Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 58 of 142 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1412
  1. #571
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,259
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Yes just one. Just get the effects folder and drop it to rofs2 or rofs3 /resource/

  2. #572
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    409
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    Yes just one. Just get the effects folder and drop it to rofs2 or rofs3 /resource/

    Thanks very much.


    Now as I was looking at my Z folder, I noticed that under Z:\resource\skins there is a "101f84b9 folder" which is missing from the rofs2 and rofs 3 folder (I looked at the firmware using Nokia Editor)

    How come it is there? it contains 101f84b9.sel, Series60Skin.mbm, and Series60Skin.mif.

    The mbm file is just a white background image.

    Now I am interested on this as my unit is a white 5230 which all theme files are oriented to being white with black fonts.

    However I am not fond of this. I like black background themes and white fonts on my phone.

    How will I be able to replace all my default white-oriented themes to black-oriented ones. I do not want custom themes because they are laggy.

    Can I download rofs3 of another phone like Black 5233 and get the black-oriented theme files and put them on my rofs3? But I am still worried about the: 101f84b9.sel, Series60Skin.mbm, and Series60Skin.mif. which I think is the default bg of white 5233.

    Plus how was it generated on Z when it was not on rofs2 and rofs3?

  3. #573
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,259
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    You want to change themes? That z resource is from rofs3 where the default theme is located

  4. #574
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    409
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    You want to change themes? That z resource is from rofs3 where the default theme is located
    Yes sir, I know.

    But what puzzles me is that after installation, my Z: now have this directory:

    Z:\resource\skins\101f84b9

    with the following files:
    101f84b9.sel,
    Series60Skin.mbm,
    and Series60Skin.mif.


    Now these theme is not on rofs3 before I flashed it.

    I was wondering where this came from as my resource\skins folder on my rofs3 only contains:

    theme folders of:
    200250EF
    200250F0
    200250f1
    200250F2
    200250F3
    200250f4


    with 200250F2 as the default theme.

    Those theme folders are on my Z also but the 101f84b9 was added and I don't know where it came from.

    I am looking at the files I used for flashing now and indeed the 101f84b9 is nowhere to be found.

    Is this theme file autogenereated by the phone?

  5. #575
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by thespicdatum
    Yes sir, I know.

    But what puzzles me is that after installation, my Z: now have this directory:

    Z:\resource\skins\101f84b9

    with the following files:
    101f84b9.sel,
    Series60Skin.mbm,
    and Series60Skin.mif.


    Now these theme is not on rofs3 before I flashed it.

    I was wondering where this came from as my resource\skins folder on my rofs3 only contains:

    theme folders of:
    200250EF
    200250F0
    200250f1
    200250F2
    200250F3
    200250f4


    with 200250F2 as the default theme.

    Those theme folders are on my Z also but the 101f84b9 was added and I don't know where it came from.

    I am looking at the files I used for flashing now and indeed the 101f84b9 is nowhere to be found.

    Is this theme file autogenereated by the phone?
    i think this is the default theme of all symbian s60v5 phones. maybe located in the core or rofs2. check there mate.

  6. #576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    409
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    i think this is the default theme of all symbian s60v5 phones. maybe located in the core or rofs2. check there mate.
    It's not in the rofs2, I checked alredy three times.

    So if it's in the core which is not editable.

    How do I make my default theme for my white 5230 that of the black 5230? do i need to change product code and install the fw for the black 5230?

    What if I am using cfw (rofs2 and rofs3) can i copy and paste them on the new fw from the new product code?

  7. #577
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by thespicdatum
    It's not in the rofs2, I checked alredy three times.

    So if it's in the core which is not editable.

    How do I make my default theme for my white 5230 that of the black 5230? do i need to change product code and install the fw for the black 5230?

    What if I am using cfw (rofs2 and rofs3) can i copy and paste them on the new fw from the new product code?
    that is the base theme for all s60v5 phones. there is no vairiation for the default theme. but if you want to control which theme you use after flashing completes.

    it is done with a private folder file located in rofs*\private\10202be9\

    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...0;attach=62085

    101F876F.txt

    0x2 string "536958971" 16777216 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=WriteDeviceData

    0x14 string "20000008" 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail


    Change both to Theme UID. This is how I set it to any theme to be the default theme.

  8. #578
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    409
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    that is the base theme for all s60v5 phones. there is no vairiation for the default theme. but if you want to control which theme you use after flashing completes.

    it is done with a private folder file located in rofs*\private\10202be9\

    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...0;attach=62085

    101F876F.txt

    0x2 string "536958971" 16777216 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=WriteDeviceData

    0x14 string "20000008" 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail


    Change both to Theme UID. This is how I set it to any theme to be the default theme.

    ye sir, I'm aware of changing the default theme after flashing, but will it affect the BG (which is white on my 5230) to become black when you are inside the menu?

    what i'm saying is when you click on menu, the default behind the icons is white. will it become black after changing the default theme with those from black 5230?

    I am concerned with the Series60Skin.mbm image as it is plain white which I think controls the bg when inside the menu.

  9. #579
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,318
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by thespicdatum

    ye sir, I'm aware of changing the default theme after flashing, but will it affect the BG (which is white on my 5230) to become black when you are inside the menu?

    what i'm saying is when you click on menu, the default behind the icons is white. will it become black after changing the default theme with those from black 5230?

    I am concerned with the Series60Skin.mbm image as it is plain white which I think controls the bg when inside the menu.
    Your menu background will change with theme. Do not worry

  10. #580
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    409
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: All Mods For CFW Makers and newbees!

    Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    Your menu background will change with theme. Do not worry
    I tried using the themes from black 5230 fws and indeed you are correct sir. the bg was converted to black. I love my phone more now.


 
Page 58 of 142 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Android on Nokia S60V5 devices
    By superfst in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 574
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
  2. Iphone Menu for Nokia S60V5 Devices (Kinetic)
    By slowdive in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 01:49 PM
  3. handy zip-winrar for s60v5 devices 15 days trial
    By danoninho666 in forum Symbian S60v5 Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 10:28 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 03:19 PM
  5. All s60v5 devices touch enabled?
    By tshrjain in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 05:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •