Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NokiaCooker BETA 0.4 - Cooked Fw for both 3rd / 5th Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Il.Socio
    ROFX means ROFS-Extension and it is a variant of the ROFS file format...
    Some devices, like N95 and E51 for example use this format.
    And is this the true for E52?
    I would like to edit content of rm469_033.002_06.01_Euro3_prd.rofs2.fpsx file to add/delete additional/unneeded languages, like discussed here: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...4.new.html#new

But when I made such modifications (and repacked afterwards) using Nokia Editor BETA7, flashed this FOFS2 file and others together then the phone bricked. (Only flashing with Phoenix and original files alleviated it again.)
    Contrary to this, alterations of UDA file with Nokia Editor were OK, I added ROMpatcher's the 2 *.ldd files to sys/bin, flashed it and it worked!

But perhaps it would be better to add ROMpatcher files to the folder sys/bin but in ROFS2 instead of UDA! Then ROMpatcher would survive through HardReset.

To sum up, the best benefits come from ability of repacking correctly ROFS2 file. For my model E52 the program Nokia Editor beta7 failed this job. Will Nokia Cooker make it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.2 - Cooked Fw for both 3rd / 5th Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    Nokia E-52 RM-469 v33.002 Rofs2 Editing Report
    Target File : rm469_033.002_15.01_APAC2_prd.rofs2.fpsx
    Phoenix Log of Extracted and Repacked Rofs2
    Code:
    Flashing started
    All operations completed
    Product flashing succeeded.
    Result : Bricked Handset
    So I have just learned e52 isn't included to the workable models for this Nokia Cooker...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.3 - Cooked Fw for both 3rd / 5th Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Il.Socio
    It is really easy, when you see a software, just ask to yourself if you like it...
    If you like it, then make a donation to support the development!
    If you don't like it and you don't care at all if the software will die, then don't donate anything.
    Il.Socio, but you forget this process is really fuzzy and soft in its nature, people are not like constrained determined logical computing units! And if you try to treat them in such way then it will lead to a disaster. Anyway you will earn nothing and waste your work and time invested so far.

If you want to earn by donations then you must have PATIENCE! This is statistical cumulative way.
    First you must take care to increase multitude of people who like your 'product'! Then you compute easily, let us say, every hundredth (and you unrealistically wanted to be every tenth) user will pay you 1-10$, what is the result?
    Besides you neglected the things that are processed in the background, they will yield future results, popularity is the keyword - but you killed all in the midst!

If you wanted guaranteed pay then you should look for the job in the software company, or sign a clear strict contract - but remember then you will be accounted for according to strict inhumane rules as well, and maybe pay closer attention to some 'penalty' assertions in your written contract.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ial
    Anyway you will earn nothing and waste your work and time invested so far.
    The work I did is not wasted... It gave me new knowledge and it was exactly what I was looking for in the beginning.
    Furthermore, I can always continue to develop NokiaCooker for my personal use I'm not forced to share it with the community. (Indeed most of my projects were never published on the net)
    I don't care about fame or money (Read again my previous posts), I don't care about NokiaCooker either... it is just a software that I created to learn new things about the firmware, I only used it a couple of times to flash my devices...
    So, since NokiaCooker's users didn't show any particular interest for supporting this software, why should I continue to spend my time for a software that I don't care?

You have a very clear idea about how the development should be done, so, be my guest and start to develop your tool today!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

jaf 1.98.66 support E52..so just do it~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by godtoo
    jaf 1.98.66 support E52..so just do it~
    How can I use 1.98.66? Where is the pkey emulator and installer for this? I'm eagerly awaiting your reply mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ial
    And is this the true for E52?
    I would like to edit content of rm469_033.002_06.01_Euro3_prd.rofs2.fpsx file to add/delete additional/unneeded languages, like discussed here: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...4.new.html#new

But when I made such modifications (and repacked afterwards) using Nokia Editor BETA7, flashed this FOFS2 file and others together then the phone bricked. (Only flashing with Phoenix and original files alleviated it again.)
    Contrary to this, alterations of UDA file with Nokia Editor were OK, I added ROMpatcher's the 2 *.ldd files to sys/bin, flashed it and it worked!

But perhaps it would be better to add ROMpatcher files to the folder sys/bin but in ROFS2 instead of UDA! Then ROMpatcher would survive through HardReset.

To sum up, the best benefits come from ability of repacking correctly ROFS2 file. For my model E52 the program Nokia Editor beta7 failed this job. Will Nokia Cooker make it?
    where you successful in flashing with JAF mate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@oreo27
    it's the private link of Thunder(chinese download software)

thunder://QUFmdHA6Ly9zaHVhamk6NXVvNTJ4Y3R5QDEyMS42MS4xMTguMT gxL0ZJUk1XQVJFL0pBRi9KLkEuRl8xLjk4LjY2X0JldGE1X0Ny YWNrZWRfMTAuMDMuMzEucmFyWlo=

or

http://drivers.mydrivers.com/downloa...-WinXP-Vista-/

or

http://bbs.sjbus.com/download.html?f...1.rar&9b22e16f

I think you'll use google translation to translate these website.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

nokia 的固件DIY越来越时尚了

Did you disassembled Pheonix to figure out the compression algorithm?
    Did you found out how the flash file hash is calculated (the one mentioned in the .vpl .bin files) ?

Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkee
    Did you disassembled Pheonix to figure out the compression algorithm?
    Did you found out how the flash file hash is calculated (the one mentioned in the .vpl .bin files) ?

Thanks.
    No mate, but that's actually not a bad idea. I know nothing except the concept in programming but maybe you are capable of doing this?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast