Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 221 of 422 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4215
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

Quote Originally Posted by eone253
    i don't think the term downgrade can be used here as this is a totally different firmware all together...

but when we connect our phone to our PC using JAF, i think that JAF will recognize our phone through the link...right? so it will not matter if we used a ported FW eventhough JAF recognises our phones as different devices?
    it will still be recognized as a 5800 by JAF. you don't need to worry mate. it's simply like flashing a custom firmware. also, yo ucan revert back to the original 5800 firmware if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by melih3d
    I'm not sure if this has been asked before I'm fairly new, but is the firmware going to be available for X6 as well or is that just not possible Thanks.. :-)
    that's a whole different story which hasn't been discussed yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I look for this in the one day to registered in this forum thanks for the great work phnt greetings from Puerto Rico

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chilinvr4
    I look for this in the one day to registered in this forum thanks for the great work phnt greetings from Puerto Rico
    hi,

welcome to dailymobile mate. i suggest you read the forum rules.

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php/topic,441.0.html

enjoy your stay!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TigerCourage
    It's like porting from Nokia to Nokia. That doesn't seem so illegal to me.
    Actually yes it is illegal. I give you an example.

Lets think that you buy a PC with pre-installed Windows XP. Now after some time you want to upgrade the OS to some newer version. If you want to install Windows 7 then you have to buy it. You can't just download a copy of Windows 7 and registration key for it from the internet. You can't do that because that is piracy. and illegal. When you bought your PC you bought a license for Windows XP, that does not give you any right to install Windows 7.

Similarly when you bought Nokia 5800 XPressMusic you bought a license for the firmware in Nokia 5800 XPressMusic, you have no right to download and install firmware of Nokia C6 or Nokia N97 or of any other phone. Because that is piracy and illegal. If you want to use eg. Nokia C6 firmware then you have to buy that phone.

And what PHNT seems to do is spreading pirated software, because he is asking donations then it is not legally much different of selling pirated software.

I find it quite interesting that before Daily Mobile seemed to be quite strict about it that users are not allowed to post links to pirated applications or games. Now suddenly it seems that even some moderars support spreading of pirated firmware. So is Daily Mobile's policy of piracy changed? If it is then sorry but I as a software developer have lost all respect of this site and I am going to walk away from here. Ask from yourself, do you want developer to abandon this site?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gde700
    I already asked whether it would be this firmware - Downgrade. Got the answer - no. Do not believe the boys from PNHT no reason, we will know-a long and successful use.
    I already said, if you do not believe in this project, just keep your off-topic comments out of this thread. Its working 100%. Trust me mate, when this will be relased, you will understand. And this will be released soon (I am not guessing neither kidding)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

this is already too much. i've had enough of this.

---

if it is illegal, please prove it through documentation. not through your so called "words of wisdom"

if you would like to report it and have nokia file legal charges against modders, please, go ahead and do so.

if you haven't thought about it much, do you honestly believe that nokia is not aware of what is going on? they are always aware that these mods are being made and distributed. they regularly check blogs and forums to find out what's happening with their products. if you did work for nokia before, you're supposed to know this. i'm not seeing any protests from them or any legal charges being pressed.

now, if you, personally would like to file charges in behalf of nokia, please go ahead and do so. i respect your decision to leave or forum if you wish. developers will not abandon this site because it is one of the few forums wherein we are very strict when it comes to piracy and warez.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by miksuh
    Actually yes it is illegal. I give you an example.

Lets think that you buy a PC with pre-installed Windows XP. Now after some time you want to upgrade the OS to some newer version. If you want to install Windows 7 then you have to buy it. You can't just download a copy of Windows 7 and registration key for it from the internet. You can't do that because that is piracy. and illegal. When you bought your PC you bought a license for Windows XP, that does not give you any right to install Windows 7.

Similarly when you bought Nokia 5800 XPressMusic you bought a license for the firmware in Nokia 5800 XPressMusic, you have no right to download and install firmware of Nokia C6 or Nokia N97 or of any other phone. Because that is piracy and illegal. If you want to use eg. Nokia C6 firmware then you have to buy that phone.

And what PHNT seems to do is spreading pirated software, because he is asking donations then it is not legally much different of selling pirated software.

I find it quite interesting that before Daily Mobile seemed to be quite strict about it that users are not allowed to post links to pirated applications or games. Now suddenly it seems that even some moderatrs support spreading of pirated firmware. So if Daily Mobile's policy of piracy changed? If it is then sorry but I as a software developer have lost all respect of this site and I am going to walk away from here. Ask from yourself, do you want developer to abandon this site?
    ah..see..there's a big difference in that statement..windows is an OS...much like symbian is an OS for phones...but you see, difference in that is windows OS can't be distributed freely..ie you have to BUY it...and of course you need the key as well....but with symbian firmware, you can get them all FOR FREE via NaviFirm...now correct me if I'm wrong...Do NaviFirm give out UNLICENSED ILLEGAL COPY of firmwares? they don't...right? all firmwares downloaded via NaviFirm are legit copies....

Thus, it is at the expense of the user to use them in whatever way they can think of....which sounds fairly reasonable to me...UNLESS PNHT starts to sell this stuff, then that would make it ILLEGAL...donations are a whole different story..they are used to fund their projects...not to gain profits from their work...

I have my fair share of knowledge in law and stuff...so you might wanna reconsider before you jump into the laws and such...

*enough rambling about this or the forum moderators will warn me again for being off-topic*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    I already said, if you do not believe in this project, just keep your off-topic comments out of this thread. Its working 100%. Trust me mate, when this will be relased, you will understand. And this will be released soon (I am not guessing neither kidding)
    upon hearing that, i now believe you are one of the beta testers of the firmware. lucky you. i truly miss my phone now. how's she handling mate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    No I will not understand piracy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eone253
    ah..see..there's a big difference in that statement..windows is an OS...much like symbian is an OS for phones...but you see, difference in that is windows OS can't be distributed freely..ie you have to BUY it...and of course you need the key as well....but with symbian firmware, you can get them all FOR FREE via NaviFirm...now correct me if I'm wrong...Do NaviFirm give out UNLICENSED ILLEGAL COPY of firmwares? they don't...right? all firmwares downloaded via NaviFirm are legit copies....

Thus, it is at the expense of the user to use them in whatever way they can think of....which sounds fairly reasonable to me...UNLESS PNHT starts to sell this stuff, then that would make it ILLEGAL...donations are a whole different story..they are used to fund their projects...not to gain profits from their work...

I have my fair share of knowledge in law and stuff...so you might wanna reconsider before you jump into the laws and such...

*enough rambling about this or the forum moderators will warn me again for being off-topic*
    this arguement is quite invalid. navifirm is only a piece of software that is used to easily download firmware files intended to be for NSU.

actually, symbian^1 and symbian^2 is still proprietary to Nokia. but, again, my argument is, unless Nokia says it's wrong, then we're all good here.

@EVERYONE
    NOW, CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO TOPIC OR I MIGHT SIMPLY LOCK THIS THREAD

Page 221 of 422 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast