Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: N97 After cooked Rofs2 cant uninstall Application ! Bug of Nokiaeditor For N97

Quote Originally Posted by uts27
    ya there is a bug
    can some body help
    i tried in my 5530xm white-blue
    cant un install apps
    i cooked it properly as per the tuts
    it shows "Removing failed"
    I also have 5530 and everything working fine

Please all that cant uninstall apps after flashing write here your product codes!! Then ill download this fw and ill look what is wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: N97 After cooked Rofs2 cant uninstall Application ! Bug of Nokiaeditor For N97

Quote Originally Posted by Szakalit
    Please all that cant uninstall apps after flashing write here your product codes!! Then ill download this fw and ill look what is wrong.
    N97 v21.0.045 - 0576575

cant remove application after flash

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

N97 V.21
    0576213: RM-505_APAC_INDIA White

Always the same errors with every Nokiaeditor version.
    Can install common apps like facebook, gmail, plaringo, handy taskman,....... bla bla bla
    Cannot uninstall them once installed.
    Also cannot install ANY themes at ALL. error - "Unable to install"

Currently trying to cook firmwares from other APAC regions and trying. I will report all the product codes that have the same problem.

And may many thanks to Szakalit for looking into the matter. Am currently living on a Euro cooked firmware and my QWERTY keyboard
    and all the BLUE marked characters are messed up. Lol, i get an Accente "A" instead of a question mark wheni press Blue Key+N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am 5800 XM user, but experiencing same error just like N97 users.

It is RM-356. Product Code is 0588615.
    It is Korean Custom Version and not yet V40 based.
    Current 10.4.101 firm is V31 based.

(We can't use V40 firm, because korean custom 5800 has Native SL3 security which prevents downgrade.. And 10.4.101 has been released later than global V40 firm. OMG)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

NOTE - All of these are version 21.0.45

0587240: RM-505 Country Variant United Kingdom GB CU white - Works with Nokiaeditor v4,5,6,7 No errors afer cooking.

0576211: RM-505_APAC_Bangladesh White - Works with v4,6,7 Version 5, repacking problems. Seems like everything is fine, but trying to flash with cooked firmware bricks the phone.

0575841: RM-505_APAC_HONG KONG white - Does not work at ALL with any version. Always errors upon install or uninstall of apps. MOSTLY THEMES. I wanted this working the most

0576130: RM-505_APAC_SINGAPORE White - Works with all versions.

Thats about it for now. Please dont mind I am testing only the WHITE model firmwares. I own a white n97. And is there a limit to how many times a phone can be flashed? I must have flashed my N97 at least 25 times or so. o_O Is it safe?

Also, people cooking firmwares, cook the firmwares which are very near to your regions if you are unable to cook your own region firmwares. I say this because you WILL mess up your QWERTY keyboard layout one way or the other. I Learned it the hard way. Rectified now though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

is there an answer for this thread?

I met exactly the same problem with my n97 mini: cann't install themes, and some sw can't un-install after successfully cooked ROFS2 with NokiaEditor.

My CODE is :0584970 APAC-CHINA Garnet

BTW, if this is a defect of NokiaEditor, is there any replacement tools for ROFS repack?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vampire2041
    N97 V.21
    0576213: RM-505_APAC_INDIA White

Always the same errors with every Nokiaeditor version.
    Can install common apps like facebook, gmail, plaringo, handy taskman,....... bla bla bla
    Cannot uninstall them once installed.
    Also cannot install ANY themes at ALL. error - "Unable to install"

Currently trying to cook firmwares from other APAC regions and trying. I will report all the product codes that have the same problem.

And may many thanks to Szakalit for looking into the matter. Am currently living on a Euro cooked firmware and my QWERTY keyboard
    and all the BLUE marked characters are messed up. Lol, i get an Accente "A" instead of a question mark wheni press Blue Key+N
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnetdog
    is there an answer for this thread?

I met exactly the same problem with my n97 mini: cann't install themes, and some sw can't un-install after successfully cooked ROFS2 with NokiaEditor.

My CODE is :0584970 APAC-CHINA Garnet

BTW, if this is a defect of NokiaEditor, is there any replacement tools for ROFS repack?
    You have not understood, as Z, the applications are hard links!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have problem too with n97 after i add rp to rosf2 and flash to phone done and i start in stall unsign app it ok but again i stall again it say cannot install and can not uninstall too befor work fine with uda but with rofs2 have problem what wrong?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have no problems with mine RM-507 21.2.045 (V2 everything I install into C:\ or E:\ uninstalls just fine, including themes. and my cooked firmware is loaded with tons of mods and applications...

Here is my list, 65.7MB on C after hard reset.

latest free ovi maps
    updated and modified flash to work with more websites, (added a bigger buffer, and allow for write file access) no more holding flash movies in a memory buffer!
    modified x-plore to run from z: (allowing for setting to be changed)
    latest Java (2) installed, (permissions modified), and many of favorite games and applications installed in Z
    latest python (2) installed and many stupid but funny apps
    latest ovi store client installed in Z:
    latest nokia widget bridge API loaded into Z, and many widgets (huge battery, facebook, weather.com, etc)
    compass touch
    brightlight
    modified rom patcher (autostart) without hacking the (non_critical) files
    BT file transfer modified to run from Z
    google search modified to run from Z
    mobbler modified to run from z

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Xplore does not seem to cure to the Z disc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast