Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 67 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1441
  1. #661
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    301
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy1001
    If you tap the screen around the battery charge icon top right you should find it there
    Connectivity, clock and alarm icon shortcuts are there
    hahaha how stupid of me to forget that,thanks bro.

  2. #662
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by soulburner
    SShhhhhh.... quiet bro... the brazilians will see this... hehehe... =)....

    Either me... I'm a brazilian guy... but my phone is in english... but i write my sms in PT-BR... so, i added the T9 PT-BR to this CFW and everything working smoothy....



    @DcR-Nl

    man... the rom patcher doesn't works... shows up a message ""RomPatcher+ Info" yada... yada... yada.... and i click in OK button but closes after.... any clue??

    Even after a hard reset... =\


    Thanks =)

    about the Rompatcher... cos it cannot find any patch files... u need to put some patches in the folder...

  3. #663
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Dear DcR-Nl,

    I want 2 suggest 2 u to put a to-do list for ur next CFW version,so we wouldn't ask something again and again...

  4. #664
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    few changes that i would suggest. just suggestions only, doesnt mean its the best thing to do.

    - dropping maps 3.04 to rofs. installing the beta to drive c just takes up too much precious space. i know many people requested that maps not to be included in rofs because it prevents udpating...

    - a simpler theme. i have tested various lightweight themes and some heavy ones with custom icons as well. having a theme with custom icons uses up more RAM. NewBlack5th - default icon is the one i am using. it does free up some RAM and processing power as well. you can feel the difference when running opera mobile with multiple tabs loaded. switching apps is faster with a lightweight theme as well.

    - including RAMblow in rofs - this makes sense as RAMblow can be used as a task manager (not all tasks) and RAM optimizer. and maybe KillMe should be optional.

    -Non-Animated startup screen would boost boot-up time... but we dont always reboot our phones now do we... only to start up RAMblow and stare at the free RAM after fresh boot.

    - creating alternate files in rofs for the nokia in-built games. i read somewhere the bounce and GT race takes up around 12mb combined. with alternate 0kb files with same names, the actual files from the rofs1(core) wont be flashed right ? but will this make more space in drive c ?

  5. #665
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    512
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by jashir101
    Thanks for your reply..

    Also i found a bug in Music player..When i scroll down songs,it again starts from the beginning..But it will be fine when i scroll down at the third time..Hope u understand..Sorry for my bad English..
    Yep, I've also encountered this.. But even on the original v50, so can't do anything about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpwd
    I'm brazilian and I have a RM-428 and I'm using v50 firmware and "no crap, just firmware v4".

    I flashed the PT-PT version and T9 works flawlessly in Portuguese. Yeah, there are differences between european and brazilian portuguese, but no difficulties at all to type in Portuguese.
    Good to hear that, seems like my cfw refuses to cooperate with the BR-PT langauge. Pretty weird since I added a lot of languages in the past..
    Quote Originally Posted by soulburner
    man... the rom patcher doesn't works... shows up a message ""RomPatcher+ Info" yada... yada... yada.... and i click in OK button but closes after.... any clue??
    It's working on my phone. The patches folder will be created during a hardreset, will look at it again. But I'm pretty sure this shouldn't happen.

  6. #666
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    512
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by poloram
    thanks sir. What a very nice CFW. I'll wait for more updates..
    Quote Originally Posted by rishi413413
    GreaT Wrk bro.... The Best Firmware Ive ever used On ma Tube.. Jss AwSum.. nO bugs at all.... HoPe to see grt stuff frm u..
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrun kamal

    No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0
    the name say,s it all..............
    no crap..........
    it,s fast.....i think the fastest cfw
    no bug........
    thanx for cooking a nice .....simple.......and fast cfw
    +1 thanks bro....
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrun kamal

    if u wanna have the best themes effect......
    try using this cfw with this themes....
    and it,s realy fast........
    try it,
    Thanks for leaving such positive feedback!
    @Asrun kamal: Will look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mar5690
    Dear DcR-Nl,

    I want 2 suggest 2 u to put a to-do list for ur next CFW version,so we wouldn't ask something again and again...
    Good idea.. Hope I can find time to do this. BTW, did you manage to change to create a .mif file? You was trying to replace the splashscreen, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jananan
    few changes that i would suggest. just suggestions only, doesnt mean its the best thing to do.

    - dropping maps 3.04 to rofs. installing the beta to drive c just takes up too much precious space. i know many people requested that maps not to be included in rofs because it prevents udpating...

    - a simpler theme. i have tested various lightweight themes and some heavy ones with custom icons as well. having a theme with custom icons uses up more RAM. NewBlack5th - default icon is the one i am using. it does free up some RAM and processing power as well. you can feel the difference when running opera mobile with multiple tabs loaded. switching apps is faster with a lightweight theme as well.

    - including RAMblow in rofs - this makes sense as RAMblow can be used as a task manager (not all tasks) and RAM optimizer. and maybe KillMe should be optional.

    -Non-Animated startup screen would boost boot-up time... but we dont always reboot our phones now do we... only to start up RAMblow and stare at the free RAM after fresh boot.

    - creating alternate files in rofs for the nokia in-built games. i read somewhere the bounce and GT race takes up around 12mb combined. with alternate 0kb files with same names, the actual files from the rofs1(core) wont be flashed right ? but will this make more space in drive c ?
    Really appreciate the time you took for such a detailed request. Will do my best to free some time and look at all this. As for the built-in games, I'm a little skeptical about it actually freeing space when doing this. I've seen no proof of it working and I've tried it on my own unreleased v40.0.005 cfw. It seems to only disable the games.
    //edit: I believe that the animated startup screen doesn't really slow down the boot-up time since all autostart processes also are started in the background. If there were no animation you would have to wait a lot longer before you could enter the menu; this confirms my thinking.

  7. #667
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    Good idea.. Hope I can find time to do this. BTW, did you manage to change to create a .mif file? You was trying to replace the splashscreen, right?
    yeah..I manage 2 do that..thanks 4 ur attention..

  8. #668
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    43
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Dcr, I think the problem on having the Portuguese- BR .r76 with the English .r01 is because there is not such a firmware that has those 2 languages by default so can┤t change that private file dont remember name...

    All the pt-br┤s firmware only have the American english by default...

    I tried to put pt-br on your v5 for a long time, and all i got was translating the whole phone to pt-br without the T9 dictionary....

  9. #669
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    Does any of you guys know if it's possible to have all the already included home screens in this firmware, and also add the one from Orange or Vodafone?
    I've tried to install the one from orange through sis files, or manually but the result is always the same... if the one from Orange is working, AT LEAST (Caps is correct to get your attention) "Finger Use" home screen gets screwed up and doesn't work properly...

    tks in advance

    oh by the way...Great firmware!still going rock solid! (hehehe must have said this in a thousand posts already...but hey you deserve the credit!)

  10. #670
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [5800 v50]-[No Crap, Just Firmware v5.0]-[25-04-2010 UPDATED]

    noob question:
    Is there any way to back up your phone in total. I mean like an image from a hard disk?
    If you flash your phone and things don't turn out the way you want, so you can go back.


 
Page 67 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia 5800 - RM356 v40 - part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post
    By steven25 in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 05:35 AM
  2. Nokia 5800 - RM356 v40 - CFW - DEJAVU :D
    By koshko0 in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 02:08 PM
  3. Nokia 5800 - RM356 v50 - XTE Innovate: Impossible is Nothing
    By Upakul in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
  4. Nokia 5800 - RM356 v50 - CFW vol.2 by gabika
    By gabika318 in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 02:02 AM
  5. Nokia 5800 - RM356 v40 - Xploit Machine's XFW - High Stability Firmware
    By xploitmachine in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 04:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •