Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    d2d

Default [GUIDE] Add Nokia Maps in your Custom Firmware (everything working)

[color=black][b]Drop in Nokia Maps 3.04(91) into your custom firmware..

All supported languages included in a separate folder, separated by language id(s)

Tested on N97, N97 mini, and 5800

All options work, sync, location manger and the saving of settings...

Just read the read.txt

READ.TXT

Code:
    Nokia Map(s) 3.04(91) to ROFS2 or ROFS3

(ID) = the language ID(s) you want to add to your Maps Install

see language_ids.txt to match your language with the listed ID.

1. open the folder /maps/languages/(ID)/rofs2

2. copy the contents of that folder to the "install rofs2" folder.

3. repeat step (2) to add more languages to your Nokis Maps 3.04(91) install

4. copy the contents of the "install rofs2" folder to your ROFS2 folder

5. cook and enjoy...
    Download Link for Nokia Maps Beta 3.04(91)
    Update:
    Added 3.04(115)

This is the latest version...

I have put all services in different folders so you can install only the services you want.

Read me file...

Code:
    Nokia Map(s) 3.04(115) to ROFS2 or ROFS3

By Fataqui...

(ID) = the language ID(s) you want to add to your Maps Install

see language_ids.txt to match your language with the listed ID.

++++++++++++CORE NOKIA MAPS INSTALL +++++++++++++++++++++

1. open the folder /maps/maps core/languages/(ID)/rofs2

2. copy the contents of that folder to the "/maps/maps core/install to rofs2" folder.

3. repeat step (2) to add more languages to your "CORE" Nokia Maps 3.04(115) install

4. copy the contents of the "/maps/maps core/install rofs2" folder to your firmware ROFS2 folder

5. cook and enjoy...

++++++++++++SHARE LOCATION NOKIA MAPS INSTALL (OPTIONAL)+++++++++++++++++++++

1. open the folder /maps/share location/languages/(ID)/rofs2

2. copy the contents of that folder to the "/maps/share location/install to rofs2" folder.

3. repeat step (2) to add more languages to your "SHARE LOCATION" Nokia Maps 3.04(115) install

4. copy the contents of the "/maps/share location/install rofs2" folder to your firmware ROFS2 folder

5. cook and enjoy...

++++++++++++SHARE LOCATION WIDGET NOKIA MAPS INSTALL (OPTIONAL n97 & n97 mini only)+++++++++++++++++++++

1. open the folder /maps/share widget/languages/(ID)/rofs2

2. copy the contents of that folder to the "/maps/share widget/install to rofs2" folder.

3. repeat step (2) to add more languages to your "SHARE WIDGET" Nokia Maps 3.04(115) install

4. copy the contents of the "/maps/share widget/install rofs2" folder to your firmware ROFS2 folder

5. cook and enjoy...

Final notes....

The "/maps/other" folder contains other parts of the default Nokia Maps install that are not always needed.
    You can add each of those options to your maps install by...

INSTALL PIPS 

Notes...

helps 3rd party apps plug into maps using stand C or C++ libraries; If you don't install this some 3rd party apps will not work with maps.

1. copy the contents of the "/maps/other/pips" to to your firmware ROFS2 folder.

INSTALL OPEN C LIBRARIES

For developer usage and it also adds SSL support to location based services, (IE; share locations)

1. copy the contents of the "/maps/other/open c libraries" to to your firmware ROFS2 folder.

INSTALL STANDARD C LIBRARIES

For developer usage and it also adds SSL support to location based services, (IE; share locations)

1. copy the contents of the "/maps/other/standard c libraries" to to your firmware ROFS2 folder.

Last notes...

I myself recommend installing (core maps, pips, and both C libraries) Share Location services and it's widget, is not worth installing in it current development state.

Download Link... 3.04(115)

This guide has not been made by me & all the credit goes to Fataqui !! I have posted this for all the developers here at www.dailymobile.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [GUIDE] Add Nokia Maps in your Custom Firmware (everything working)

I tried adding 3.04(115) but that killed my phone (loop of whitescreen and reboot).

d2d

Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    I tried adding 3.04(115) but that killed my phone (loop of whitescreen and reboot).
    i am already using lightning fast cfw v5 with 3.04(115) installed as per instructions & everything working

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, removing all the Maps files fixed it.. Gave it another try but again a white screen. Maybe because I'm a Dutch (r1 user or I have something cooked which hates the new Maps.
    //Edit: Original Maps 3.04(115) installer works but doesn't ask you which components you want to install. Even the Share location widget for N97 is installed by default.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    Well, removing all the Maps files fixed it.. Gave it another try but again a white screen. Maybe because I'm a Dutch (r1 user or I have something cooked which hates the new Maps.
    //Edit: Original Maps 3.04(115) installer works but doesn't ask you which components you want to install. Even the Share location widget for N97 is installed by default.
    Your rofs2 became too large

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for posting the guide, man!! I´m from Brazil and I don´t know which number is my language (Brazillian Portuguese). Could u please help me?... Thanks a lot!!

In fact, I tried with language 28. I hope it´s the one... Anyway, after flash, appears an icon smart2go and maps do not start (the icon is another too). Where did i go wrong?

Thanks for attention!!

Edited: Sorry. I found my language... I´ll try with 76. Sorry to bother.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by JuninhoCelular
    Thanks for posting the guide, man!! I´m from Brazil and I don´t know which number is my language (Brazillian Portuguese). Could u please help me?... Thanks a lot!!

In fact, I tried with language 28. I hope it´s the one... Anyway, after flash, appears an icon smart2go and maps do not start (the icon is another too). Where did i go wrong?

Thanks for attention!!
    Brazilian is 76 not 28!
    Thats your problem.
    Read the guide bro

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Brazilian is 76 not 28!
    Thats your problem.
    Read the guide bro
    It´s real man... sorry to bother... I was installing wrong language then it doesn´t work. Hope it will help other users too.
    Thanks a loooot... it´s working great!!! Everything already becames super fine!!!

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by JuninhoCelular
    It´s real man... sorry to bother... I was installing wrong language then it doesn´t work. Hope it will help other users too.
    Thanks a loooot... it´s working great!!! Everything already becames super fine!!!
    Ok so +100 for me right ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

[quote[
    Download Link... 3.04(115)

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/36603395..._3.04_115_.zip

This guide has not been made by me & all the credit goes to Fataqui !! I have posted this for all the developers here at www.dailymobile.net
    /quote]

thanx for ur efforts but would u please provide a mediafire link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast