Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default [SOLVED] Fonts in CFW?!???

Hey guys,
    i recently flashed my red 58 to the new appleorangefruit 6th cooked firmware.
    i edited it a bit using nokiaeditor 0.7, changed the default music folder to e:\music and removed the startup gif and animation.

my question is, how do i change font now? i tried the usual method of putting the four files in mmc/resource/fonts and restarted. but it doesn't work. i even tried flipfont and fontrouter but no luck!

do i have to flash the font files in rofs2 as well?

any help would be appreciated!

sorry if this has already been asked, i did a bit of searching but found nothing about fonts in cfw's...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [HELP] Fonts in CFW?!???

Quote Originally Posted by -=Undertaker=-
    Hey guys,
    i recently flashed my red 58 to the new appleorangefruit 6th cooked firmware.
    i edited it a bit using nokiaeditor 0.7, changed the default music folder to e:\music and removed the startup gif and animation.

my question is, how do i change font now? i tried the usual method of putting the four files in mmc/resource/fonts and restarted. but it doesn't work. i even tried flipfont and fontrouter but no luck!

do i have to flash the font files in rofs2 as well?

any help would be appreciated!

sorry if this has already been asked, i did a bit of searching but found nothing about fonts in cfw's...
    that's really odd, unless there's some file which references to where the fonts are stored and the cfw changed it, i see no reason. i'm stomped.

LIBFAKK

I just changed my fonts in E: yesterday.

Did you rename your fonts:
    s60snr.ttf
    s60ssb.ttf
    s60tsb.ttf
    S60ZDIGI.ttf
    Put them in E://Resource/Fonts?

I tried many fonts, some just didn't take and it reverted to original font.
    Try doubleclicking the fonts first so you see that they have a full set of characters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

double checked just now bro, no luck..

the font i was using before flashing is called SEPTEMBER. i think there's some comic sans font in the resource/fonts folder of the cfw rofs2, thats not allowing it to use this custom font...

maybe we could create a PATCH in rompatcher that overrides the fonts in the z drive and chooses the ones in the e drive? cuz i dont want to go through the hassle of re-formatting and reflashing it again...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by -=Undertaker=-
    cuz i dont want to go through the hassle of re-formatting and reflashing it again...
    we can do flashing without re-formatting. In JAF, just make sure not to highlight APE Variant (click so it wont be light green).. this is how I always do when I want to change font, effects, mods and etc except applications.
    No formatting, no re-installing apps and settings. It's just five to ten minutes affair

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ckpv5
    we can do flashing without re-formatting. In JAF, just make sure not to highlight APE Variant (click so it wont be light green).. this is how I always do when I want to change font, effects, mods and etc except applications.
    No formatting, no re-installing apps and settings. It's just five to ten minutes affair
    so i just edit the rofs2, use the same flash files and flash via JAF but making sure APE Variant is un-selected? if i put my fonts in the new rofs2 file and flash it, will it do? i'll still have to use the 105mb main firmware files and all right? or is there any way to do it by just flashing rofs2?

sorry im kinda n00bish to this!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes correct... use the NokiaEditor to extract the Rofs2, replace the fonts in resource/fonts, repack.. use the repack rofs2 for flashing but this time make sure not to select APE Variant in JAF. The JAF's status and results will show something like this:

MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356\RM-356_40.0.005_prd.core.C00
    PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356\RM-356_40.0.005_prd.rofs2.V22
    CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356\RM-356_40.0.005_C02_prd.rofs3.fpsx
    APE Variant file: NONE

No formatting will occur, so all installed apps and settings will stay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes correct... use the NokiaEditor to extract the Rofs2, replace the fonts in resource/fonts, repack.. use the repack rofs2 for flashing but this time make sure not to select APE Variant in JAF. The JAF's status and results will show something like this:

MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356\RM-356_40.0.005_prd.core.C00
    PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356\RM-356_40.0.005_prd.rofs2.V22
    CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-356\RM-356_40.0.005_C02_prd.rofs3.fpsx

WORKS Like a CHARM! thank you!!

btw, just put all font files in rofs2/resource/fonts and it works!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [SOLVED] Fonts in CFW?!???

new knowledge for me.....+1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

How to be make sure not to select APE Variant in JAF?? is it from green light (arrow no. 1 in atached pic)
    or do you mean to choose APE box in skip (arrow no. 2 in attached pic)
    or do you mean to be sure it is not choosed, to flash the cfw while keeping the apps and settings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast