Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [Project] Another Idea for Hacking in the CFW [No more Rom Patcher]

I have the hacked installserver.exe but i dont know where i put...tried rofs2 but bricked my phone....

To have a hack installserver its just edit hex and substitute

SnR:sys\bin\installserver.exe:0028??D0??A9??A8??0028??D0??A9??A8:00028028??A9??A8??00280028??A9??A8

SnR:sys\bin\installserver.exe:02250B58?:022500230B50
    SnR:sys\bin\installserver.exe:0028??D0A0690521:002 8??E0A0690521
    SnR:sys\bin\installserver.exe:401C??D012:401C??E01 2
    SnR:sys\bin\installserver.exe:0028??D1?14250028:0028??E0019814250028
    SnR:sys\bin\installserver.exe:70B5060000251324:002 0704700251324

example: in the last line find "70B5060000251324" and substitute to "0020704700251324"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@qwertyuiope
    Once again; if you got the installserver patch enabled and you copy installserver.exe from Z:/ to E:/ it will be pre-hacked (no need to hex edit yourself). And adding it to the rofs2 won't work because it's part of the ROM (inside the Core file) which isn't editable yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    @qwertyuiope
    Once again; if you got the installserver patch enabled and you copy installserver.exe from Z:/ to E:/ it will be pre-hacked (no need to hex edit yourself). And adding it to the rofs2 won't work because it's part of the ROM (inside the Core file) which isn't editable yet.
    but this method implies a different method other than what you said. however, what you said is correct.

see first post mate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@qwertyuiope
    If you add something to the ROFS2 part, it will overwrite the same named data from ANY previous image. This way with a simple modification, patched firmware upgrade files can be released, what is very important if you take a look at the size of a Symbian^1 firmware (5800 v40 - 130MB).

Also if you do this, why don't you modify simply the User Grant-able Capabilities? It can be done

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    but this method implies a different method other than what you said. however, what you said is correct.

see first post mate.
    Yep, I'm aware of that and I do understand your method. But Qwertyuiope tried to add it to rofs2, so I tried to explain why that didn't work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    If you add something to the ROFS2 part, it will overwrite the same named data from ANY previous image. This way with a simple modification, patched firmware upgrade files can be released, what is very important if you take a look at the size of a Symbian^1 firmware (5800 v40 - 130MB).

Also if you do this, why don't you modify simply the User Grant-able Capabilities? It can be done
    I think it will overwrite only up until rofs1, not ROM. How can you modify this User Grant-able Capabilities? What exactly can this achieve?

Yep, I'm aware of that and I do understand your method. But Qwertyuiope tried to add it to rofs2, so I tried to explain why that didn't work.
    Alright mate. Spot on

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think it will overwrite only up until rofs1, not ROM. How can you modify this User Grant-able Capabilities? What exactly can this achieve?

Z:\System\data\swipolicy.ini

Replace the UserCapabilities line with this:

Code:
    UserCapabilities = AllFiles DiskAdmin NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData UserEnvironment PowerMgmt MultimediaDD TrustedUI ProtServ NetworkControl SwEvent Location SurroundingsDD CommDD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232

Z:\System\data\swipolicy.ini

Replace the UserCapabilities line with this:

Code:
    UserCapabilities = AllFiles DiskAdmin NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData UserEnvironment PowerMgmt MultimediaDD TrustedUI ProtServ NetworkControl SwEvent Location SurroundingsDD CommDD
    i think steven has already tried that. but he still couldn't install all applications. some applications still came up with an error

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,19000.0.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i think steven has already tried that. but he still couldn't install all applications. some applications still came up with an error

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,19000.0.html
    Yes, in some phones, the AllowUnsigned flag is set to false, what won't let to install unsigned stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12