Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default [FIXED] 3G internet connection not working in native browser

OK, me again.. Noticed something weird when using CFW, confirmed with XFW Symbian Beta and 6TH COOKED firmware.
    When I connect to the internet using 3G/GPRS, the native browser doesn't load any webpage. The loading bar appears, but doesn't move. I took a screenshot, see attachment. The native browser does work when I connect through a WIFI connection.
    To be sure it has nothing to do with the 3G/GPRS connection settings I installed Opera Mobile. And I was surprised to see every page loading without any problem. Both with 3G and WIFI!
    I've then reverted back to official v40 FW and the native browser worked with 3G again. What's going on? I need flash support when browsing, so I can't use Opera as a replacement. Thanks in advance!

//Possible solutions:
    Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    Managed to fix my 3G connection by using mod #42: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,18498.0.html
    Not very happy with the outcome, since I now have to mod almost every CFW before I can really use it.. But hey, there are worse things going on in the world.
    //EDIT: 5800 only!
    Quote Originally Posted by N5800V5
    I had the same problem, now using CFW. Look in the file that changes the CFW version and replace them all with the standard ones, and re-flash. Worked for me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Vodafone Live 3G not working in native browser

did you install server .. rom patcher ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, enabled "Activate Install Server" and "Open System Files" (currently running XFW - Symbian Beta). Like I already stated, WIFI works but 3G doesn't.

//EDIT:
    Just found this post (+1 for ckpv5):
    Quote Originally Posted by ckpv5
    Mainly because of "starter_non_critical_1.rsc" where the Data Connection process is stop at startup. Try to edit the CFW and put in the revised starter mod (starter_non_critical_1.rsc) no.42 at this http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,18498.0.html and you will find the 3G is working.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Managed to fix my 3G connection by using mod #42: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,18498.0.html
    Not very happy with the outcome, since I now have to mod almost every CFW before I can really use it.. But hey, there are worse things going on in the world.
    //EDIT: 5800 only!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [FIXED] 3G not working in native browser

This will not happen if Cache move trick let it be original in C .. but surfing long hours of internet slows the phone ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I had the same problem, now using CFW. Look in the file that changes the CFW version and replace them all with the standard ones, and re-flash. Worked for me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by N5800V5
    Wow, are you talking about the text files in this folder: "rofs2\resource\versions"? You could be right, since the native browser sends your firmware version to every webpage you visit. Thanks for sharing.

//edit: I didn't had to replace those files to fix it, so I think we both had a different reason for this '3G block'.

Quote Originally Posted by xploitmachine
    This will not happen if Cache move trick let it be original in C .. but surfing long hours of internet slows the phone ..
    Indeed, the cache mod does let your browser crash when you forget to enable the "Open4All" patch. But thats not the issue I had. The browser didn't crash, it just didn't load the page.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    [FIXED] 3G internet connection not working in native browser

Default Re: [FIXED] 3G internet connection not working in native browser

Don't share personal info on the Forum.

Seek help by posting on the Forum. If you want to contact some member directly, use the personal messages available on the Forum.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

+1 for this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pirates_killer
    +1 for this
    Hehe just sharing, but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kingharsha
    hey did anyone cleared the problem.....
    if it is solved
    please guys help me too
    Did you read the complete first post? Mod #42 fixed it on my 5800. Use NokiaEditor to extract the rofs3, add mod #42 and repack. Note: will not work right with the N97 (disables some homescreen features)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast