Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 232
  1. #171
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Quote Originally Posted by steven25
    Still trying to solve this, wont work, think files will have to be edited so they run from z:
    isnt better to make 'clear' fw and let the user install apps he likes?

  2. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,550
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Quote Originally Posted by N5800V5
    Read my post above.
    why not revive your phone with JAF?

  3. #173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    382
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Quote Originally Posted by steven25
    [b]you dont need all files you only need the core.prd.c00 which is mcu, rofs2 which is ppm, rofs3 with is cnt, if just updating the rofs2 file, and already hard reset, and got all you settings, apps setup and install, make sure apac is not lit up, as this file hard resets your phone so deactive it then flash[b/]
    A bit ambiguous. Can you explain a little, can we update to ur hacked one from normal v40 without hard reset.

  4. #174
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Just one thing. You SHOULDNT distribute files like that. Always zip/rar file first, before uploading. Why?
    Transfer within internet isn't 100% realiable, and some data corruption may occur. Having plain files is DANGEROUS, becouse in case of bad transfer phone BRICKING is possible.
    If file is zipped/rared, if errors occur content inside becomes unextractable, so u cant make a mistake (got ur phone BRICKED) using a CORRUPTED file.

    So keep this in mind, cos it will limit amount of bricks. Most of them are due corrupted files, especially from sharing platform such as RS.

  5. #175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    933
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185
    A bit ambiguous. Can you explain a little, can we update to ur hacked one from normal v40 without hard reset.
    in jaf when you select your files for flash, deactive apac, phone wont be formatted

  6. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    933
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Quote Originally Posted by darek.xan
    Just one thing. You SHOULDNT distribute files like that. Always zip/rar file first, before uploading. Why?
    Transfer within internet isn't 100% realiable, and some data corruption may occur. Having plain files is DANGEROUS, becouse in case of bad transfer phone BRICKING is possible.
    If file is zipped/rared, if errors occur content inside becomes unextractable, so u cant make a mistake (got ur phone BRICKED) using a CORRUPTED file.

    So keep this in mind, cos it will limit amount of bricks. Most of them are due corrupted files, especially from sharing platform such as RS.
    thanks for the advice +1 didnt realise

  7. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    165
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    @Steven25

    mate,

    please help me

    i send you a personal message


    More power and Thanks

  8. #178
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    I am new and I dont get it. what does this really do?

  9. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    166
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Has anyone started working on N97 customisable HomeScreen on 5800 (as a part of custom firmware)?
    That would be great!

  10. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    933
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT!!!! UPDATED check first post

    Quote Originally Posted by mayurkuhate
    Has anyone started working on N97 customisable HomeScreen on 5800 (as a part of custom firmware)?
    That would be great!
    At moment not possible until we can edit the prd.core.c00 file


 
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 5800 v40 part custom firmware PNHT (Scandinavian Languages)
    By tipu2185 in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 06:31 AM
  2. Nokia 5800 - RM356 v40 - Xploit Machine's XFW - High Stability Firmware
    By xploitmachine in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 04:23 AM
  3. Data and Application Packages for Custom Firmware. Post It Here
    By borjok536 in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 08:25 AM
  4. n97 mini v11 part custom firmware for test!! PNHT
    By steven25 in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 12:12 AM
  5. n97 v21 part custom firmware test!!! PNHT
    By steven25 in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 08:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •