Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [BETA V3] Nokia 5800 RM-428 NAM CFW Adding Custom Languages from RM-356 ROFS2

Quote Originally Posted by achiever1688
    I pull out the memory card and do the following to hard reset the phone.
    Press *#7370# AND THEN PUT LOCK CODE (12345). It reboots but still shows the same thing.
    Use jaf to hard reset the phone or the three button key combo (cant remember which three...)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [BETA V3] Nokia 5800 RM-428 NAM CFW Adding Custom Languages from RM-356 ROFS2

The instruction to hard reset phone is correct. This time, I turn on phone and connect to PC and choose PC suite and then suddenly the menu shows up. Thanks.

For people who has the same problem as me that the Menu does not work by displaying nothing but black screen when the middle button is pressed. Here is one possible solution.
    Press the middle button then the screen is just black with 功能表 shown on the upper left corner area. Then press the left lower option button (software button, not the real Green button), then keep on pressing to find a HELP menu. Inside the HELP context, there is a Setting link that you can click. When you are in the Setup application, the Menu might work now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thirteenthd, I look at your rofs2 used for the NAM version and they are pretty much the same as from the RM 356 Taiwan version except you change "4 hex values in the ecom file". Is this the only thing that you change to make it work?

Also, any info pointing to the rofs3 file? Don't know what does that file allow to customize firmware?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

now I installed font router.the contact and message of the phone can show correct with chinese. it is the simply way to show your local language

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by huawei11
    now I installed font router.the contact and message of the phone can show correct with chinese. it is the simply way to show your local language
    You don't need to install Font Router to display Chinese. That's the old way. And you can display every language out there with this font. You just have to put it in your memory card. No need to sign apps and your phone will get slow down with font router and "non-optimized" font for your phone resolution. Also, I find Font Router use up more of your RAM too. Check this link out:

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...msg150276.html

We don't just want to display language in the OS, we want full text input T9 and display/decode in the web browser as well. Plus, after we can have CFW hacks installed too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thirteenthd, I look at your rofs2 used for the NAM version and they are pretty much the same as from the RM 356 Taiwan version except you change "4 hex values in the ecom file". Is this the only thing that you change to make it work?

Also, any info pointing to the rofs3 file? Don't know what does that file allow to customize firmware?
    That is essentially what I did, dump a modified .spi file into the rm356 Taiwan rofs2

Regarding the rofs3, i didnt have time to open them up for a good look. Reasons for replacing it with a general one are that I read somewhere on the forums about it being a customization file for carriers, some intuition and plain voodoo (just kidding.) I will take a look at what it actually comprise of and see if the problem about the menu can be fixed. At the same time I do have school and a family to take care of. So you are welcome to test it out on your own as well, just case I couldnt be of more help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thirteenthd
    That is essentially what I did, dump a modified .spi file into the rm356 Taiwan rofs2

Regarding the rofs3, i didnt have time to open them up for a good look. Reasons for replacing it with a general one are that I read somewhere on the forums about it being a customization file for carriers, some intuition and plain voodoo (just kidding.) I will take a look at what it actually comprise of and see if the problem about the menu can be fixed. At the same time I do have school and a family to take care of. So you are welcome to test it out on your own as well, just case I couldnt be of more help.
    That's what I observed and thought the ecom spi is the only file that you modified. I did the same change of changing "four HEX values" to the HK version which has English, Traditional and Simplified Chinese but it does not work. Well, that should be fine for my purpose to use the GPS in Taiwan in the summer. Though I will also go to China, don't know if the GPS will work with Traditional Chinese in China. Thanks again for the great work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

That's what I observed and thought the ecom spi is the only file that you modified. I did the same change of changing "four HEX values" to the HK version which has English, Traditional and Simplified Chinese but it does not work. Well, that should be fine for my purpose to use the GPS in Taiwan in the summer. Though I will also go to China, don't know if the GPS will work with Traditional Chinese in China. Thanks again for the great work.
    I actually took the time to replace blocks of codes in the NAM ecom-2-0.spi file with the contents from the Taiwan ecom-2-0.spi file and dropped it in the Taiwan rofs2. It may look like I just changed 4 hex values but that's the result of some intense labor (for my eyes, lol.)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Coud somebody add traditional chinese from V19 to my V28 NAM(N97) please? I tried, but didn't work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aznboix
    Coud somebody add traditional chinese from V19 to my V28 NAM(N97) please? I tried, but didn't work.
    N97 is easy. You just do the language pack swap and flash with JAF and you will get the languages from v19. Rename the v19 file to v28 exact file name and flash with JAF. There are plenty of instruction from this forum.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast