Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    232
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    Hi all

    Now we are on testing stage and still coding app, our beta testers like Steven25 already have modded FW and they can edit rofs1. We want to release app complete if we release bugged app then all will cry "bugged app", "its not working", "bricked phone" etc.. etc.. etc..

    @tipu2185 - You think that its so easy to modd core and write app to do that ?? I'm waiting for your app

    PNHT

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Szakalit
    Hi all

    Now we are on testing stage and still coding app, our beta testers like Steven25 already have modded FW and they can edit rofs1. We want to release app complete if we release bugged app then all will cry "bugged app", "its not working", "bricked phone" etc.. etc.. etc..

    @tipu2185 - You think that its so easy to modd core and write app to do that ?? I'm waiting for your app

    PNHT
    WOW!!!!! I must say, I'm very very excited. Want another Beta tester mate?

    I've been presenting ever since you guys started developing the app

    +1 because it's nearly released.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    886
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    so sir, u mean it's still in beta stage??
    and sir, can u please tell me wil it be seriously able to port n97 hs after u release the software??

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by sanchitgrover
    so sir, u mean it's still in beta stage??
    and sir, can u please tell me wil it be seriously able to port n97 hs after u release the software??
    regarding the n97 hs, we need to find which files make it work, extract it and replace it to the 5800. it is highly possible with the rofs1 open.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    886
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    who can confirm that sir and now sir szakalit said that core is editable.. but still they are fixing the bugs... so is it the only thing required for back porting( i mean in software)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    382
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by zulfan_efendi
    This is a serious accusation.
    It is not, look at that thread. They have said a number of times that they dont want to put there efforts if there is no one donating. Also someone offered there JAF box but they refused that only JAF box would not do it, why don't you read that thread.
    @Szakalit
    When did I said it was easy Its simple if you are waiting for more donations then you should say it openly so that people donate more. Also I appreciate your work but if for some reason you don't want to release you work that is understandable too.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    169
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    The title of this topic cracks me up.

    Core editor edits core of firmware.
    It does not make fw updates obsolete.

    And to all impatient people just hang back and wait.
    PNHT gave us some great tools and they wont release it in its testing stage.
    Thats ok, no one releases sw in their testing stages.

    If you like the tool and you are very very impatient.
    Donate, don't make silly discussions to waste their time.
    These guys need their brainpower for more important things.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    82
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Szakalit
    Hi all

    Now we are on testing stage and still coding app, our beta testers like Steven25 already have modded FW and they can edit rofs1. We want to release app complete if we release bugged app then all will cry "bugged app", "its not working", "bricked phone" etc.. etc.. etc..

    @tipu2185 - You think that its so easy to modd core and write app to do that ?? I'm waiting for your app

    PNHT
    Thanks boys!!! You are great!
    I am waiting core editing to patch radio RDS on my 5800XM...Nokia still didn't resolve with FW 50, so I think that is necessary to solve with core editing!

    +++++++++10k

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    317
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by sanchitgrover
    so sir, u mean it's still in beta stage??
    and sir, can u please tell me wil it be seriously able to port n97 hs after u release the software??
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchitgrover
    who can confirm that sir and now sir szakalit said that core is editable.. but still they are fixing the bugs... so is it the only thing required for back porting( i mean in software)
    M8,

    What's up with your confirmation thing? and what's the relationship between our tool capable of editing CORE and n97 HS porting?? Any modder should know that this is not related to the tool itself but to modders who knows how to to do it (which files, etc..)

    So the app will allow to cook these files into ROFS1, but no to port anything by itself.

    Adonix,
    PNHT

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    317
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: (Expert Discussion): Core Editor beats Firmware Upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185
    It is not, look at that thread. They have said a number of times that they dont want to put there efforts if there is no one donating. Also someone offered there JAF box but they refused that only JAF box would not do it, why don't you read that thread.
    @Szakalit
    When did I said it was easy Its simple if you are waiting for more donations then you should say it openly so that people donate more. Also I appreciate your work but if for some reason you don't want to release you work that is understandable too.
    M8,

    I don't like your accusations! The one who offered JAF box was offering it as an exchange to my app's source code! which i don't intend to give it away like this even if everyone says otherwise! Il.Socio didn't re lease his sources and i'm not intending to do the same especially for a JAF box.

    You talked about money and donations: well we aren't waiting for more donations to release the app since it's been long since we received anything. We are trying to find an alternative for this donation thing to support our work, but posts like yours aren't encouraging us to even release the new build!

    We hold the right to do things like we see it's more appropriate for us and everyone. So if you don't like our way, please feel free to code your app

    Adonix,
    PNHT


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia GUI Firmware Editor!! Beta 0.1.3 by PNHT * CORE coming soon...
    By Adonix in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
  2. Can Nokia Editor extract RM-356_40.0.005_prd.core.C00 ?
    By lordnecrofan in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 06:57 PM
  3. 6120 Firmware upgrade problem
    By jheanne13 in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 03:53 AM
  4. [HELP] Cant upgrade firmware with JAF !!!
    By awangn6600 in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 02:38 AM
  5. Question in case of firmware upgrade (n97)
    By sb20009 in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •