Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: N97 mini dead after flashing, Suggestions required

Quote Originally Posted by lana_naky
    Maybe like that,...i will try anymore,...
    this 100% best method by me support all bb5 u need to have install new pcsuit first

or

1. Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver_rel_7_1_29_0_eng.m si

http://rapidshare.com/files/38258591...1_29_0_eng.msi

2. Nokia_Flashing_Cable_Driver_v8.23.0.0.msi

http://rapidshare.com/files/38560613..._v8.23.0.0.msi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Lol I thought no warez on dailymobile YET people post pkey emus which are basically cracks? Very hypocritical -.-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Betas
    Lol I thought no warez on dailymobile YET people post pkey emus which are basically cracks? Very hypocritical -.-
    emulator is a very important part of the JAF software to flash your phone without it you will not be able to initiate the flashing process
    If you think its hypocritical then try flashing yourself without the emulator
    Good luck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

okay. now i need to explain the difference.

first let us define what phoenix is and is not.

phoenix is a flashing a repair software used by Nokia themselves at service centers. the ones you are seeing are "modified" versions of that said software to work without the hardware dongle used by nokia.

phoenix is not for sale and will never be.

other symbian and windows\mac software are sold to the market and are being protected through various methods to avoid people from sharing it. whenever someone cracks these protections, they make the software company or the person developing the application lose profit.

phoenix is a repair tool that is not intended for end users but greatly helps many people to fix their mobile phones without the need to have it repaired at a service center. it's like using an application that can alter the mobile phone in so many ways but no warranties come with it.

i hope you understood the difference.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tysonraylee
    emulator is a very important part of the JAF software to flash your phone without it you will not be able to initiate the flashing process
    If you think its hypocritical then try flashing yourself without the emulator
    Good luck
    @oreo, I am not talking about JAF or Phoenix, I'm on about the pkey emu. "Modified" means reversed so they work without a dongle - which is the anti-piracy technique therefore the "mod" is a "crack".
    @tyson: The dongle is an anti-piracy measure such as a serial key or server-end activation. Old windows apps such as Autocad required users to insert a USB or COM dongle to ensure the software was bought properly (thereby with a dongle) as opposed to getting it through means that violate copyright laws. As pkey emu is an "emulator" of a dongle, it is working on a derivative of reverse engineering therefore is considered a crack. If I was to yap on about not being able to get JAF working with a pkey emu then complain, thats IS hypocritical but but last I remember... I have not said anything of the sort but merely pointed out that the "emulator" is a crack which is a violation of rules but which the mods seems to think that an "emu" and "crack" are different things and because it allows CFW flashing, its allowed -.-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@oreo, I am not talking about JAF or Phoenix, I'm on about the pkey emu. "Modified" means reversed so they work without a dongle - which is the anti-piracy technique therefore the "mod" is a "crack".
    @tyson: The dongle is an anti-piracy measure such as a serial key or server-end activation. Old windows apps such as Autocad required users to insert a USB or COM dongle to ensure the software was bought properly (thereby with a dongle) as opposed to getting it through means that violate copyright laws. As pkey emu is an "emulator" of a dongle, it is working on a derivative of reverse engineering therefore is considered a crack. If I was to yap on about not being able to get JAF working with a pkey emu then complain, thats IS hypocritical but but last I remember... I have not said anything of the sort but merely pointed out that the "emulator" is a crack which is a violation of rules but which the mods seems to think that an "emu" and "crack" are different things and because it allows CFW flashing, its allowed -.-
    as for the pkey emulator, it emulates the presence of a pkey dongle coupled with the jaf box. i won't debate with your morality if you believe that is piracy but i truly believe it is not. the dongle, in jaf's case, is provided to prevent other hardware to be used with it, not software piracy. if you know the history of jaf, it was started by a group of people who ended up splitting in two groups that are on two opposite ends.

one group who sells jaf along with the box and pkey dongle and another who releases the emulator to use jaf without the pkey dongle. they are constantly updating on each end which is kind of ironic if you ask me.

what are we left with? the software side of things which is like what i said in previous post, "i take it as a pre-alpha release of a tool which may or may not work". it's like firefox and forcing the compatibility of an add on, no guarantees, but it just might work.

piracy in my definition book is when you sell or give away something that isn't yours to begin with. like a windows os you copied, cracked and released through torrents or rapidshare or whatever.

like if someone would post a full version of quickoffice here, i would delete their post and warn them so fast, they'll be surprised. they're a legitimate software comany who invested in research and time to make the project happen and the have all the right in the world to earn from their efforts. if someone would crack their software, they're losing a lot of potential customers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

can you share the CFW files for n97mini v 12? i want to flash my phone too.

sary for bad english

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tysonraylee
    yaaaaaaaahhhhhoooooooooooooooooooo
    chandarakk you are the best!!!1
    i am going to dance now
    yes literally dance now!!!!!!!!!!
    the flash was successful
    i got the startup animation
    and the theme effects are working awesomely fine
    now to see whether the phone is hacked or not :P :P
    Yes installed rompatcher and working successfullyy
    Note hone is a bit slow
    hey dude there is another method for flashing 97mini after all setting click for flash when it search for phone just only plug in usb cable conn. to 97mini (but phone must be switched off) it works for me...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I m also searching for CFW which may work for my 97 mini...plz tell me.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456