other files from anywhere.

After the flash, the screen was half distorted. Top half all wavey, the bottom half static. I suspected my screen, so i switched it back with my original nokia (with the crack) and it worked fine. Goes to show, screens marked as "genuine" on ebay could well not be. My research points to anything "over" version 40 of the firmware will cause this error on non-original/100% genuine screens.

Ok, so the flashing result? Not a single RAM hangup. Previously i had around 30mb RAM remaining and the phone would lock up. Now, i can run a load more apps, the RAM is down to 15mb at times and not a single hangup. 100% improvement on memory management over original firmware. I run SPB mobile shell for the graphical features it offers, but even so the C6 screen would suit people if they wished.

Downsides (to me).
    The boot screen and shutdown screen, they are created by the author. I would have preferred the original nokia ones personally but i understand his branding.
    The green light stays on during charging. Just means another light pointing in my eyes at night when im trying to sleep.
    The RomPatcher and the Roms. I dont know how to work them. I have been on the official site, this site, tried a lot of things but i cant find in "newby english" on how to get them activated. Or even if they work. I have been trying all things with a patch (hide the profile change warning message) but i cant get it to run.

Anyways, thats my experience and i hope it will help some newbies who were/are worried about flashing. The main thing is, MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS 100% ORIGINAL NOKIA, and MAKE SURE YOU FLASH WITH ONLY 3 FILES, no more.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by paulieadamson
    hi guys. I know this is at the very end of a long thread (which i have read) but id just like to give my first post on the subject.

Ok, my Nokia 5800. I was using SPB Mobile shell which im sure a lot of users are. But due to RAM limitations the phone would often bomb out, frozen internet, not being able to type etc. I decided the only way to go was to flash the firmware with something that makes better use of the RAM.
    So i found this thread.

My original firmware was v40.
    The screen in my phone was NOT original, i had replaced it with a screen from ebay descirbed as 'genuine nokia'. My old screen had a small crack in it.

Ok, i debated it all day. Should i, shouldnt i, i didnt want to ruin my phone. I decided, and then i I flashed using the guides found on the web. The thing was, most were different. Only slightly, but still slightly different. The main bulk was the same, but some where saying flash with other files taken from navifirm etc.
    To flash Pixel*1 firware, flash with 3 FILES ONLY. Do not mix and match with other files from anywhere.

After the flash, the screen was half distorted. Top half all wavey, the bottom half static. I suspected my screen, so i switched it back with my original nokia (with the crack) and it worked fine. Goes to show, screens marked as "genuine" on ebay could well not be. My research points to anything "over" version 40 of the firmware will cause this error on non-original/100% genuine screens.

Ok, so the flashing result? Not a single RAM hangup. Previously i had around 30mb RAM remaining and the phone would lock up. Now, i can run a load more apps, the RAM is down to 15mb at times and not a single hangup. 100% improvement on memory management over original firmware. I run SPB mobile shell for the graphical features it offers, but even so the C6 screen would suit people if they wished.

Downsides (to me).
    The boot screen and shutdown screen, they are created by the author. I would have preferred the original nokia ones personally but i understand his branding.
    The green light stays on during charging. Just means another light pointing in my eyes at night when im trying to sleep.
    The RomPatcher and the Roms. I dont know how to work them. I have been on the official site, this site, tried a lot of things but i cant find in "newby english" on how to get them activated. Or even if they work. I have been trying all things with a patch (hide the profile change warning message) but i cant get it to run.

Anyways, thats my experience and i hope it will help some newbies who were/are worried about flashing. The main thing is, MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS 100% ORIGINAL NOKIA, and MAKE SURE YOU FLASH WITH ONLY 3 FILES, no more.

Thanks!
    Well, firstly, nice n long post.
    1. Have u flashed with pixel *1? Is ur cfw working? Coz AFAIK, there shuld be no hardware problems (screen) with ur software (cfw).
    2.U can always change the boot n shutdown screens. Even u can get splashscreens, its easy.
    3.Well u can charge during the day time if u sleep with ALL lights off! LOL!
    Ok, but thats not what i m talking about. If u want no green light while charging, then i have attached file here, download, copy and enjoy!
    4. Rompatcher will not work until u add 'patches' in E:\patches folder. Check if even have the folder as well as the patches. U can get "hide the profile change warning message" from patches. Attached Here.
    If u want the patches to load everytime u restart ur phone then check them to auto in options.
    5. U can flash with more files provided that u use C6-ported 5800 fw from PNHT with NO rofs3 included.

Please Note:
    DON'T use Nokia 5800 files from Navifirm to flash Pixel *1.

U can use Navifirm for Nokia 5800 og firmware or xtension fw or any other NON-C6 Ported fw.
    Also, i believe ur this problem "the screen was half distorted. Top half all wavey, the bottom half static." was because of using Navifirm files.
    Plz Don't mix-up between Nokia 5800 cfw and Nokia C6-ported 5800 cfw.

Best Regards,
    YK.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hit the green arrow if u like my posts...!
    -=DevilYazdan=-

..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks for the reply! but im not sure you read my post correctly.

I DID NOT flash with any navifirm files. I went directly from v40 to Pixel*1 and the screen distorted. I put back in my original screen and it was ok. I put back in the ebay screen, distorted. Its a hardware issue with the non-genuine nokia screens. The pixel*1 firmware works flawlessly im very happy with it.

I have the patches folder in 'memory card' and it has all the patches in it. I have went to ropatcher in the software and selected to add them to auto. But they do nothing...

My post was to help newbies really, i dont have any skill or knowledge with rofs3 etc, i do not know or understand what they are! i was merely trying to help newbies who want a nice new CFW without getting bogged down in technical words etc!

Page 689 of 854 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699739789 ... LastLast