Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Do .sis files need to be signed to use Szakalits AI.exe ?

Do .sis files need to be signed to use Szakalits AI.exe ?

I am trying in vain to add Gdesk CAPS version (Unsigned) to my CFW that already has ROMPatcher + with auto start installserver.
    I tried using Nokia editor 0.7 and SIScontents to have it install in :z , no joy. After flashing I could see the files on Z with file browser but no icon in applications folder. I then started from scratch and tried :c but again no joy ( I may be doing something wrong but I followed all instructions to the letter and have had success with other .sis files ) This time when looking with file browser I couldnt see any of the files I had added from SIScontents, so I thought I woud try Szakalits AI.exe but before I start woud like to know If I need the files signed? Again I have ROMPatcher + with auto start installserver all working.

If I am doing anything wrong please help or answer the above question

Dont really want to sign the files as if I do decide to release my CFW others wont be able to use it I guess due to the Cert and KEy being my own.

Has anyone else tried to add GDesk and had any luck ?

Thanks guys, if you can see a better way to do this please share your thoughts.

** EDIT**

Just decided to try anyways flashing now will let you know the outcome.

well still no joy, going to download GDesk Signed version and give it a try to see if it is the Cert, Just NON-CAPS version has less functionality so isn't really an option for me as my designs incorporate all the latest indicators from the CAPS version.

Wow this is a late night for me gunna pay for it in a few hours time when I gotta be up ha.
    Dam symbian modding rules my life lately :P
    Well I tried the signed version with AI.exe and still no beans, placed all folders in :z but nothing can browse to C:/phnt and see the .sisx again in filebrowser and even tried a reboot but nothing maybe try E:/phnt then off to bed.

hopefully I may wake in the morning to see someone has answered my prayers

Sorry Guys !!!
    Well that was chicken oriental. Ignore all of the above I have it working now, I must be getting dumber in my old age will explain in morning if anyone is bothered coz im cream crackered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Do .sis files need to be signed to use Szakalits AI.exe ?

So, where was the error? Let me guess, u didn't add AI.exe to the starter, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Do .sis files need to be signed to use Szakalits AI.exe ?

Bingo! Im very much still a noob at all this

So now I have Gdesk CAPS version and all Plugins installing on first boot
    Oh and to answer the title of the thread they didn't need to be signed as rompatcher took care of that.

Now just to edit another starter, I think, to have Gdesk auto start on boot.
    I also have the file responsible for the settings, Im hoping if I drop this in Rofs or use SISContents to add it to the GDesk installer I can have all of my settings applied and my design auto load, well thats the theory anyway just gotta put it into practice, a bit more trail and error on my part now I think, I dont mind not getting it all right first time tho thats half the fun, figuring it out well with the help of this great forum and it members.

**EDIT**

Have managed to have GDesk autostart now just to add config file and I think im done Happy Days