Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 29 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NEW 5TH COOKED FIRMWARE 13/2/10(UPDATED) WITH MANY CHANGES PREINSTALLED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bok87
    the rompacther not work..
    in the 6th cfw i solved almost all the bugs like call problem... rompatcher etc..
    ill soon release it..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NEW 5TH COOKED FIRMWARE 13/2/10(UPDATED) WITH MANY CHANGES PREINSTALLED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by khalifahmad
    hey, why i cant use garmin after flashing using 13th cfw my phone wont boot if i install garmin in my phone, but when i just remove d memory card, it start as usual.. and she also start when i remove the garmin.. hey, can i remove ovi map from z? but how
    Hi, khalifahmad
    as u said if u remove ur memory card garmin works fine, that means the problem is with some apps installed in memorycard and not bcoz of the cfw... because if it is caused by my cfw , then even if u remove ur memory card it should not work but in ur case after removing MC work that means the MC is causing problem... try formatting ur Mc and phone memory and install garmin back... let me know...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by appleorangefruit
    in the 6th cfw i solved almost all the bugs like call problem... rompatcher etc..
    ill soon release it..
    Ok thanks..
    +r

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gforcexx
    @appleorangefruit:

Couple of issues with v5 of your CFW:
    1. I cannot seem to start rompatcher at all? Even a hard reset and a reflash didn't help.
    2. Everytime I boot up the phone, a "system error" message comes up just before the homescreen appears.
    3. Ovi Maps is a complete mess now. I can't seem to change any settings at all.
    4. All voice options for voice guidance are disabled now and it just says "none". How do I change to it my preferred setting (eg: UK English female)?
    5. I get a blank square next to "Silent" at the top of the home screen instead of a musical note. Maybe Comic Sans doesn't have that character in its set.

Suggestions for v6:
    1. Change the default font to Tabitha or September. I've uploaded Tabitha HERE. September is on my other laptop so I'll post that later in the day.
    2. Remove Azenis XM as the default theme. It is pretty heavy and to be honest, doesn't look all that great.
    3. Remove apps that are highly customizable from the CFW - stuff like Ovi Maps. Sure they take up 8-10MBs of space on the C: drive but then I have more than 75MB available.
    4. As someone else mentioned, change the boot up image to something more Nokia-ish. Even a simple one like THIS, THIS or THIS would be better than any Apple logo.

yeah...i have the same problem with you bro..and i restore it to CFW v4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by letmein

yeah...i have the same problem with you bro..and i restore it to CFW v4
    @gforcexx/letmein:
    For your problems, these could be possible solutions.
    1) Rompatcher crashes when it does not find a "Patches" folder either in C or E. By default, this CFW does not have such a folder in it, and neither does it put one on C. So you can put the folder with the patches on E and then try starting it. (To verify, pls check if Rom patcher shows its popup notice atleast b4 crashing)

2) The "System error" appears as there is no boot file in the CFW's specified boot path on C:/Resource/Apps. Try putting a startup.gif and startup.mp3 file there and the error shouldlnt appear.

3) Integrating Ovi maps is pretty hard with all features working at them moment, mostly coz many functions in it are hardcoded to search/use C: drive by default, not Z:. This could possible be solved by installing and then uninstalling Ovi maps once in C: after flashing with the CFW. (Havent tested, not sure)

4) Same as 3

5) Exactly as you said it. Fonts need to be personalized and the special symbols used by nokia phones need to be added to them. I guess the font used in this CFW is not tweaked as needed.

I think fonts which display clear, readable characters while fitting maximum content in less space are probably the best. September is a good example, dunno about Tabitha

Also, please use some really light wieght themes as default as the phone actually runs faster than out of the box, when using some of these themes. Its always good to have them handy when you need them.

Lastly, the Nokia splashscreens you posted are quite good

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bok87
    the rompacther not work..
    please paste patches folder in memory card and then start the rompatcher...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ajayjohn
    @gforcexx/letmein:
    For your problems, these could be possible solutions.
    1) Rompatcher crashes when it does not find a "Patches" folder either in C or E. By default, this CFW does not have such a folder in it, and neither does it put one on C. So you can put the folder with the patches on E and then try starting it. (To verify, pls check if Rom patcher shows its popup notice atleast b4 crashing)

2) The "System error" appears as there is no boot file in the CFW's specified boot path on C:/Resource/Apps. Try putting a startup.gif and startup.mp3 file there and the error shouldlnt appear.

3) Integrating Ovi maps is pretty hard with all features working at them moment, mostly coz many functions in it are hardcoded to search/use C: drive by default, not Z:. This could possible be solved by installing and then uninstalling Ovi maps once in C: after flashing with the CFW. (Havent tested, not sure)

4) Same as 3

5) Exactly as you said it. Fonts need to be personalized and the special symbols used by nokia phones need to be added to them. I guess the font used in this CFW is not tweaked as needed.

I think fonts which display clear, readable characters while fitting maximum content in less space are probably the best. September is a good example, dunno about Tabitha

Also, please use some really light wieght themes as default as the phone actually runs faster than out of the box, when using some of these themes. Its always good to have them handy when you need them.

Lastly, the Nokia splashscreens you posted are quite good
    thanks a lot ajay....
    i have already corrected the bugs in 6th cfw... now going to add new features....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hello mate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madutzu23
    Hello mate.
    hello

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

can someone please upload september font .... i googled it, am not getting....

Page 29 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast