Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Minima 1.0 by oreo27

K tried it out and it doesnt work. Just goes to the nokia screen and just hangs or restarts and goes to the nokia screen again and hangs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have gotten it to work by the method described in page 2. Basically I extracted the stock rofs2 and copied the private folder over to minima's private and copied the files that did not already exist on minima (did not overwrite anything on minima, just skipped all the same file types and copied whatever was not on minima)

Hopefully that helps you out with your development. Thanks for your work!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMeds
    Can you please keep minima at a minimum? Someone might love the bare goodness of minima without extra things like the symbian^3 home screen and Conversations (it adds about 4 extra more processes I think). Unless adding these features doesn't slow it down at all, consider making a separate firmware possibly called mini-ish?

I don't want this firmware to become like other so called minimalistc firmwares that have added a gazillion features that just slow things down >.<
    Lol. Well, the Symbian^3 homescreen will probably be a separate version. As for the Conversations app, it does not have a running process.

Quote Originally Posted by thendless
    K tried it out and it doesnt work. Just goes to the nokia screen and just hangs or restarts and goes to the nokia screen again and hangs.
    I have gotten it to work by the method described in page 2. Basically I extracted the stock rofs2 and copied the private folder over to minima's private and copied the files that did not already exist on minima (did not overwrite anything on minima, just skipped all the same file types and copied whatever was not on minima)

Hopefully that helps you out with your development. Thanks for your work!
    Well, the rofs2 of the beta version is based on the rofs2 of a rm-428 rofs2. Did you use other files from the rm-428? like core?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

AntiMeds. I have tried your Droid Sans Font and it works very, very nicely +1 to you. I will be updating my first post with this update to the Minima firmware. It's first Instructions will be found on the first post.

As a side note. You will experience larger looking fonts which makes reading much easier without actually losing screen space.

To all RM-428 Users, I need you to beta test my Minima Firmware 0.5 BETA for RM-428 which can be found here.

http://www.multiupload.com/SVXNCAUHW5

Please use this product code as a reference for flashing : 0581748

We ARE using 50.2.005 RM-428 files.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Minima 1.0 by oreo27 Updated May 30 2010

mine is hanging on nokia screen like b4 then screen goes off and only the green, red, menu,and xpress buttons remain lit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by arcadeon54
    mine is hanging on nokia screen like b4 then screen goes off and only the green, red, menu,and xpress buttons remain lit
    is this for the beta rm-428?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    Lol. Well, the Symbian^3 homescreen will probably be a separate version. As for the Conversations app, it does not have a running process.

Well, the rofs2 of the beta version is based on the rofs2 of a rm-428 rofs2. Did you use other files from the rm-428? like core?
    Sorry for the late reply, The only file I had to modify in minima to get it working was the rofs2 with the method mentioned above. I then used the core rm428 files for NA (054994) and the rofs3 and fpsx from minima. Do you want me to upload my modified rofs2 so you can look at it? Like I said, all I did was extract the stock rofs2 and copied the private folder over to your rofs2 and just skipped any overwrites and allowed any files that were not on minima already to be copied. It seems in your new beta the same problem is still happening from arcadeon54's results. Le me know if you want me to upload my modified rofs2 for your examination.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Just tried the droid font, It is alright but I still prefer minima's default font. I love how much horizontal space is saved when using the font. Do you think you'll be able to fix the anti-aliasing issues oreo27?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sorry for the late reply, The only file I had to modify in minima to get it working was the rofs2 with the method mentioned above. I then used the core rm428 files for NA (054994) and the rofs3 and fpsx from minima. Do you want me to upload my modified rofs2 so you can look at it? Like I said, all I did was extract the stock rofs2 and copied the private folder over to your rofs2 and just skipped any overwrites and allowed any files that were not on minima already to be copied. It seems in your new beta the same problem is still happening from arcadeon54's results. Le me know if you want me to upload my modified rofs2 for your examination.
    duly noted. i will start from scratch. i do have my internet already. i've been busy working on the new homescreen

Just tried the droid font, It is alright but I still prefer minima's default font. I love how much horizontal space is saved when using the font. Do you think you'll be able to fix the anti-aliasing issues oreo27?
    i'm no good with that. i'm open to people who can try to help, till then, i will be keeping the droid font, it's more readable and i think we need change once in a while

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    is this for the beta rm-428?
    yes for the v50 beta minima rm-428

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast