Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Cooking FW questions re: Upakul, Mr.X & pirate_killer's cfw tricks

First of all, Thanks to all those who helped others in making their own CFWs for their phone. I have been reading some threads to initially understand what needs to be done to make a CFW. I was able to get the tools needed already such as Navifirm, NokiaEditor Beta 7, JAF=Pkey_Emu, and Sis Contents.

I already understand the concept of extracting and repacking the fw files I downloaded from navifirm.

And here's what I need to understand and need to do:

1. I want to incorporate Rompatcher to my cfw as v.20 of 5230 doesnt supporrt Hello0x installation. So that If i flash this cfw, all apps would be auto-install and not need to be signed first. HOw do I do this? Where do I get the rompatcher files I need and where do I need to put these exactly?

2. I already read the different mods for the 5800. I want to put some (very few only) to my CFW. What I don't understand is that the file names of some of the folders of the mods are not in the 5230 rofs2. If I am to include let's say one mod like this one:

New Improved KS Mod.zip - Improves Kinetic Scrooling to a great extent and makes the phone faster

Do i just create the 10202be9 folder in rofs2/Private for the mod to be included in the CFW? Will it be okay to use mods for 5800 to the 5230 FW?

3. How do I edit the inbox and outbox name of my phone?

4. How do I delete themes I don't like from the fw and add themes that I like?

Thanks very much in advance to people who would a help a newbie like me. I appreciate it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Beginner in CFW for 5230 Needs Help from You Guys.

1. Just downloaded rompatcher in .sis. Use siscontents to open it and then click extract. You will see that the files are separated by folders like c_private. That means, that the contents are to be place in private folder of rofs2 or rofs3 whichever you like. The .pkg or package file is not to be included, that one is to pack the files into sis.

2. You dont create it as its already there. Yes you can use 5800 mods, but before using them, make sure that all the strings of the .txt files are present in 5230 files as well.

4. Rofs3 contains the default theme. All you need to do is extract a theme of choice like in answer #1 using siscontents. You will find the locations in rofs3 but unlike before, delete first the contents of the folders before pasting your theme. This is so that the default theme will be removed. Since the default theme is removed, you will need to edit the .txt file in rofs3/private/10202be9

Open the .txt file and go the to bottom. You will see this bottom string

0x14 string "20000008" 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail

This 20000008 is to be replaced with the themes UID. To get the themes UID, just go to resource/skins/. That folder inside skins folder has a file name with a combination of letters and numbers, copy that and paste it in the string replacing 20000008

If something is unclear, just post back. Youll find these things a little bit hard to comprehend at first since your new to custom firmware

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    1. Just downloaded rompatcher in .sis. Use siscontents to open it and then click extract. You will see that the files are separated by folders like c_private. That means, that the contents are to be place in private folder of rofs2 or rofs3 whichever you like. The .pkg or package file is not to be included, that one is to pack the files into sis.

2. You dont create it as its already there. Yes you can use 5800 mods, but before using them, make sure that all the strings of the .txt files are present in 5230 files as well.

4. Rofs3 contains the default theme. All you need to do is extract a theme of choice like in answer #1 using siscontents. You will find the locations in rofs3 but unlike before, delete first the contents of the folders before pasting your theme. This is so that the default theme will be removed. Since the default theme is removed, you will need to edit the .txt file in rofs3/private/10202be9

Open the .txt file and go the to bottom. You will see this bottom string

0x14 string "20000008" 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail

This 20000008 is to be replaced with the themes UID. To get the themes UID, just go to resource/skins/. That folder inside skins folder has a file name with a combination of letters and numbers, copy that and paste it in the string replacing 20000008

If something is unclear, just post back. Youll find these things a little bit hard to comprehend at first since your new to custom firmware

Thanks very much for that clear explanation. I understood what you said. will be trying them now.

In addition, here's my new questions:

1. How am I going to include Home Orange Oratsu Homescreen Theme to the CFW?

2. How do I install apps like screensnap, etc. same way as extracting via siscontents and putting in rofs2 folder? I was told I won't be able to update and/or delete the app since it will be in Z. How do I make it part of the firmware but updateable and deletable if need be.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate the efforts members of this forum put into helping people understand things about their phones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, apps installed in Z cant be updated so i advice you to not add apps in Z

Same goes for Orange Tsunami, I think its best to just install it on C:/E: cause you never know when a new mod comes and you would like to update it. If you want, you can do the same method in #1 cause orange tsunami comes in .sis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    Yes, apps installed in Z cant be updated so i advice you to not add apps in Z

Same goes for Orange Tsunami, I think its best to just install it on C:/E: cause you never know when a new mod comes and you would like to update it. If you want, you can do the same method in #1 cause orange tsunami comes in .sis
    thanks again.

1. how do I install/incorporate an application on C:/ on my CFW? If i add it on rofs2, it will be on Z.

2. Should Orange Tsunami be added as an application in Rofs2 or as a theme on Rofs3?

3. another thing. I looked at the different mods available for the 5800, and I found one "File Browser MOd" that I want to use. HOwever when I looked at the folders of this mod, there are two: 102828D6 and 10003a3f.

My 5230 FW only has the 10003a3f folder and not the 102828D6 folder. Can I just add this to "private" or this mod would crash my phone? Am I allowed to add folders?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

1. http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,21075.0.html

2. Just like 1

3. Yes you can make the missing folders

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks very much sir . I greatly appreciate it. will go back to continuing my cfw again.

more power.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

OH my... I just saw now. You are a fellow Filipino. Kumusta Kabayan.

I'm from Bulacan. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Glad to be of help

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

another question:

If my original FW has the exact same folder where a mod should be but the .txt file is missing from the original fw, can I add the .txt file from the mod to the orig FW?

Will it harm my phone?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast