Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.3 - Cooked Fw for both 3rd / 5th Edition.

You know what?
    Yesterday I checked the donations received for NokiaCooker... and only two people supported this project, so I have to take a decision because I can't keep to spend my time in this way.

Currently, my idea is to definitely suspend this project, but I want to take some more days before to suspend it, just in case that some other ideas came up on my mind...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Il.Socio
    You know what?
    Yesterday I checked the donations received for NokiaCooker... and only two people supported this project, so I have to take a decision because I can't keep to spend my time in this way.

Currently, my idea is to definitely suspend this project, but I want to take some more days before to suspend it, just in case that some other ideas came up on my mind...
    do it for the fame....
    image a big hall of fame, and you name there : ))
    don't worry about the donations, they will come with the fame

cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Why don't you start to study programming and don't you develop by yourself this tool? It will took you a lot of time, but you can do it for the fame!

I consider my spare time a very valuable resource, so I have to decide carefully how to spend it.
    I enjoyed a lot to develop NokiaCooker and my mainly motivation was to learn new stuff about the firmware format... at current time, I reached a kind of "dead point" because there are only minor improvements which I could insert in NokiaCooker with my current skills.
    To insert any major improvements, I should spend on it additional time to acquire new skills, to make more tests, maybe to buy a JAF box too...
    But since the community didn't supported this project, I'm not motivated to spend 1 more minute on it and for sure I will not buy the JAF with my own wallet.

You should learn a lesson from this, the next time you will see a software that you like, you should consider donating something to the author.
    Softwares don't grow on trees, someone must spend its time to develop them.
    If you donate 3 eur your life style will not change at all, but it can really change the future of a Software! Think about it next time.

In my very personal idea of community, there exists developers who spend their time to develop new softwares and publicly release them for free... If the community appreciate those softwares, should support them, so that the developers can continue their research and users can always have new and updated tools... everybody wins

I don't need fame, I don't need money, what I really want is to spread my personal concept of community as much as I can.
    To make more clear my point of view, I don't care at all if 2 users makes me a donation of 50eur each!
    I would really prefeer much more to receive 10 donations of 3eur each from 10 different users!
    When I want to make some money I make some serious work... and believe me, my services are very expensive!

Some time ago, Adonix wrote a post about this:
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,19075.0.html
    So, before that he will decide to suspend the development of its tools too, you should seriously consider to support he!

However, NokiaCooker will be suspended, but don't be sad... I always like to develop new stuff and maybe I'll publish an updated version of RP+ during next days

Marco.

P.S.
    I hope that no one will feel offended by this post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Il.Socio
    Bad message, everyone gave up

Thanks for your soft ,Wait your new version of RP+

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

that is just sad mate. to be honest with you, i'm having a hard time these days, and 2EU is very important to me. if i had just a little bit more, i would have donated.

I am So Sad . We are Indebted to You , MarCo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Mr.Il.Socio
    can you share current research results? Maybe someone here can continue to study it.We need some information about modifying the "core".And can you share the Source Code for your "NokiaCooker"?

sorry for my bad english,Look forward to your reply.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I will not share any source code, but I can share all the informations about the file-format, so any developer can create a new cooking tool. Are you a developer apeil?

If any developer want to start to code its own cooking tool, he can start from here:
    http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...hp?f=6&t=42298
    (not updated to the latest results)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I will not share any source code, but I can share all the informations about the file-format, so any developer can create a new cooking tool. Are you a developer apeil?
    Please share information I'm a developer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You know what?

Why don't you start to study programming and don't you develop by yourself this tool? It will took you a lot of time, but you can do it for the fame!

I consider my spare time a very valuable resource, so I have to decide carefully how to spend it.
    I enjoyed a lot to develop NokiaCooker and my mainly motivation was to learn new stuff about the firmware format... at current time, I reached a kind of "dead point" because there are only minor improvements which I could insert in NokiaCooker with my current skills.
    To insert any major improvements, I should spend on it additional time to acquire new skills, to make more tests, maybe to buy a JAF box too...
    But since the community didn't supported this project, I'm not motivated to spend 1 more minute on it and for sure I will not buy the JAF with my own wallet.

You should learn a lesson from this, the next time you will see a software that you like, you should consider donating something to the author.
    Softwares don't grow on trees, someone must spend its time to develop them.
    If you donate 3 eur your life style will not change at all, but it can really change the future of a Software! Think about it next time.

In my very personal idea of community, there exists developers who spend their time to develop new softwares and publicly release them for free... If the community appreciate those softwares, should support them, so that the developers can continue their research and users can always have new and updated tools... everybody wins

I don't need fame, I don't need money, what I really want is to spread my personal concept of community as much as I can.
    To make more clear my point of view, I don't care at all if 2 users makes me a donation of 50eur each!
    I would really prefeer much more to receive 10 donations of 3eur each from 10 different users!
    When I want to make some money I make some serious work... and believe me, my services are very expensive!

Some time ago, Adonix wrote a post about this:
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,19075.0.html
    So, before that he will decide to suspend the development of its tools too, you should seriously consider to support he!

However, NokiaCooker will be suspended, but don't be sad... I always like to develop new stuff and maybe I'll publish an updated version of RP+ during next days

Marco.

P.S.
    I hope that no one will feel offended by this post.
    Welcome to the club marco

This what i have tired to explain for the community, but it seems that people in nature love to take more than to give. I'm 100% with what you said about the community and how' it's better to receive Ó 2.5 EU donation from 20 people rather then 50 EU from 2 people. Sadly, this is what's happening with Us.

Good luck m8

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast