Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 260
  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,193
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by nokiaONLY
    So are the custom firmware mods located here already edited, or do we have to open the text and edit any of the lines for the mod to work? For example: The music player mod to search in E:\Music. When I open the text file, it says at 0x1 string E:\\Sounds\\My Music...... Do I have to edit that line to E:\Music for it to work, or leave it the way it is?. Thankx.

    I've been using CFW since v40, but I never tried my own so I'm sort of a noob.
    Most of the mods require editing before u can add them.
    Like custom boot screen, etc. So open n edit them, but dont edit mods like UI acceleration mod or CPU mod unless u know a lot about them.
    Abt that music player mod, u need to keep it as "E:\\Music"
    +1 is appreciated.


    Quote Originally Posted by Prasshantg
    how to chage default tgeme in a cfw
    also i used startup screen and tones mod but after when i place files in c/boot nothing happens
    please help
    For default theme mod edit this file:-
    private\10202be9\101F876F.txt
    In this file edit the 0x14 string with the UID of the theme and the 0x2 string with the dec code of the theme.

    Default startup and shutdown mod:-
    private\10202be9\101F8763.txt
    In this file edit:-
    0x3 string for startup sound.
    0xD string for startup screen.
    0x14 string for shutdown sound
    0x12 string for shutdown screen.

    +1 is appreciated.

  2. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    217
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    will i be able to change startup screen sound by placing in c/boot
    and where to find hex code and uid of theme

  3. #143
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Prasshantg
    will i be able to change startup screen sound by placing in c/boot
    if you replace the proper lines or apply the right patch, it should work no problem

    but i assume that you have to put the files first on UDA (or c -before you flash the phone- then you can change them, because i tried just the line changes on the patch, flashed, then created the folder with startup screen & music -after flashing- and didn't work at all
    On my last try, worked, but i have a fixed image & sound on rofs3, so i'm not able to change the files

    Quote Originally Posted by Prasshantg
    and where to find hex code and uid of theme
    just use the sistool software given on the 1st post, there you can see the UID of any .sys package

    @Prince: hey, they said that the performance of the phone is affected if i use a 16-digit UID theme on that file (instead of an 8-digit uid)
    is that right?

    also, tried making a "default bg image" on the default theme after flashing, but didn't worked at all XD, image was stored of rofs3/data

  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,193
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Prasshantg
    will i be able to change startup screen sound by placing in c/boot
    Just download the file i attached.
    And copy the private folder into ur rofs3.
    Ur startup screen will now be read from:-
    c:\boot\ (startup.gif, startup.mp3, shutdown.gif and shutdown.mp3)
    Use the default file manager.
    If ur using x-plore or anything else do it in c:\data\boot\

    And u still didnt +1 me


    Quote Originally Posted by SUKeitarou
    @Prince: hey, they said that the performance of the phone is affected if i use a 16-digit UID theme on that file (instead of an 8-digit uid)
    is that right?

    also, tried making a "default bg image" on the default theme after flashing, but didn't worked at all XD, image was stored of rofs3/data
    Yeah u need to convert the theme to an 8 digit theme first.
    Its easy to convert.
    :P

    For default wallpaper:-
    private\10202be9\101F876F.txt
    Change 0x9 string to "Z:\\data\\NAME.jpg"
    Change the "NAME.jpg" to the name of ur image.
    Then repack and flash.
    Then +1 me.

  5. #145
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    0x9 string "z:\\Walls\\1.jpg" 16777216 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=WriteDeviceData

    that's the one i have that didn't work (err, sorry, wasn't the data folder)
    "Walls" with capital W because the folder name uses capital, does it affects the outcome?

    +1

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,193
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by SUKeitarou
    0x9 string "z:\\Walls\\1.jpg" 16777216 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=WriteDeviceData

    that's the one i have that didn't work (err, sorry, wasn't the data folder)
    "Walls" with capital W because the folder name uses capital, does it affects the outcome?

    +1
    I dont think a capital letter will make any difference.
    Recheck the location and file name. Maybe u made a mistake.
    :P
    And try a capital Z:\ instead of small z:\ and check.


    EDIT : If possible upload the 10202be9\101F876F.txt file.
    I'll go through it.

  7. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    +1
    i'll try that, then
    i have all paths in lowercase for 101F8763 though (and it works)

    the only drawback for having that "default" image at z: is that i have o copy to either c: or e: if it doesn't work.. too bad the system won't read from z...

    using the "cp path1 path2" thing on the startup file should copy.. so i'll give it a try too...

    thanks

    EDIT:

    0x12
    Name: Wallpaper Type
    Type: selection
    Desc: Defines wallpaper type (none/image/slide set). Value of zero means that there is no wallpaper, value of 1 means that wallpaper is single image and value of 2 means that wallpaper is defined as image slide set.

    that from a file i got from here

    i had 0x12 at 0
    i'll try setting it to 1 and see if it works

  8. #148
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,193
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by SUKeitarou
    0x12
    Name: Wallpaper Type
    Type: selection
    Desc: Defines wallpaper type (none/image/slide set). Value of zero means that there is no wallpaper, value of 1 means that wallpaper is single image and value of 2 means that wallpaper is defined as image slide set.

    that from a file i got from here

    i had 0x12 at 0
    i'll try setting it to 1 and see if it works
    I think u found it.

    Congo, u have the signs of being a great modder in the future.

  9. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    lol, +1 for the compliment , but i have a long road ahead until i feel ok with my work (when i get to be done, the 5800 will be like 20 years outdated...)

    anyway, didn't worked either, 0x11 also had to be put as 1 instead of 0, trial and error seems to work fine for me...

    so i have yet a few things to do from here on, like the dull task of organizing folders/icons on that xml file...
    (that and to create good graphics for me to use on the phone as startup/shutdown)

  10. #150
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,193
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Complete GUIDE to make your own custom firmware (CFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by SUKeitarou
    lol, +1 for the compliment , but i have a long road ahead until i feel ok with my work (when i get to be done, the 5800 will be like 20 years outdated...)

    anyway, didn't worked either, 0x11 also had to be put as 1 instead of 0, trial and error seems to work fine for me...

    so i have yet a few things to do from here on, like the dull task of organizing folders/icons on that xml file...
    (that and to create good graphics for me to use on the phone as startup/shutdown)
    Making startup and shutdown screens is a child's play.
    Go to zedge's wallpaper section and select logos. U'll find many. Just remove the nokia logos and add ur CFW name there.
    :P
    For that menu, menu modding is easy. U can ask if u get any doubts.
    Im sure u'll make a great CFW.


 
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] Custom menu structure in 5800 CFW
    By coccolino_dbro in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 05:05 AM
  2. [Idea] E71 custom firmware
    By dj516nadz in forum Symbian S60V3 Custom Firmware / Cooking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
  3. custom 5800 firmware
    By brokensoulcollector in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:24 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
  5. Remove Custom Firmware
    By someone57 in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 10:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •