Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 220 of 422 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 4215
  1. #2191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    483
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    enough off topic banter
    noted...

    anyway so how are we going to flash our phone with this FW?

    well since it is based from n97 / c6 firmware, doesn't that affect which ini files we're using when flashing with JAF? like normal flashing, we use the product code for our devices..in this case, what would happen then?

    i'm just curious as i've never flashed my phone with fw ported from other devices...

  2. #2192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by eone253
    noted...

    anyway so how are we going to flash our phone with this FW?

    well since it is based from n97 / c6 firmware, doesn't that affect which ini files we're using when flashing with JAF? like normal flashing, we use the product code for our devices..in this case, what would happen then?

    i'm just curious as i've never flashed my phone with fw ported from other devices...
    i have never done this neither and this is my theory on it.

    1. products codes do not matter when it comes to flashing. this is only essential for nokia software updater.

    2. we also won't need ini files, we will simply select the .C0r, .rofs2, .rofs3, and ape variant manually from JAF.

  3. #2193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,318
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by eone253
    noted...

    anyway so how are we going to flash our phone with this FW?

    well since it is based from n97 / c6 firmware, doesn't that affect which ini files we're using when flashing with JAF? like normal flashing, we use the product code for our devices..in this case, what would happen then?

    i'm just curious as i've never flashed my phone with fw ported from other devices...
    Manual selection mate... No ticking of 'use ini'

  4. #2194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,052
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Well my questions, so after we port N97/C6 firmware to 5800, do we get future updates so as long Nokia releases them??

    Another question
    Most of us have already updated our firmware to v51. So is it possible to port it?? As we practically cannot downgrade the firmware to port N97 Firmware.

  5. #2195
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by sabinkumar
    Well my questions, so after we port N97/C6 firmware to 5800, do we get future updates so as long Nokia releases them??

    Another question
    Most of us have already updated our firmware to v51. So is it possible to port it?? As we practically cannot downgrade the firmware to port N97 Firmware.
    I already asked whether it would be this firmware - Downgrade. Got the answer - no. Do not believe the boys from PNHT no reason, we will know-a long and successful use.

  6. #2196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    483
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by sabinkumar
    Well my questions, so after we port N97/C6 firmware to 5800, do we get future updates so as long Nokia releases them??

    Another question
    Most of us have already updated our firmware to v51. So is it possible to port it?? As we practically cannot downgrade the firmware to port N97 Firmware.
    i don't think the term downgrade can be used here as this is a totally different firmware all together...

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    i have never done this neither and this is my theory on it.

    1. products codes do not matter when it comes to flashing. this is only essential for nokia software updater.

    2. we also won't need ini files, we will simply select the .C0r, .rofs2, .rofs3, and ape variant manually from JAF.
    but when we connect our phone to our PC using JAF, i think that JAF will recognize our phone through the link...right? so it will not matter if we used a ported FW eventhough JAF recognises our phones as different devices?

  7. #2197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adonix
    I'm gonna ask you one question: Is your phone Hacked?
    You should know that hacking your phone is also illegal for Nokia, if it's not, they would have made the platform open for all!

    And what's your problem with porting C6/N97 to 5800? This is Nokia on Nokia, we aren't putting android or other since nokia doesn't allow that too. Otherwise, they would. have released info about their hardware and bootloader. Nokia simply want users to use their software, and we aren't changing this fact. Plus, all of this is under the terms of "Educational Purposes" and donating isn't by any means illegal. We aren't selling the FW!
    Yes sir! Well said! +1!

  8. #2198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,052
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by eone253
    i don't think the term downgrade can be used here as this is a totally different firmware all together...

    well i meant, the N97/C6 firmware can be ported only if you have v40 of 5800 firmware in your phone. As of now we have v51 of nokia 5800 firmware, we might need to downgrade to v40 to make n97 firmware work.

  9. #2199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    Quote Originally Posted by sabinkumar
    well i meant, the N97/C6 firmware can be ported only if you have v40 of 5800 firmware in your phone. As of now we have v51 of nokia 5800 firmware, we might need to downgrade to v40 to make n97 firmware work.
    no, it work for all version now!

  10. #2200
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: HOT!! N97 Firmware Porting + HS WORKING (video only)

    I'm not sure if this has been asked before I'm fairly new, but is the firmware going to be available for X6 as well or is that just not possible Thanks.. :-)


 
Page 220 of 422 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. N900 new firmware released!
    By jackie_jagger in forum Maemo and MeeGo Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 04:11 AM
  2. Major N900 Firmware released PR1.1 !!
    By jackie_jagger in forum Maemo and MeeGo Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 12:05 AM
  3. Nokia N85 firmware version 31.002 released
    By HypeBoY in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
  4. N97 Firmware 2.0 Update to be released on 10th October
    By Jonas1975 in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 05:01 PM
  5. Iphone firmware 2.2.1 released
    By mufaddal_km in forum iPhone Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •