Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: N97 21.0.045 "IMPEPATA DI ROM V2" <== WITH FREE 20 CAPS ROOT CERT

Quote Originally Posted by nicesoni_ash
    Will this same dat file can also work with FP2 too like N96.. Btw nice Idea.. Thnx
    I Think it should, however I don't know if fp2 repository contains different certificates than n97, you just have to try.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    that's the whole point. once you have this root cert in your firmware, you will be able to use the same certificate to sign rom patcher, run installserver and you're good to go.
    IMO it's more useful to have the phone already hacked from the begining. Now we have the option to have RP with autostart with the new mod that Steven25 have posted this afternoon. But there's nothing against to recognize the great job that Alex_I has made with this cert.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SLaRe
    IMO it's more useful to have the phone already hacked from the begining. Now we have the option to have RP with autostart with the new mod that Steven25 have posted this afternoon. But there's nothing against to recognize the great job that Alex_I has made with this cert.
    If a new version of rp+ comes out, you won't be able to upgrade if you embedded it into firmware as long as you don't embed also a stub .sis file for rompatcher in rom, specifically in /System/install ; however final results are the same, just two ways of doing the thing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

one question guys , if i want to replace only the certificates where to place them , i dont want the whole thing , i want to hack z and include the certificate file inside too so how and if its possible and where to place them , thanks in advance .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dist4rbed
    one question guys , if i want to replace only the certificates where to place them , i dont want the whole thing , i want to hack z and include the certificate file inside too so how and if its possible and where to place them , thanks in advance .
    first off, you'll need to have a 20 cap certificate

then i believe you'll have to do something to swistore.dat

then the rest alex can answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dist4rbed
    Like I wrote in the readme & in the first post, if you want to cook your own firmware with myFreeSign certificate embedded, just download my pack from the first post, and replace \resource\swicertstore.dat in your ROFS2 with swicertstore.dat in the .rar archive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i think he meant to say with his own certificate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Then he needs to go to the symbian developer website, register, download and install the ADT, PDT, PDK for Symbian^3 (along with the prereqs), if still not available in the pdk tools binary archives, he needs to download the security and appinst platform packages and compile them to have the command-line tools needed; when done, extract his rofs, convert to human-readable form the swicertstore.dat file with certapp tool, then make a test key with makekeys tool, add it to the swicertstore.txt converted database (being sure to add proper caps and proper app client ids), then reconvert the new swicertstore into binary form, then replace the standard one in ROFS2 with the augmented one, repack and flash.

The makekeys tool however doesn't allow the creation of a certificate with no expiration date; so if he wants a cert without expiry date he has to create one with the right properties from openssl command line directly or by other means.

I leave as an excercise to the reader undestanding the command line tools and openssl usage aswell as human-readable file format; symbian platform reference guide does help.

As I already did all of the above, and shared openly the certificate with its own private key, I think it's pointless to create another for the average end user; however it could be fun (at least it was for me).

P.S.

- if I recall correctly only winxp sp2 and win server 2003 are supported platforms for compiling with the pdk.

- navigating thru the source code archives is a little mess as of now, with the license migration being still in progress.

- exporting the cert and key files to a format which siscontents does not complain with (so to use them for signing) requires a little thinkering.

- source code compilation can require&#160;*lots* of free space (up to 10 gigs), and some thinkering with windows configuration and directory. management

- it can be a little frustrating if packages need to be compiled.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

is it can working on code:0575722 rom505

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

it will work with any product code as long as you have the same RM number

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast