Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.3 - Cooked Fw for both 3rd / 5th Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by chandarakk
    Thanks for your fast reply!! But with Nokia Cooker you have opened and repacked E51 files? Have you tried to add some apps to the FW?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by blopa
    Thanks for your fast reply!! But with Nokia Cooker you have opened and repacked E51 files? Have you tried to add some apps to the FW?
    am not good on app but u can add by yourself

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3...enshot0008.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hello IIsolcio, how are you.. may i request you to please send me that nokiacooker version number 0.3.2 you pm me before some time but i need it without the security warning of not exceeding the limit of the formal rofs size i do need to make a 40 mg rofs for my phone N97. i know it is for repacking a correct rofs after amended but i do need it and i know how to deal with the files so do not worry about having a dead phone.

please do pm me as soon as you could if that possible and i will be grateful for that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Il.Socio
    So, since NokiaCooker's users didn't show any particular interest for supporting this software, why should I continue to spend my time for a software that I don't care?
    First of all, you can see that people ARE interested in your software. Most of the new CFW's are made with NokiaCooker 0.4.3! Then here is the fact that you are one of the few developers in these communities - without you and your developments, the community dies for a long time. Remember when FCA000 left us? Nokia made a new anti-hack, and it was unhacked for so long time! And that new hack was made by developers like you, but they weren't saying "If you're interested in the app, show it by donating!" stuff (although the HelloOX team was "selling" the signed hack for donations), but they shared everything they knew. And now if you stop developing, and you won't release any NEW discovery, development will stop finally. Don't take donating the only way to support the application, but advises, ideas, and so much more can be support! Even a "thanks, you're great" is a big support (even if it won't help developing). And, if you go open-source, maybe ALL the developers can gather into one group and share EVERYTHING they know. What means faster developing, more functions, more releases -> more support (and even more donation). Don't expect users to donate for apps what don't work totally (like in my case: I can't make CFW for my phone, but if I could, I would donate you a few bucks), but live with the fact that in the first stage of development (yes I am talking about the open betas, the versions beginning with 0!) people won't donate as they miss functionality. But when you release 1.0.0, what is capable for everything you planned (like extracting all firmware types, and repacking them correctly), then a LOT of users will donate (and this way support) your project. And now don't come with the "I won't release my hard work's source to be stolen" speech, I think all of the real developers have so much respect for other developers to do not steal their work without any credit. If a "developer" does this, then he/she isn't even a real developer. And if you don't want to share with everybody, at least share with the ones you know if they ask! Like Szakalit and Adonix, they could make use of your sources, and I'm sure they would credit you!

And I know, you aren't into donations, but knowledge, but if you keep saying that "No support as no donations", people will think you are doing this only for the donations. And that's not good. If you make a payware application, then okay, many of us will buy it. Yes, some idiots will crack it, and release it, but still you get the "support". But if you release it "as is", without requesting money, don't bind software developing to donations. The most developers fail at the point that if they release an app, and they bind continuation to donation, they want the same donations for the pre-release beta as for the final software. Be patient, develop more, and you will get more donations as you add more functionality to your app. It is logical isn't it? Linear maths rules!

Now you could say "But I've done so much things, and my donations won't raise but lower". Yes this is normal, as you stopped developing, and haven't added so much compatibility to the latest versions. If you release with bigger time holes, but more functions, like support for more app, and even some built-in modding tool (or even a plugin system to work with), you will receive more support.

This goes to Szakalit and Adonix too. Szakalit, you were too afraid at the beginning, you haven't shared anything, but collected a few friends, made a new hacking group, released a beta (with no sources or anything) and you wanted donations. For a non working app. No, I don't mean you haven't done anything, but the first beta was merely a test, and you have posted the donation link with that version (but in the app it was integrated with the latest version). You wanted too much at a time, without a real working solution. You were in a monopole-position (as you were the only one who really knew the file format), and even when you shared some bits with Marco, you made him "sign" an agreement. Just to make sure your application will be the only one for a long time. This is a bad strategy. I know, Microsoft does the same, but look at them how much they fail. The best strategy is to share everything from the beginning, and developers will credit your work. With this work, software can be made for everyone (one for developers, one for home users, one for power users, and I could continue), and everyone would be happy. But no, you chose to do not share anything, but to release barely working applications (under barely I mean even the last version has hash bugs and such), without releasing anything more for people who maybe know more than you. Yes, because I'm sure there are some people who know more about the FPSX file format than all of us. But without co-work and co-operation, everyone is falling into the same trap again and again. BUT if all developers share their thoughts, their ideas, and their steps done so far, it is achievable to have ONE good software for everyone, and not a lot crappy. Adonix was a bit better, as he made many beta tests and shared info (even if it wasn't too much), but he failed at the same point. He wanted donations for a first release.

I hope none of you take this as an offense, nor flaming. It was just a statement, what you have to read and read and read to fully understand. And if you chose to change, and you do it this way I wrote, you get closer to the perfect developer's level. No, I'm not perfect, I'm way below you, but I know how and what to change to be successful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well said fonix +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

We support all developers,we test all tools,reply all infos,take much private time.kill our phones many times.
    What we get?
    Perfect tool? NO!
    We do not owe you anything,and so you are~
    So,do not say anything about the donation,it nauseating!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    First of all, you can see that people ARE interested in your software. Most of the new CFW's are made with NokiaCooker 0.4.3!
    Wow! And how in the name of God you know that

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    This goes to Szakalit and Adonix too. Szakalit, you were too afraid at the beginning, you haven't shared anything, but collected a few friends, made a new hacking group, released a beta (with no sources or anything) and you wanted donations. For a non working app. No, I don't mean you haven't done anything, but the first beta was merely a test, and you have posted the donation link with that version (but in the app it was integrated with the latest version). You wanted too much at a time, without a real working solution. You were in a monopole-position (as you were the only one who really knew the file format), and even when you shared some bits with Marco, you made him "sign" an agreement. Just to make sure your application will be the only one for a long time. This is a bad strategy. I know, Microsoft does the same, but look at them how much they fail. The best strategy is to share everything from the beginning, and developers will credit your work. With this work, software can be made for everyone (one for developers, one for home users, one for power users, and I could continue), and everyone would be happy. But no, you chose to do not share anything, but to release barely working applications (under barely I mean even the last version has hash bugs and such), without releasing anything more for people who maybe know more than you. Yes, because I'm sure there are some people who know more about the FPSX file format than all of us. But without co-work and co-operation, everyone is falling into the same trap again and again. BUT if all developers share their thoughts, their ideas, and their steps done so far, it is achievable to have ONE good software for everyone, and not a lot crappy. Adonix was a bit better, as he made many beta tests and shared info (even if it wasn't too much), but he failed at the same point. He wanted donations for a first release.

I hope none of you take this as an offense, nor flaming. It was just a statement, what you have to read and read and read to fully understand. And if you chose to change, and you do it this way I wrote, you get closer to the perfect developer's level. No, I'm not perfect, I'm way below you, but I know how and what to change to be successful.
    Szakalit released a non working tool Man are you smoking or something? If the last version (may) had some little problems for some, remember it works for others too.
    You're also talking about sharing source code. I ask you if Marco is willing to share source code!!?? Marco stated here that he doesn't intend to do it, so it's the right of Szakalit and mine too! We spend too much time coding and debugging these tools and we have the right to disclose our work and even ask for donations. So please spare me this talk, and next time, think well before posting something like this. Attack posts won't do you good nor anyone else and please don't tell me that your post isn't flaming or offensive. By attacking other people's work and choices, you are already offending them.

Szakalit and I shared the most valuable information about our discoveries and we think that's enough. Marco was a smart one and he picked informations quickly by analyzing our tools and rebuilt files plus putting some effort to understand what we were doing plus his discoveries. That's what enabled him to write NokiaCooker. Other developers should follow his steps, and this goes the same for you Fonix.

You're talking about monopoly?? I tell you if there is no community then monopoly is a right. I've noticed that everyone talks about community when they want to take, but they forget about community when it's time to give (i'm not integrating everyone here; just a big majority). If Marco, Szakalit or I ask for donations, then it's our choice and right and no one have the right to attack US. We also have the right to make our tools shareware if we want.

I was continuing developing Nokia Gui Editor, but posts like what i'm reading here aren't encouraging at all and by that, i'm not talking about donations. Just seeing someone bashing the work of Szakalit (and mine) isn't appealing at all. Just remember that if it wasn't for Me and Szakalit, many of you were still waiting for a hack for their phones. Plus, we also enabled cooking these d*** phones. So everyone need to put that in their minds and respect US, our work and our choices!

Adonix

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Adonix
    Wow! And how in the name of God you know that
    Well, look at the replies. And also I did a research on a hungarian site. There are about 20-25 hungarian modded firmwares, 23 were made with NC!

Szakalit released a non working tool Man are you smoking or something? If the last version (may) had some little problems for some, remember it works for others too.
    I was talking about the first public version. The other betas were working (mostly).

You're also talking about sharing source code. I ask you if Marco is willing to share source code!!?? Marco stated here that he doesn't intend to do it, so it's the right of Szakalit and mine too! We spend too much time coding and debugging these tools and we have the right to disclose our work and even ask for donations. So please spare me this talk, and next time, think well before posting something like this. Attack posts won't do you good nor anyone else and please don't tell me that your post isn't flaming or offensive. By attacking other people's work and choices, you are already offending them.
    I haven't meant to share with every idiot who downloaded an IDE, I was talking about the big Developers. Like you and Szakalit. If you work together (and share sources with together, work goes faster -> more donations.

Szakalit and I shared the most valuable information about our discoveries and we think that's enough. Marco was a smart one and he picked informations quickly by analyzing our tools and rebuilt files plus putting some effort to understand what we were doing plus his discoveries. That's what enabled him to write NokiaCooker. Other developers should follow his steps, and this goes the same for you Fonix.
    I never said you haven't done anything. You three and the other members of PNHT did a wonderful and fast job on resolving different parts of the firmwares.

You're talking about monopoly?? I tell you if there is no community then monopoly is a right. I've noticed that everyone talks about community when they want to take, but they forget about community when it's time to give (i'm not integrating everyone here; just a big majority). If Marco, Szakalit or I ask for donations, then it's our choice and right and no one have the right to attack US. We also have the right to make our tools shareware if we want.
    I wasn't talking about the ones who can't even know what is programming. And I wasn't against for donations. Look, first Szakalit shared some info with Marco, but made him not to release anything until March. And that stopped "constructive" work. Yes I understand that you won't share anything with people who just registered to get fast fame, but with developers like him you could really share everything. You could trust the others, who got their name, too!

Also about donations. I see that developing these takes your time, and that's why you need them, but do not quit if there isn't enough. Maybe people waiting for something more?

I was continuing developing Nokia Gui Editor, but posts like what i'm reading here aren't encouraging at all and by that, i'm not talking about donations. Just seeing someone bashing the work of Szakalit (and mine) isn't appealing at all. Just remember that if it wasn't for Me and Szakalit, many of you were still waiting for a hack for their phones. Plus, we also enabled cooking these d*** phones. So everyone need to put that in their minds and respect US, our work and our choices!

Adonix

I respect your work and your choices, but then at least work TOGETHER (if your statement is right, now you're protecting yourself and Szakalit, PNHT, and Marco), and share info with each other! No, I don't want the intel, as mostly I wouldn't even understand it, but there are people who are really good developers, and they would continue your work if you quit.

Oh and also another reason to do not quit:
    You fired up the interests and hopes of these people. Now if you stop working on it, people will remember you as the ones who lied to them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by godtoo
    We support all developers,we test all tools,reply all infos,take much private time.kill our phones many times.
    What we get?
    Perfect tool? NO!
    We do not owe you anything,and so you are~
    So,do not say anything about the donation,it nauseating!

Look, I'm not saying that we shouldn't donate, as they take their precious time to develop a free application, I just say that they shouldn't quit at the half of it because of no donations (or just a few). I say: develop something what worth it, and you'll get donations even if you don't want!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Szakalit
    Hi

I agree with Il.Socio in 100%
    I have cracked/modded Core file for my 5530 about 3 weeks ago, now I have totally modded FW... I'm working on it to release it but I don't have motivation to do that Now I'm working also on other projects so it gonna take some time before I will release it

PNHT
    Hi ,
    Do you mean that you cracked/modded Core file?

I volunteer to test :P

Szakalit,Il.Socio,Adonix,PNHT

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast