Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 89 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NEW 6TH COOKED FIRMWARE 22/10(UPDATED) WITH MANY CHANGES PREINSTALLED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    @solid0snake
    I had the exact same problem.. :P
    Where are these patches? What patches do i need?

Im kinda new to the hacking and patching scene.

Why do i need patches in the first place?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NEW 6TH COOKED FIRMWARE 22/10(UPDATED) WITH MANY CHANGES PREINSTALLED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by appleorangefruit
    no bro... after u started ur phone wid out memory card, insert the memory card back.... and wait for exactly 1 minute... donot touch screen or press any button...after a minute connect ur phone to pc in mass storage mode...
    then delete sys system private resources folder from memory card.....
    then safely eject the memory card...
    restart ur phone.... it will boot wid out any problem wid memory card in....

It worked for me but the thing is that i lost all of my apps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jounin
    Think about this for a sec guys, how was Nokia able to increase CPU speed from 369MHz to 434MHz by updating from firmware v11 to v20 and onwards. Check this link http://nokiapp.com/2009/08/06/did-yo...has-increased/ and according to the specifications of the ARM11 from what I have heard it's rated at 600MHz but Nokia underclocked it to improve battery life. Now if Nokia did I'm sure our modders can do it to. But it would be up to us users to determine if we want more speed because obviously if u increase the CPU speed that will decrease the battery life but I'm sure we could still get a bit more performance and not hit the battery life to much. Anyway I found a file that is said to increase the CPU but I don't know for sure I'll attach it if anyone wants to try it out. You're suppose to place it in C:\private\10202be9\20001079.txt or Z:\private\10202be9\20001079.txt. To change the CPU speed to what you want just open 20001079.txt and look for 0x00040006 string "clockspeed" 0
    0x00040007 int 434 0 and change the 434 to whatever you desire but I wouldn't recommend going over 600MHz.

ATTENTION I will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused. Try at your own risk!!!!

If this way doesn't work there must be someway to do it like how Nokia did it

The file's attached so you can try it if you want
    I tried too, and the benchmark still be around 434MHz (one time 442 and after 437 MHz).
    I changed the 20001079.txt but it didn't exist before in C:/Private/10202be9/ so I changed the C:/Private/10202be9/persists/20001079.cre (switch 0xDC by 0xFC and 0xA3 : 220 to 252 and 163) and I didn't notice anything ... (reboot after every modification)

I didn't touch to Z: so I had just test a part.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by solid0snake
    Where are these patches? What patches do i need?

Im kinda new to the hacking and patching scene.

Why do i need patches in the first place?
    You will need: #20 All patches.zip. Extract the "Patches" folder to your memory card (Ex: E:/Patches). Most CFW already contain these patches, but this one doesn't.
    Patches modify the working of some internal parts of the firmware. To use this CFW proper I recommend to enable "Install server RP+" and "Open4All". "Install server RP+" allows you to install .sis containers without signing it, "Open4All" allows you to access system folders on the internal memory using software like X-Plore. AFAIK, "Open4All" is also required for the 'cache from c to e' mod used in this CFW, otherwise you cant use the native browser to surf the web.
    Use ROMpatcher+ to enable or disable patches. You can also add patches to the "Auto" modus, this will then start the patch automatically every time you start your 5800. Do this for "Install server RP+" and "Open4All". Hope this helps.
    Feel free to PM me if you still got any questions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    You will need: #20 All patches.zip. Extract the "Patches" folder to your memory card (Ex: E:/Patches). Most CFW already contain these patches, but this one doesn't.
    Patches modify the working of some internal parts of the firmware. To use this CFW proper I recommend to enable "Install server RP+" and "Open4All". "Install server RP+" allows you to install .sis containers without signing it, "Open4All" allows you to access system folders on the internal memory using software like X-Plore. AFAIK, "Open4All" is also required for the 'cache from c to e' mod used in this CFW, otherwise you cant use the native browser to surf the web.
    Use ROMpatcher+ to enable or disable patches. You can also add patches to the "Auto" modus, this will then start the patch automatically every time you start your 5800. Do this for "Install server RP+" and "Open4All". Hope this helps.
    Feel free to PM me if you still got any questions.
    Thx worked like a charm.

I'm quite satisfied with this custom fw. For now everything seems working. I've tried a lot of fw and one of them had the orange hs.

Is it possible to integrate the orange homescreen after flashing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah its easy to do mate seach for the mega combo pack for home screens worked a treat for me.. simple SIS install.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madweegie
    yeah its easy to do mate seach for the mega combo pack for home screens worked a treat for me.. simple SIS install.
    Thx, i've done that but the orange hs is somehow corrupted. The captions of the entries are some random square symbols.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey I'm kinda new with this theme modding. Does this only work with RM-356 Nokia type or can it also work with RM-428?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by appleorangefruit
    i tried it... no difference....
    and i dont think this txt file is for nokia 5800.. ?
    oh well back to the drawing board. but do you think that it would b possible tho ? i mean given that nokia did it would one of the modders b able to do it to ? that would be pretty kool

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@appleorangefruit
    Hi! mate.I judt trird your 6th cfw but why I cant connect to gprs adn or WIFI. All widget on the internet folder is useless without connecting to internet of course. any solution on this?

Page 89 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast