Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [BETA V3] Nokia 5800 RM-428 NAM CFW Adding Custom Languages from RM-356 ROFS2

Quote Originally Posted by keyzs
    Hi all, thank you all for also looking to adding new languages to Nokia phones. i am an N97 user and have been introduced to your posts from the N97 Forum where i participate.

i have been trying for days without end try to get this done. i am using the N97-1 (RM-505) v21, APAC Singapore Black 0575722. My default languages are 159,d; 327,326,31 (english for china,default; indonesian, malay and simplified chinese) i am trying to get Thai "33" onto my phone; i do not wish to type Thai; just to get it display properly would be just great in my case.

these are my findings and results:

1. i copied all the 33 folders, .33 files, .R33 files, H33 files, Fonts, .rsc files and Zi8Thai.dll + maybe some more.... into the original V19 ROFS2. (believe me when i tell you that i have gone to each and every folder and made a check to every file. i did not know of the .BAT file you guys had here.)

2. i deleted all the 327 and 326 files as i did not require them.

3. i changed the "LANGUAGE.TXT" to 159d, 33, 31

4. i compiled everything and had 32.2Mb for the ROFS2 .V19

5. upon flashing, i am happy to see under LANGUAGE that i have English, Chinese, (BLANK). i am sure that is Thai but i am unable to get it to display correctly. when i send an SMS to myself using PC Suite, i can see the Thai text correctly on my PC but on the phone, i get blanks and scripts of the characters.

6. i have gone thru the NOKIA SDK and pls find the link attached for the language code numbers. NOKIA SDK LANG CODE

7. i noticed that if i use all the .V19 firmware from NAVIFIRM, and just use the ROFS2 .V22, i can get the language pack of english and thai. then i will be miss the simplified chinese. if i use just the entire original .V19 firmware, i will be missing thai. hence i am trying to add either way.

8. let me know if you wish to try my .V19 file and i will send it to you. you can see i have made numerous iterations to this already however, unfortunate, it is still not perfect.

i understand this is a N5800 forum but if there is somebody who could help advice, i am most grateful.... thank you all in advanced.

these are my findings so far:

1. the code used for english is different for different regions. could this affect how other non-latin characters are to be displayed on the phone? the code for english in 159 is English for China; the code for english 161 is english for Thailand. the code for english UK is 1.

2. i suspect there is some form of .ini or config file within the XMLs that may need to be set (change or modify) to add or delete the language sets. from my .v19 file, although the LANGUAGE set under the phone settings is only three (english, chinese, (blank)); under the WRITING INPUT METHOD, i still get English, Malay, Indonesian, Chinese.... no Thai this time.

3. also there are no other methods of changing or adding languages in the other installation files except the ROFS2. the reason i say this is because we can all mix and match language packs but may not be able to be customised. (i could be wrong here).

in all i thank you for reading and hope you may find this post useful.

cheers!!!

hey man tnx for this great solution of language adding, but i have some problem with adding hebrew to my v11 rofs2 actually i need only russian hebrew and english, i have rus rofs2.v11 and i need add lang hebrew(57) from rofs2.v14 i tried to do it but in hex editor something goes wrong i tried few times to change code,can u put here an example part of code what i need to change ohhh,and does it matter im changing rofs2 of n97 and not 5800? after changing i also add whole list of files are connected to specific lang - hebrew.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [BETA V3] Nokia 5800 RM-428 NAM CFW Adding Custom Languages from RM-356 ROFS2

Quote Originally Posted by thirteenthd
    I must've re-flashed the phone a couple dozen times now :P

Anyways, finally got it to work with T9, full screen qwerty and hand writing.

The most important step in using your custom language file lies in the editing of the ecom-2-0.spi file.

The steps below assumes that you will only be modifying the ecom-2-0.spi file and nothing else. That's right, nothing else!

First of all you'll need a few things...please search the forums and become familiar with ALL the tools so things go easier for you.

-knowledge of flashing firmware using JAF (Phoenix doesn't work with custom firmwares. I've tired it so don't waste your time.)
    -Navifirm for downloading the firmware
    -Nokia editor by PNHT for unpacking and repacking the firmware
    -A hex editor for editing the ecom-2-0.spi file

Here we go...

1. Download your NAM firmware and the firmware of the language you intend to use with Navifirm
    2. Locate the language file ending in .rofs2.VXX with XX as your language set code e.g. for Nokia 5800 XM the file would be RM-428_XXXXXXX_prod.rofs2.v24 (English, Traditional Chinese)
    3. Download the customization content file with Navifirm ending in .rofs3.fpsx, try to find the most generic one e.g. RM-428_XXXXX.rofs3.fpsx where there is no "C0X" notation just before the .rofs3.fpsx
    4. Extract both the NAM firmware rofs2 file and your localized rofs2 file with Nokia Editor into seperate folders
    5. Open up your hex editor, locate the directory where you extracted the NAM language file and open private\10009d8f\ecom-2-0.spi file
    6. If your hex editor supports opening up 2 files side by side do so, if not open another instance of the hex editor, this time locate the directory where you extracted the localized language file and open private\10009d8f\ecom-2-0.spi file
    7. Here comes the tricky part, you'll need to identify blocks of the code that has corresponding start and end characters or if you prefer, hex codes, and replace contents in the NAM ecom-2-0.spi with the contents from the localized ecom-2-0.spi file. You'll need to identify patterns in both files to be able to make the correct substitution. During the course of modifying and re-flashing, I noticed that if I start a block with hex code 10 00 00 00 00 (looks like a block character with four space after it) and end with the closest hex code being 10 7D 74 (looks like a block character follow by }t) it will usually be the right choice.
    ***If you want to be careful, replace some blocks at a time, save, re-pack and reflash as often as you can. If your phone didn't brick after you make the modifications then you're on the right track. I spent days before finally getting mine right!
    8. The next step is to copy the file to the localized firmware directory overwriting the original ecom-2-0.spi file (you'll want to back up the original)
    9. Repack the localized language file, rename it to your NAM language file
    10. Flash your phone with the core file from NAM firmware, your repacked localized firmware, and the XXXX.rofs3.fpsx file as mentioned in step 3
    ***the .rofs3.fpsx is the customization content, you need to use the most general one (least customization) to prevent any mismatches or some programs won't run e.g. the build in browser
    11. Flash your phone as dead usb with factory reset
    12. Wait for phone to reboot
    13. Done!

This is my first time writing a guide. People on this forum have both been very knowledgeable and helpful in helping me get Traditional Chinese on my otherwise unsupported NAM 5800 XM. From the days of swapping language files from different firmware to this guide, I've learn so much and this is my way of saying thank to you all who have contributed!

Regards,
    13thD
    Hi, 13thD, nice to know you have done a good job!
    To my understand, the NAM .VXX is actually rename of a RM356's VXX but with a EDITTED ecom-2-0.spi?

What the version you have tried?

I tried V51, unfortunately if I rename a V23 to V17, it turns to brick. I believe after V31, no way to get language by simply change a name and cook....

I tried NFEstd 0.2, removing language is OK although writing ones still there; I extract SC and TC from a HK firmware V50, and use NFEstd 0.2 to IMPORT: the result is NO GOOD. It doesn't turn into brick; it reboots and the stage of "choose region and language" flash in no time (all input, if you want, works the same way: a flash in no time, and very possibly reboot)

So I will try the old way, extract languge MANULLY and put they back to NAM MANULLY...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hello there i have n97mini with virsion 12 0585098,and i have english,hungarian and romanian language files in original FW and i want to add german and arabic to it so i can write in both german and arabic,i tried 10 times editing the ecom-2-0.spi to add arabic and german but evrey flash end with fail booting,can anybody help me please thanks a lot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 - RM-428 - [BETA V3] CFW Adding Custom Languages from RM-356 ROFS2

im wondering if there is any possible way to add ENGLISH language files in 52.0.101 F.W of 5800
    because its cope with the Italian language :/

Update
    its working

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 - RM-428 - [BETA V3] CFW Adding Custom Languages from RM-356 ROFS2

then if i flash my phone using your V17 file, will i get chinese inputs & words?
    cause currently i cannot c chinese words..
    and is there anyway for me to add languages into my phone without flashing?!?!
    THANKS for reading

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi all, I tried to add Hebrew to a Nokia 5800 RM-356 with the instructions given here (I did a hard reset of the phone first)

Symbian S60V5 E-learning center‎ > ‎
    Adding supported languages
    (Can't post links here but if you google the above it goes to the guide).
    but the instructions were not clear enough for me-or my 5800 is missing some folders. Although I managed to download all the listed tools.

I'll appreciate some help on this, thanks..!

1) When downloading the ROMs for the 5800 with the NaviFirm tool, it produces a group of files, of which the NokiaEditor program can see (in its open dialog) two:
    RM-356_52.0.007_026_000_U01.uda.fpsx and
    RM-356_52.0.007_prd.rofs2.V08.

The instructions do not say which of them to extract, or both, and if so whether just to mix the extraction files from both?

2) In this series of steps:
    "Copy the resource files located in rofs2 in \resource\fep from the language ROM to the corresponding location in the working ROM. If there's already a version of a resource file there, don't replace it (this will be the case for the *.r01 English resource files)."

I found those files but where is this "corresponding location in the working ROM" - is this on the phone? or on some other folder in the nokiaeditor root?

3) Regarding the language file Editing the file ecom-2-0.spi in private\10009d8f, my phone doesn't have this folder private nor 10009d8f on the phone memory at all, I looked all over with hidden folders turned on. On the storage card there is /private. I found ecom-2-0.spi on the internet but it's not clear where am I supposed to put it, should I create this folder private/10009d8f and put the modified spi file there even though it never existed on my phone? my phone only has these folders in the storage card /private: 101f875a, 101f8857, 101ffc31, 101ffca9, 10003a3f, 10202dce, 10281e17, 20001f63, 20022b96, 102033E6, 10203636, 10208913, 20019119. And I also searched the entire phone for *.spi files and found nothing. The phone comes from the UK with English only on it.

4) The last step is to "flash" your phone - "After you've got the new localized V2 file, replace the original V2 file you have with the newly altered V2 file you have just created."
    replace it where? on the phone? or use one of the Nokia SDK tools? the instructions say to download the SDK but not what to do with it. Its not clear....

Thanks again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi Guys,

I no longer have a 5800 so I can't exactly produce tested files or CFS for you guys anymore. However, I am able to give you guys a few pointers and reasonings behind my work.

1. Language content is packed in the .rofs2 package. Good to know if you are a beginner to this and don't know where to start.

2. Adding languages is tricky at best if not impossible. The best bet is to modify an existing language pack (the .rofs2 package) to work with the base firmware you want. For me I modified the Traditional Chinese language pack to work with the NAM base firmware.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

can u help me make a file which have a traditional chinese language for nokia rm-356 v60.0.003 . . ported n97v30 cfw (skyfire redefined)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567