Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 684 of 854 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694734784 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 8536
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 - RM356 C6v11 - Pixel*1 [My journey ends here - Thanks]

Hey guys, I'm new to flashing, and I'm lazy backreading all the posts in this thread. I just want to confirm this before i flash my N5800 V51 RM-356, do I need files from PNHT like DCP, VPL, & BIN with UPAKUL's CORE, UDA, & ROFS2? Or, I just need CORE, UDA, ROFS2 from UPAKUL? Please, need your guidance, I dont want to brick my phone. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disastre_18
    Hey guys, I'm new to flashing, and I'm lazy backreading all the posts in this thread. I just want to confirm this before i flash my N5800 V51 RM-356, do I need files from PNHT like DCP, VPL, & BIN with UPAKUL's CORE, UDA, & ROFS2? Or, I just need CORE, UDA, ROFS2 from UPAKUL? Please, need your guidance, I dont want to brick my phone. Thanks
    If u r referin 2 Pixel*1,
    Yes u need the files from PNHT. Download them. Copy them in RM-356 folder and replace them with Upakul's Core, Uda and Rofs2.
    Don't include any Rofs3. Flash properly n u will never brick your fone.
    All the best!
    -=DevilYazdan=-

..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

+1 for you bro. Thanks a lot, I'm in a middle of don't/do. Now I understand. Files from NaviFirm is for flashing Original Firmware right? There's something bugging me.

1. If I'm on a CFW like Pixel*1, and like to change to another CFW like Xtension^10, do I need to reflash again with files from PNHT + Xtension^10 ROFS2 & UDA?

2. If i replace CORE, UDA, ROFS2, is it mandatory to rename it like the one I'm replacing of?

3. And if I'm reverting it back to Original Firmware do I use JAF or NSU?

+1 for you bro. Thanks a lot, I'm in a middle of don't/do. Now I understand. Files from NaviFirm is for flashing Original Firmware right? There's something bugging me.

1. If I'm on a CFW like Pixel*1, and like to change to another CFW like Xtension^10, do I need to reflash again with files from PNHT + Xtension^10 ROFS2 & UDA?

2. If i replace CORE, UDA, ROFS2, is it mandatory to rename it like the one I'm replacing of?

3. And if I'm reverting it back to Original Firmware do I use JAF or NSU?

1. If u need any fw lyk Xtension ^10 or so, plz understand first that these are not C6-ported. Only Pixel*1 is C6-ported for 5800. So for installing Xtension ^10, u need original Nokia 5800 files from Navifirm. Plz confirm whether the cfw files are for C6 ported or Original Nokia.
    U can always revert as long as u are not downgrading. I hope u knw the meaning of downgrading.
    Yes u need to flash again.
    So: Nokia Original 5800 files + Xtension Files = Xtension Fw.

2. Yes it is mandatory to rename according to the original files otherwise the flash will not take place OR u will have to point the files to JAF separately. (if u want to know how to point files, then post here, we will help you)

3. For any flashing, u need JAF.

Is that OK? Or want some more description/ details?
    Any more queries, plz post here. We are happy2help !!!
    -=DevilYazdan=-

..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Actually there so many things I want to know, for instance how to apply patches (bug fixes) in rofs, editing some files, 4x4/4x5 menu icons. I hope I'll learn all of this. Oh welll this is what I need for now. Thank you for your help/guidance/patience. Now I'm ready to flash.

Actually there so many things I want to know, for instance how to apply patches (bug fixes) in rofs, editing some files, 4x4/4x5 menu icons. I hope I'll learn all of this. Oh welll this is what I need for now. Thank you for your help/guidance/patience. Now I'm ready to flash.

Try this:
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,18498.0.html

--------------------------------------------------------
    Hit the green arrow if i helped!
    -=DevilYazdan=-

..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks again mate. One thing, can i change the order of my menu like in original customization when my phone is in a CFW (ex. Pixel*1)

Thanks again mate. One thing, can i change the order of my menu like in original customization when my phone is in a CFW (ex. Pixel*1)
    Yes u can. U need 2 add d menu files in rofs2 n den reflash. u cannot change while d system is running...
    -=DevilYazdan=-

..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried to add Finnish language to this CFW but it didn't work. I extracted language files with rofs2 language tool and then I copied them to the rofs2 and so on, but after flashing my phone didn't start anymore. It just kept booting and booting. Do you have any idead what I did wrong? Actually, all I want is to choose Finnish as a writing language, 'cause it's easier to write when you have the qwerty keyboard with scandinavian letters (÷ńň). How I can do that?

Thanks in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i want to install the xtension pro CFW ...

but i have some questions ...

1) My Nokia 5800 actually has the firmware V51 (hacked) ... but, the files of CFW xtension pro has in the name "v50" i want to know if i try to change the firm my phone "gonna die" ? (Possible downgrade)

2) Does exists any methods of do that without problems?

3) How can i change the CFW? i saw here that the uploader released three files (ROFS3, ROFS2, UDA) but, and other files? like the ini file, core file.. have i to download all the FW files (v50) from navifirm and then replace only the ROFS3, ROFS2, UDA (released here)?

Thank you...

Page 684 of 854 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694734784 ... LastLast