Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default How to remove OVI Maps 3.03 from CFW v50? Upgrade to 3.04 after flash possible?

Hello, I am interested in removing or replacing OVI Maps 3.03 to avoid spending another 10mb after an upgrade to OVI Maps 3.04.
    Has anybody tried this before? Do you think this is possible in a CFW v50?
    regards
    Randolph

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How to remove OVI Maps 3.03 from CFW v50? Upgrade to 3.04 after flash possible?

just download nokia maps 3.04 from http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/software/maps_installer_3.04_10wk17_b07_s60_5.0.Nocs.sis and extract all with siscontents and then integrated it in your CFW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How to remove OVI Maps 3.03 from CFW v50? Upgrade to 3.04 after flash possible?

Thx for the link! Do you think just removing Maps 3.03 makes sense? Or will this mak an update inpossible??

After unpacking Maps 3.04 shall I copy the contents of the "/maps/maps core/install rofs2" folder to my cfw´s ROFS2 folder? Just overwriting maps 3.03?
    I am new in cooking, and still learning :-)
    regards,
    Randolph

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

you can't remove ovi maps 3.03 from CFW v50 core files BUT you can overwrite it just upgrading them... Once you unpack the installer you will see a folder named d_private and then inside 20001F64. Inside that folder is a new maps.sisx with the update file

Just unpack again (there will be plenty of folders) just copy the contents of c_private c_resource and c_sys folders into rofs2 respective folders then cook rom and try running the application

I personally use google maps but well it just a thing of taste xD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you so much, this was what I am looking for ...!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ogdiamond
    Just unpack again (there will be plenty of folders) just copy the contents of c_private c_resource and c_sys folders into rofs2 respective folders then cook rom and try running the application

will it work by simply copying mere c_private c_resource and c_sys folders into rofs2...there appear other folders also on unpacking it...like:
    Open_C_LIBSSL_Common_for_S60_3.2_and_5.0
    Ovi_Maps_Wi-FiNetwork_Positioning
    PIPS_Installer
    Share_location
    Share_location_agent
    Share_location_data
    Share_location_widget
    Standard_C++_library_Common
    Wi-Fi_PSY_ini
    Wi-Fi_Psy_Server_ini
    z_sys
    and some .pkg files too...
    don we need to add them to rofs2?if so to wat location...
    sorry,i'm also new in cooking...

Anyone has tried maps 3.04 in their cfw?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by akks

will it work by simply copying mere c_private c_resource and c_sys folders into rofs2...there appear other folders also on unpacking it...like:
    PIPS_Installer
    Share_location
    Share_location_agent
    Share_location_data
    Share_location_widget
    Wi-Fi_PSY_ini
    Wi-Fi_Psy_Server_ini
    z_sys
    and some .pkg files too...
    don we need to add them to rofs2?if so to wat location...
    sorry,i'm also new in cooking...

Anyone has tried maps 3.04 in their cfw?
    Hello akks,

Some answers:

1) Rename all c_data, c_sys, c_resource, c_private to the same names without the c_ prefix. (Example: "c_resource" becomes "resource")

2) You will se these same folder inside each package that you mentioned. For example, Wi-Fi_PSY_ini has "sys" and "private" inside it. If you want to install any of these package, copy their content to the same named folder on rof2. For example, your "private", folder will contain the original firmware content, the content of "private" of the root of the maps package and the content of any other packages you install.

3) I made it work using the renamed "c_..." folders, and the content of the following packages:

Wi-Fi_PSY_ini
    Wi-Fi_Psy_Server_ini

4) When I say content of the packages, I don`t mean to literally copy the contents of the packages. Look for the "data", "sys", "resource" and "private" folder inside the package contents. They may also be on the package`s sub-sub-sub-folders, so check it carefully.

5) I didn`t delete anything from the original firmware or the maps package. This means that my maps content was bigger than needed because I didn`t delete resources for languages that I don`t use. Try to maintain you rof2 folder under the 32mb size limit after repacking.

6) Be careful if you decide to delete other languages as I heard reports of phones that wouldn`t boot if you did it wrong.

Try it and share the results with us :-D