Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default (Help) How to solve "Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." error????

    Hi all , thanks for your time , im having a problem with my nokia 5800 XM

    ...one day when i turned it on it said :"Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." <i have this problem for 2 weeks now...i tried flashing , all methods , different cfw-s and lately with the nokia original firmware . nothing wrong with fw i guess ...but i dont know how to boot in normaly as before

    please someone help me before i take it to a local nokia store because i dont want to spend money
    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,264
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Must Read | Please please I need an urgent help ! :(

    Quote Originally Posted by nardinardi
    Hi all , thanks for your time , im having a problem with my nokia 5800 XM

    ...one day when i turned it on it said :"Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." <i have this problem for 2 weeks now...i tried flashing , all methods , different cfw-s and lately with the nokia original firmware . nothing wrong with fw i guess ...but i dont know how to boot in normaly as before

    please someone help me before i take it to a local nokia store because i dont want to spend money
    thanks in advance
    which cfw u r using.........try to my cfw
    ....if not then....try to delete....private,, sys,, system,,, resources...from mmc and then flash....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22,336
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Must Read | Please please I need an urgent help ! :(

    When creating a topic try to write an informative and not too lengthy heading, the heading should state clearly the subject of the topic.... "Help! my phone is broken / Need Help" is not very helpful to others and may not get proper attention / replies from members.

    Topic Title Now Edited

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Must Read | Please please I need an urgent help ! :(

    i thought the problem might be the cfw so i flashed with original files . and yes i have tried to flash with your cfw its nice i tried about 4 cfw-s man but different cfw or ofw doesnt seems to fix it

    @amarjit sorry dude +1 for ur work

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,599
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Help) How to solve "Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." error????

    Rem0ve battery check the pr0duct number and d0wnl0ad OFW file c0rresp0nding to that pr0duct number using navifirm then re4mat mmc then flash. And f0ll0w y0ur current versi0n. D0 a clean flash.,Feedback

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Help) How to solve "Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." error????

    Quote Originally Posted by nevar27
    Rem0ve battery check the pr0duct number and d0wnl0ad OFW file c0rresp0nding to that pr0duct number using navifirm then re4mat mmc then flash. And f0ll0w y0ur current versi0n. D0 a clean flash.,Feedback
    my product code has been changed during flashes and i think i have lately changed to EURO 1 RED RM-356 .... i downloaded those original files and tried to flash...also i dont know how to reformat mmc without my phone cuz i dont have any other way to connect it to my pc..

  7. #7
    Moderator devilyazdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,339
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Help) How to solve "Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." error????

    Quote Originally Posted by nardinardi
    my product code has been changed during flashes and i think i have lately changed to EURO 1 RED RM-356 .... i downloaded those original files and tried to flash...also i dont know how to reformat mmc without my phone cuz i dont have any other way to connect it to my pc..
    Can you tell the exact procedure you are following?
    Have you tried flashing with ofw? From Navifirm...
    Also, try flashing with a BLANK uda n without your memory card inserted.
    I can attach a blank uda for you here.
    -=DevilYazdan=-

    ..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Help) How to solve "Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." error????

    Quote Originally Posted by devilyazdan
    Can you tell the exact procedure you are following?
    Have you tried flashing with ofw? From Navifirm...
    Also, try flashing with a BLANK uda n without your memory card inserted.
    I can attach a blank uda for you here.
    yes , i downloaded files via navifirm and flashing with JAF .
    i selected manual flash dead usb factory set normal mode , all other fields are empty , then selected USE INI > flash > yes > power button > *process done* > restarted and >> error

    Finishing CMT session...
    Restarting CMT...
    Pooling phone...
    MCUSW: V ICPR72_10w29_tube1
    24-05-11
    RM-356
    (c) Nokia
    APESW: V 60.0.003
    VariantSW: V 60.0.003
    Prodcode: 0558982
    Setting test mode...
    Setting FULL FACTORY...
    Operation took 0 minutes 6 seconds...
    Done!
    Done!


    give me the UDA file

  9. #9
    Moderator devilyazdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,339
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Help) How to solve "Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." error????

    Quote Originally Posted by nardinardi
    yes , i downloaded files via navifirm and flashing with JAF .
    i selected manual flash dead usb factory set normal mode , all other fields are empty , then selected USE INI > flash > yes > power button > *process done* > restarted and >> error

    Finishing CMT session...
    Restarting CMT...
    Pooling phone...
    MCUSW: V ICPR72_10w29_tube1
    24-05-11
    RM-356
    (c) Nokia
    APESW: V 60.0.003
    VariantSW: V 60.0.003
    Prodcode: 0558982
    Setting test mode...
    Setting FULL FACTORY...
    Operation took 0 minutes 6 seconds...
    Done!
    Done!


    give me the UDA file
    ok remove your mmc n try flashing. Also, here's the uda.
    Rename it or do a manual flash.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -=DevilYazdan=-

    ..Follow the Rules..
    ..Maintain Discipline..

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    773
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Help) How to solve "Phone start-up failed , contact the retailer." error????

    i fixed mine by just doing a hard reset. (green, red, camera, power keys). have you deleted something on your phone's C: drive before that problem occur? mine was, I've deleted the homescreen templates on my C: drive, then when i reboot, it prompts me that the start up failed and contact the retailer... blah blah... i cant also flash my phone when it happend to me, as the pc was unable to detect the phone.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. " phone startup failed contact the retailer" what to do???
    By ravindervermas in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 09:23 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 07:31 PM
  5. 5800 phone start up failed contact the retailer, corrupted firmware
    By adhossain in forum General Symbian Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 02:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •