Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia 5800 - v40 - CFW (34 languages!) with video and screens by PedroCst

After 1 week and many work, I added the files and I made my own custom firmware!
    Since v40.0.007TE is perfect, I've removed old one.

IMPORTANT (before flashing)!!!
    Before flash your phone, I reccommend you install .sis file (only for ones will update to v40.0.007TE) and backup your phone (except files - copy the ones you need to computer - and memory card). I also reccommend you to uninstall apps/themes/games that are already on Z:\ drive. If your language is not English, I reccommend you to install .sis above (v40.0.007TE only) and change names to your language only AFTER FLASHING.

Changelog:
    Themes
    * Theme effects package "ExtremeTouch v2 by PedroCst" replacing default ones (with no bugs)
    * Nseries 2 (transparent), Light red and iVertigo DI by DSMA added (without mediabar bug - actually)
    * Nseries 1, 3 and 4 (transparent) were added
    * Sound waves theme was removed
    * iVertigo is default theme after hard-reset
    * Only Baltic and newer translations (I'll put in others when everyone will be complete) Put your own theme effects!!! Now, you just need to copy your wanted theme effects to C:\resource\effects!!! My theme package will be automaticly put here with uda file.

Menu changes
    * Submenu applications has a Games folder (removed on update 40.0.007TE)
    * Dictionary icon was changed
    * Zylam Marex's Refined Menu was added
    * MySpace icon was removed

Apps added (most of them with custom icons)
    - ROMPatcher+ (with startup)
    - Skyfire: the phone browser with Flash Player
    - PhoneTorch
    - Best ScreenSnap
    - YouTube
    - Bagatelle
    - KillMe (with startup, to kill processes)
    - Minesweeper
    - Checkers
    - SymTorrent
    - Paint
    - PowerBoot
    - Jbak Taskman (doesn't work... - only on Euro1)

Settings and personalization changes
    * After a hard-reset, you won't recieve a message, register in MyNokia again neither open the "Fresh phone" menu
    * Cache changed to E:\ drive
    * Camera quality has increased
    * Camera shutter doesn't play when you have a profile with no sound warnings added
    * File caching for all drives except Z:\ is enabled
    * Permanent hack added
    * Message 6 tone was added
    * Music is only searched on E:\Attachments, E:\Data\Downloads, E:\Downloads, E:\Music and E:\Sounds
    * Widget notifications were removed
    * Java midlet notifications were removed
    * Lightning boot up (15 seconds against 20 seconds in original version)
    * Increased memory heap size
    * Applications open/close delay is now shorter
    * Video recorder beep was removed
    * Orange homescreen added
    * Startup is now Nokia and S60 Black with N97's startup tone
    * Some folders were hidden from Gallery
    * Gallery has now "Images" and not "Images and videos" (since I've hidden all C:\ drive and some folders on E:\, such as My Videos and Videos)
    * Bluetooth destination files are now in "Attachments"

IMPORTANT (after flashing - thanks xploitmachine)!!!
    This procedure must be performed after flashing firmware:

1. Run KILLME for the first time and move all items in REMOVABLE into PROTECTED section.
    2. OPEN ROMPATCHER+ and enable INSTALL SERVER RP+ & OPEN4ALL RP+.
    3. GO TO THIS FOLDER LOCATION "C:\Private\101f875a\startup" (Delete files!)
    4. GO TO THIS FOLDER LOCATION "C:\Private\101f875a\tasks" (Delete all files!)
    5. GO TO THIS FOLDER LOCATION "C:\Private\101f6efa\" (Delete all files!)
    6. GO TO THIS FOLDER LOCATION "C:\Private\102072c4\" (Delete all files!)
    7. GO TO THIS FOLDER LOCATION "C:\Private\101f8857\Cache\CData\" (Delete all files!)
    8. GO TO THIS FOLDER LOCATION "E:\Private\101f8857\Cache\CData\" (Delete all files!)
    9. In memory card, create folder E:\Sys\Cache
    10. In memory card, create folder E:\Received
    11. Tips, after installing ure favourite applications do again step no. 3, 4, 5 and 7.

Finished: Now you can restart the phone, and install desired applications freely, the phone is now highly optimised! Your startup apps will remain.

Maybe, when you want to install an app, you'll see "Installer already open". So, open KillMe and terminate Installer process! You'll be able to install apps, games and... whatever (!) again!

Testimonials:
    Quote Originally Posted by irizwan
    guess i was in a hurry to install it xD
    Quote Originally Posted by dbf1430
    nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by siele
    Thanks for the answer. I'll try your CFW later. Keep the good work. Clean, simple, elegant CFW.
    Quote Originally Posted by random_nokia_hero
    It's awesome, but could you make it Euro2 (i think finnish is in that), because Euro1 didnt have fin in it, and i've been looking for a CFW with english-finnish a long time (you're CFW is the fastest in my phone atm... but its missing finnish!) PLZ make this and i will give you +1 karma

-Warm regards: Random Nokia Hero

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsbBuOj-ejA[/youtube]
    (sorry for the quality)

Download here:
    Euro1 (download .txt file under images to remove a music player update bug)
    - English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese: http://www.mediafire.com/?kjzfytqyyzt
    Euro2
    - English, French, German, Italian, Turkish, Dutch: http://www.mediafire.com/?tdmuyymr44e
    Euro3
    - English, German, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak: http://www.mediafire.com/?o2gxwyxmmz4
    Scandinavian
    - English, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic: http://www.mediafire.com/?uk0znmmyyio
    Indian
    - English, Indian: http://www.mediafire.com/?kemmwdmynkw
    America
    - English (US), French, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish (Latin-American): http://www.mediafire.com/?nznjy2knryd
    Balkans
    - English, German, Slovenian, Croatian, Greek, Serbian: http://www.mediafire.com/?iwzgjayqjzj
    Baltic
    - English, German, Russian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian (most improved one): http://www.mediafire.com/?zmmyonlmyzz
    Asian (with Chinese - Apac1): http://www.mediafire.com/?qzgwi3iyyvz

(Request yours too! I want a global translation!
    1st CFW with the idea of a massive translation ever!)

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
    CFWs were made with red product codes, so download red firmwares instead other colors...

Download my Must-Have package (with apps, themes and games I couldn't put in my Custom FW) here:
    http://ul.to/b8x1xt

Cheers!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Custom Firmware (Euro1): v40.0.006TE by PedroCst

My phone was succesfully flashed! It works, but there are few things that didn't work...

Download custom firmware by ul.to from the first post. I'll update it to v.40.0.007TE in a few days!

Specially thank you to:
    PHNT, XploitMachine, liliantungary, Zylam Marek, kyleman00 and DON MC.

Thanks also to: Dener, dscobsct, Nokia, DSMA and Mr G.

I've published a "Must-Have" package, with some theme and apps (with custom icons) I like.
    PS: I didn't put them because I had to reduce in 20MB rofs2 file...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Custom Firmware (Euro1): v40.0.006TE by PedroCst

Any screenshots?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoAlves
    Any screenshots?
    Sorry... If you want, you can send me them. Custom fw has Best ScreenSnap installed. But I'll publish my update in some minutes!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Unfortunately, I had a problem with my custom firmware file... . Now, I have to edit it again!!!
    So, my v40.0.007TE custom firmware will be released later.

But... there are also good news: I'll try to put my custom firmware in other common languages and language packs!
    Cheers!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic CFW (Euro1 - more langs soon...): v40.0.006TE by PedroCst

Quote Originally Posted by PedroCst
    Unfortunately, I had a problem with my custom firmware file... . Now, I have to edit it again!!!
    So, my v40.0.007TE custom firmware will be released later.

But... there are also good news: I'll try to put my custom firmware in other common languages and language packs!
    Cheers!
    Thanks. Pls add in chinese language.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic CFW (Euro1 - more langs soon...): v40.0.006TE by PedroCst

Quote Originally Posted by anlimdy22
    Thanks. Pls add in chinese language.
    After update it, I'll try to put it in as much languages as possible (but not the apps... :S).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XM CFW (Euro1 - more langs soon...): v40.0.007TE by PedroCst

After install your new version only 5 icons apear on menu!!! And it's impossible to acces anywere....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XM CFW (Euro1 - more langs soon...): v40.0.007TE by PedroCst

Quote Originally Posted by jacxon4
    After install your new version only 5 icons apear on menu!!! And it's impossible to acces anywere....
    Did you backup your phone contents?
    If yes, problem is there! If no, I have to remove Zylam Marex's refined menu (fortunately, I've backed up old first...).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PedroCst
    Did you backup your phone contents?
    If yes, problem is there! If no, I have to remove Zylam Marex's refined menu (fortunately, I've backed up old first...).

EDIT: No one must download new version yet, because of Zylam Marex's menu. If this isn't correctable, I'll remove it.
    Ja se pode instalar o soft ou ainda nao?
    Can we install the firmware or just not yet?

obrigado

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast