Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 31 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [GUIDE] Flashing your phone with a CFW (Full Video and Text tutorial)

Hi noob here, When i tried downloading the firmware using navifirm i could find multiple variants with the same product code, also one of the variants had 8 files the remaining had 7 files so which one of these should i use, i have attached the screenshot with multiple variants

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [GUIDE] Flashing your phone with a CFW (Full Video and Text tutorial)

Quote Originally Posted by vasanth.king
    Hi noob here, When i tried downloading the firmware using navifirm i could find multiple variants with the same product code, also one of the variants had 8 files the remaining had 7 files so which one of these should i use, i have attached the screenshot with multiple variants
    actually what you just need are core files (.c00), rofs2 file, rofs3 file and the uda file.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanx mate ran into another problem when i click on GO in the pkey tool i get an error stating that Box driver missing. When i click ok the program launches however even after ticking use ini and selecting RM588 from the listbox JAF cannot find the firmware files even though i have placed the files in the folder. I have attached the screenshots below

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vasanth.king
    Thanx mate ran into another problem when i click on GO in the pkey tool i get an error stating that Box driver missing. When i click ok the program launches however even after ticking use ini and selecting RM588 from the listbox JAF cannot find the firmware files even though i have placed the files in the folder. I have attached the screenshots below
    mate do the following steps for flashing

uncheck use ini

select MCU => go to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356 => select RM-356_51.0.006_prd.core.C0r

select PPM => go to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356 => select RM-356_51.0.006_prd.rofs2.V01

select CNT=>go to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356 => select RM-356_51.0.006_prd.rofs3

select APE Variant => go to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356 => select
    RM-356_51.0.006_026_000_U01.uda.fpsx

and note if u r goin to flash with c6 based CFW then there is no rofs2 so u can leave it blank as such no problem ll

rise cos of that.

all d best.hope it helps. Cheesy.hit thanks if it helped u...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi, can I use this CFW with my 5530 using Windows 7?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sany7874
    Hi, can I use this CFW with my 5530 using Windows 7?
    ofcos u can mate .......

take alook at the following CFW

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=30460.90

and shadow ninty has ported pirates release too and also xtension by upakul ..take alook ...

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=31254.0

hope it helps ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me, I have a 5230 . I just attempted to flash electrons CFW along side the latest Core firmware listed in navfirm. Once the flash completed the phone reset and the screen was flashing black and white and the lcd looked like is was swooshing round the screen, So after shitting myself and thinking ive bricked my phone, i decided to use all the files from navifirm and flashed again and its now working!!! But,,,, i want custom firmware primarily for unsigned programs. can anyone suggest a good CFW i can use with RM-588 21.6.005

thank you in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ive tried 10 rm-588 cfws now and still having no joy, the phone simply refuses to boot after flashing :-(( please is there anyone who can shed some light on what im doing wrong?? this is what im doing..

1. Selecting original core file for MCU
    2. Selecting rofs2 file for PPM
    3. Selecting rofs3 file CNT
    Selecting Manual Flash, Dead USB and Normal Mode.

Deselecting CRT308 and Use INI

Clicking FLash.

Thats it, what am i doing wrong??

Thank you so much in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thedadio
    Ive tried 10 rm-588 cfws now and still having no joy, the phone simply refuses to boot after flashing :-(( please is there anyone who can shed some light on what im doing wrong?? this is what im doing..

1. Selecting original core file for MCU
    2. Selecting rofs2 file for PPM
    3. Selecting rofs3 file CNT
    Selecting Manual Flash, Dead USB and Normal Mode.

Deselecting CRT308 and Use INI

Clicking FLash.

Thats it, what am i doing wrong??

Thank you so much in advance
    u shud select crt and deselect use INI ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I do the steps just like in the image but when i click use ini and select my phone(Nokia 5230 RM-58 it doesn't find the firmware files saying something about not finding any ini files. So i just selected the files one by one manually as you said and when everything was fine i clicked flash and it said phone found but the it says error reading phone init files... Can someone help me?

Page 31 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast