Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: N97 21.0.045 "IMPEPATA DI ROM V1" <== WITH FREE 20 CAPS ROOT CERT

Quote Originally Posted by maler
    then install rompatcher 2.3full not lite and its copy the lld same and phone is hacked thanks this cert is unbelievable
    Is autorun still on after restarting the phone mate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vaterix
    Is autorun still on after restarting the phone mate?
    Of course.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

+1 Truly great. Me and some mates of mine were talking about this earlier in another thread, but no one knew how to make certificates. So I guess you did it. Out of curiosity though, how did you do it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    +1 Truly great. Me and some mates of mine were talking about this earlier in another thread, but no one knew how to make certificates. So I guess you did it. Out of curiosity though, how did you do it?
    I used the Symbian platform reference documentation on Symbian foundation's developer website http://developer.symbian.org to understand how the Symbian Platform stores certificates in the device, and how to handle certificates stores on pc, for which they supply a tool facility in one of the platform packages.

Next I had to understand the requirements and characteristics that a certificate must comply with to use it for content signing verification, for which purpose they provide a pc tool (in another package of the platform) to create certs on pc; I created a test cert with this tool, tested it and it worked; however I wanted a cert with no-expiry date, so I created a new cert direcly with openssl which met the symbian requirements, but without an expiry date (the symbian tool doesn't allow a non expiring certificate).

Once I had the certificate i wanted, I added it to the standard certificate store file, gave it access to all 20 capabilities, then replaced swicertstore.dat file on the ROFS2 with my new one, flashed the phone, signed rompatcher+ (which need critical caps like 'AllFiles', 'DRM', and 'TCB') with the cert I created and embedded , and verified that it would install and work as normal.

Then I just shared the results

Basically, I don't like playing much with very low-level stuff, I didn't want to hack it out of the box, I wanted a clean solution which gives me the CHOICE to eventually OWN my phone without hacking it; also I didn't like to embed only patcher.ldd and patchershadow.ldd because then I would always need a devcert to install rompatcher+ lite, and didn't want to embed it directly because of the autostart problem when running from z:\ which annoyed me a lot.

For my taste, this is the perfect solution.

And also, it was fun

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jipee296
    thanks for this.. Going to try this on the weekend.. Btw, is this compatible on rm507?
    I think it should, but don't take me on this; if you want to be sure, download the 21.0.045 ROFS2 file matching your phone's product code, then copy my swicertstore.dat into it with nokiaeditor; just replace the default one in \resource .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

+1 about the swicertstore.dat file
    can u give seperate the swicertstore.dat file for me pls

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

by flash phone,now i hava a Modo with 20 capabilities,how could i install root cer to phone, i try so much,but i cant install root cer.
    5630XM ver:13.009

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

alex_l

+1 to you mate for your work, looking forward for new mods/hacks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Good Job Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by alex_l
    I didn't like to embed only patcher.ldd and patchershadow.ldd because then I would always need a devcert to install rompatcher+ lite
    Actually, RP+ lite can be signed with OpenSigned online too... you don't need a devcert.

You could also add the LeftUp Root-CA instead of your own CA, this way, it would be possible to install immediately the full RP+ .sisx package which has been already signed with the LeftUp 20caps cert.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kirpeace
    +1 about the swicertstore.dat file
    can u give seperate the swicertstore.dat file for me pls
    You can find the .dat file in the .rar i linked in the first post bro

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast