Join Today
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Help in moving ROFS2 mods from n97 RM-505 to RM-507 (keyboard layout problem)

Hey everyone,

On another forum (and on this one), people have been making really nice cooked roms for the n97 v21 fw, however for whatever reason, the majority of people are only making RM-505's. While it is possible to rename the RM-505 ROFS2 to the RM-507 and flash it, the keyboard layout, even when changing it to english, does not map to the keyboard we have on our RM-507. If it would be un-important keys, that would be one thing, but the period and comma key is one that does not work, and all of the symbols do not match up with what's silkscreened on the keyboard.

If anyone that knows anything about cooking roms can help out here, you'd be helping out anyone and everyone with an RM-507 n97 to the best cooked rom that i've seen.

Because the ROFS2 files are kind of big, i'm uploading it to multiupload.

Here is my request:

Please take the modifications done to the russian RM-505 ROFS2 and translate it to a ROFS2 with language code 10 (English American). If that cannot be done, the the ROFS2 already includes a code 1 (English UK), which could be okay. However, i'm not sure if that .r01 is part of the problem that makes the keymapping wrong.

Link to download the incredibly made russian RM-505: http://www.multiupload.com/22BPFW6NEI

In case their FPSX file is any different from our normal PHNT one, it's located here: http://www.multiupload.com/F66C2T5M6T

You can get information on that rom and what they did here: http://forum.allnokia.ru/viewtopic.php?t=61402&start=30

If anyone needs me to upload an already cooked RM-507 rom with things that i don't need, i could do that. I just don't know what to do here.. With these ROFS having many thousands of files, its not as easy as just flipping through stuff.

I'd just love it if anyone could take the existing mods here and overwrite an RM-507 with it. I'd also be happy to test it too. I've flashed my phone enough times with "dead usb" under JAF to not care anymore. The community just needs this rom for RM-507 so badly since it removes so many programs and makes the phone faster than i ever thought possible.

Thank you all!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Help in moving ROFS2 mods from n97 RM-505 to RM-507 (keyboard layout problem)

Okay, I've managed to do it the other way around, and i took a working NAM RM-507 rom and put a large majority of the edits from the russian rom and it worked.

http://www.multiupload.com/LUET6SNB9P

I'm running it now on my phone and for the most part, it's perfect. What i've learned though, is that when something was "zero'd out", there are still some skeleton files of the install, or at least the version, somewhere. I need to find that for some of the apps.

As it is now, reinstalling the same version of the app that was zero'd out does not work. Upgrading to a newer version does. This does not cause a problem for anything except for youtube 2.2.30 since there isnt a newer one yet and for qik. I'll do more debugging tonite, but the rom works well if anyone with an RM507 wants to enjoy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Help in moving ROFS2 mods from n97 RM-505 to RM-507 (keyboard layout problem)

Looks like the russian guys made some new edits to their rom and i'm going to try to integrate their changes and figure some more stuff out for my own. Here's a translated description of what they did and what i'll work on making into rm507:

+ The language of the menu - English, Russian, Ukrainian
    + Writing language - English, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian
    + Download in Russian, by default
    - Zoom Extreme by Dscobsct theme effects with turbo manifest + Effects order - Zoom Extreme by Dscobsct theme effects with turbo manifest
    + Inquiries Java applications disabled
    + Root certificate FreeSign
    + Improving the quality of images the camera
    + Cache browser now on E (to create a folder on the E-Cache)
    + Increased disk cache
    + Increased heap size
    + Reduced the waiting time at the close of applications
    + Select Folder scan music (C: \ Data \ Sounds; E: \ Attachments; E: \ mp3; E: \ music; E: \ sounds; F: \ Attachments; F: \ mp3; F: \ sounds; F: \ music)
    + Fix spelling error in the contacts, remove from the huts * DATA "
    + Changed animation handles on animation (land)
    + Read sms to Russian
    + Added theme "Earth_by_PiZero" at the request of Levi's

Applications
    + RomPatcherPlus 2.03 rus (without windows OK) with auto-patches Patches folder is automatically created on the disk E, along with patches.
    + Freetimebox 1.06 rus - time synchronization over Inet, sms, gps
    + JoikuSpot Premium - 2.50 - access point for WiFi
    + Video editor
    + Ovi MAPS 3.04_91 beta
    + Folder Size - Folder size calculation. Version 1.0.2
    + Fring v.3.40.28-29
    + Nokia Photo Browser - view photo
    + FreeUnRAR v1.01 - Unarchiver rar
    + SmartCalculation - v.1.0.4 - counting traffic
    + 7zip unpacker v0.0.2en - Unarchiver 7zip
    + Nokia Custom Dictionary - edit the T9 dictionary

Deleted it.
    - Removed defaulted bookmarks in your browser
    - Removed tab OVI in contact (temporarily abandoned this method because it caused glitch with the camera and the player)
    - Screensavers and requests for inclusion after flashing or XP greeting, sending SMS
    - Background downloading of secondary processes (clock, contacts, journal) when you turn on the smartphone
    This enables you to add a few megabytes of RAM when you turn on your phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nomorgow
    While it is possible to rename the RM-505 ROFS2 to the RM-507 and flash it, the keyboard layout, even when changing it to english, does not map to the keyboard we have on our RM-507. If it would be un-important keys, that would be one thing, but the period and comma key is one that does not work, and all of the symbols do not match up with what's silkscreened on the keyboard.
    OK, I've spent some time to do the following:

* take a vanilla RM-507 ROFS2 and add the Russian input language

and I succeeded. The trick was to unpack \sys\bin\PtiKeymappings_505_11.dll with petran (i.e. petran -nocompress PtiKeymappings_505_11.dll), then locate the first string with the sequence 1234567890@/ and replace chars after that sequence with a hexeditor to match RM-507's keyboard -- this way you will get English keyboard mapping almost properly. You also need to copy \private\10009d8f\ecom-2-0.spi from RM-505's ROFS2 (in my case I just hacked RM-507's to use Russian instead of Talagon and then corrected relocations inside the file), and finally, if you want to have T9 you need to copy \sys\bin\Zi8Russian.dll from RM-505's ROFS.

This should give you an almost properly working QWERTY input on N97. The thing I spent 2 days to figure out was to figure out how to get a dot/comma key working in the English layout (since this key was always mapped to Russian layout), and finally I did it: by hex-editing PtiKeymappings_505_11.dll even further.

I've attached the modified files. Unfortunately, my longer post where I tried to describe the mapping I implemented was lost due to a glitch and I don't wanna spend a lot of time again to re-create it. OK, briefly, the layout for the English keyboard of RM-507 matches marks on keys with 5 additional key combinations: Sym+Shift+k = |, Sym+Shift+l = ~, Sym+Shift+. = `, Sym+Shift+n = |, and Sym+Shift+m = ~ . For the Russian layout, the 2nd row is almost preserved (i.e. RM-507's key marks correspond to the layout), and the 3rd row is almost corresponding to the original Russian layout.

If you re-use my work I'd appreciate a credit

P.S. modified the message since I replaced Talagon (or what the name for Pilipino language in RM-507 is), not English )

--
    (GalaxyMaster)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

+1 for @gm.outside
    Thanks a lot,man!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@gm.outside,can you help me,please!?! http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...7341.msg448588